This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tasha View Post
    Omg, if I do this, it will be my second termination in two months. That's terrible.
    Don't look at it that way. It just is what it is

I've been at this for 30 plus years now. There have been times when I go YEARS with a nice steady group of clients and then for some reason get a whole bunch of (insert expletives here).......!!!!

Comment

But do you really want to deal with her for the next year +? I mean if think getting a new family started vs dealing with her for even another 2 months would be less work/stress/hasle.

This will happen again. And again. No matter what you say, she will keep doing things like this and telling you that YOU need to get in line. This kind of person will never see it from your perspective. She is right and you are wrong in her eyes. You will never be able to tell her differently and she WILL leave without giving you notice when it suits her, she will not pay you two weeks notice ( if that's what your contract says) because she is going to be one of those people that thinks that doesn't apply to her And that you should work with her and let her off Scott free. " because he's a working mom" and "what's the big deal about not giving a measly two week notice"

Grrrr this burns me. Reminds me of my first family. She left owing me $2,800 (I know, I know. I've learned a lot since then). When I told her she needed to pay me she told me she "shouldn't have to pay" me and "what was the big deal? You don't need the money since you can afford to work from home"

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post

I've been at this for 30 plus years now. There have been times when I go YEARS with a nice steady group of clients and then for some reason get a whole bunch of (insert expletives here).......!!!!

This is exactly what has happened to me in the last year or so. Just one difficult drama-queen DCM after another. My DH is starting to get really sick of hearing my complaints....

Comment

[/B]

This is exactly what has happened to me in the last year or so. Just one difficult drama-queen DCM after another. My DH is starting to get really sick of hearing my complaints....
          ::
          I think a lot of our husbands probably feel that way!

Comment

I had a dcm just like this. I put up with one thing after another for months before finally terming. Never again. Not even worth it.

I agree with Meeko. There are great dcps and there are not so great ones. Life's too short to deal with the ones who don't respect you.

Comment

Yeah, no center I know would have even been open at 6:30 either. All the places I know here (have worked or subbed for), they open at 7:30-8! No one would be there. She'd be sitting in the parking lot. The staff barely gets in before the first parents because the center isn't going to pay for staff with no children in care. All cleaning and prep is done the evening before while the last of the kids are still there in in the morning while caring for children. Then the staff leaves just minutes past the last child. As far as I've seen, centers are pretty strict on all the rules. But, different in different centers. I don't think she knows center or fcc style- she just knows HER style . And it aint gonna fly anywhere. Guess she'll get with the program eventually- after getting kicked out of various places.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
                ::
                I think a lot of our husbands probably feel that way!
                That's why we're all here!! Vent to us. We understand and most can relate to what you're talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post

totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Yeah, no center I know would have even been open at 6:30 either. All the places I know here (have worked or subbed for), they open at 7:30-8! No one would be there. She'd be sitting in the parking lot. The staff barely gets in before the first parents because the center isn't going to pay for staff with no children in care. All cleaning and prep is done the evening before while the last of the kids are still there in in the morning while caring for children. Then the staff leaves just minutes past the last child. As far as I've seen, centers are pretty strict on all the rules. But, different in different centers. I don't think she knows center or fcc style- she just knows HER style . And it aint gonna fly anywhere. Guess she'll get with the program eventually- after getting kicked out of various places.
                    Centers in my area are open from 6AM to 6:30PM. There was one I saw a couple of years ago that was open from 5:30AM to 8PM.

Comment

That's why it's called a trial period Don't think of it as terming, you gave her a trial run and you can see it's not going to work out for the long term!

Comment

Wow

5:05 pm and she is not here yet!

Comment

No way...you are way nicer than I.

I would be telling this lady, sorry, it sounds like you either need to go to a center or hire a nanny. I would not even try to make this work at this point. Two week trial period still going on? Let them go now.

Comment

Collect late fees monday morning and then issue termination.

Comment

I think I would be terming on the spot. Sounds like she is trying to engage you in a power struggle to me.

Comment

What hours was her original contract for?
                                I don't blame you for being upset. She's either being vengeful now or clearly doesn't care.
                                Wonder what time she showed up?

Comment

Working...
                                X