This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
    I would email back and term effective immediately then not respond to any thing else she sends you. Good luck!
    just term.

You want to teach children not adults.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

Dear DCM,
      In response to yor email from today: As we discussed in our interview, your contracted hours are 8:30a to 5pm. As we discussed last week, I am unable to accomodate your schedule. As far as the child watching Disney AFTER HOURS, there really is not much to say. During daycare hours the kids get limited screen time as we discussed. It sounds like we are not going to be a fit for your needs here. Effective immediately, care is no longer offered.

Thanks,
      Sickofyoazzzzzzprovider

Comment

Isn't it interesting that she heard the part of the interview about t.v. time but didn't hear the part about hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
          Isn't it interesting that she heard the part of the interview about t.v. time but didn't hear the part about hours?
          And I would point this out in my reply to her!!!

Comment

Not to argue with everyone, but I wouldn't mention the TV at all.

If you are going to term, just flat out say we are not a good fit and move on. No point in causing any more mess if you don't have to, it's all water under the bridge at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
              Not to argue with everyone, but I wouldn't mention the TV at all.

If you are going to term, just flat out say we are not a good fit and move on. No point in causing any more mess if you don't have to, it's all water under the bridge at that point.
              Must be the Libra in me but I always have 2 little invisible beings, 1 whispering in each of my ears. One says exactly what you mentioned. Move forward and be professional. The other one says She needs to be taken down a notch and realize she is NOT the center of the universe. I try to listen to the 'be the bigger person' advice but dang, sometimes it's too hard.

Comment

I am probably the last one to terminate but honestly after her last email my response would be a simple...

Dear DCM,

Unfortunately at this time it appears my program is not a good fit for your family. Please consider this notice a termination of our agreement and let me know when you would like to pick up dcg's things.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tasha View Post
                  She just finished her second week. Her contracted hours are from 8 to 5. Her work hours are from 8:30 to 4:30. I went over and over with her the hours she requested and if she thinks those would work. Now I am discovering that if her boss comes to her and needs something, then she'll have to stay late (according to her).
                  On Friday, she tried to tell me that she wants me to stay open until 6. I am not going to do it. I would be willing to stay open until 5:15 at the latest, but I don't think that would even help her. I honestly believe that if I scheduled her from 8 to 6, she'd start picking up closer to 7 and pay the late fee and not think a thing about it.
                  After her last email to you, I would term via email response to her. I would not have a meeting on Monday as she is demanding. No way. I'm not one to term and I think I've done it twice in 15 years, but she is outrageous. I think I would point out the fact though that her dd was watching Disney AFTER hours and it wouldn't have happened if she would have been on time.

Comment

I really want to tell her off, but I am not going to.
                    Just bothers me that she is going to tell people that I rely on television. For the record, I did have the television on Thursday morning. But the little girl, who's 4, wasn't even supposed to be here, and I had to blow dry my hair and get ready for the day. And I turned the TV on Friday because the toys were already put away and the children's area was completely cleaned and no way was I going to make another mess. And again, I had no idea when that woman was going to show up. At any rate, there is no way I am going to keep her on. The only question left is whether I email her tonight (and resist the urge to write her a really snippy letter) or if I send a messenger tomorrow with her DD's things and a termination letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
                      I really want to tell her off, but I am not going to.
                      Just bothers me that she is going to tell people that I rely on television. For the record, I did have the television on Thursday morning. But the little girl, who's 4, wasn't even supposed to be here, and I had to blow dry my hair and get ready for the day. And I turned the TV on Friday because the toys were already put away and the children's area was completely cleaned and no way was I going to make another mess. And again, I had no idea when that woman was going to show up. At any rate, there is no way I am going to keep her on. The only question left is whether I email her tonight (and resist the urge to write her a really snippy letter) or if I send a messenger tomorrow with her DD's things and a termination letter.
                      I would send a short email stating she is not a good fit for your child care program and terminating services effective immediately. Further state, Your belongings will be mailed to you! Then do NOT respond to anything else she sends you!

Comment

• I agree. Terminate immediately and mail her things. I would not be willing to see this lady ever again!

Comment

• I try to remain as professional as possible when dealing with clients but under these circumstances, I would wait until later tomorrow night to respond with a termination notice. Giving her notice tonight gives her too much time to figure out what she's going to do for child care on Monday. Maybe I'm the evil one?

Comment

• She's trying to put you on the defensive by bringing up the TV, so that you'll bend to her will on the new times

I agree with EJ, wait until later tomorrow to e-mail her a term notice ::

Comment

• Just read the entire story and...WOW.

I like your messenger idea with the girl's items + term letter all in a neat package, perhaps with a bow. After you do send it, the most important part is to never answer her phone call, text, or email ever again. This is a power balancing act, and it will be all on your side now. You'll definitely receive dozens of attempted communications, and it will really tick her off when she receives the cold shoulder. What a snotty, entitled BRAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                                I would send a short email stating she is not a good fit for your child care program and terminating services effective immediately. Further state, Your belongings will be mailed to you! Then do NOT respond to anything else she sends you!
                                I would do this. Just cut it off and be done with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X