This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N/A View Post
    No it's NOT "Cruel" What's cruel is someone expecting this woman to work extra hours without notice, and whining about the pay. This woman was in her 2 week trial period, which does not require a notice from EITHER party. I would NEVER give someone who was blatantly disrespecting me, my family, and our time a WEEK notice. Perhaps, if they were not behaving so badly, they would not have to pay the consequences of their actions. The problem with society these days is people feel entitled to EVERYTHING. You feel this woman was "entitled" to a week notice. No, she is NOT entitled to anything. Not a single thing as SHE breached contract and SHE disrespected Tasha. The 'right' thing to do is to treat the person taking care of your most treasured gift of all (your KID) with the utmost of respect. She did not do this. She did not even give notice when she was going to be late. She didn't even confirm receipt of text of OP to be sure dropping early is ok. She didn't do anything because SHE THOUGHT SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT to do as SHE pleased without any regard for ANYONE else.

So you, my dear, are INCORRECT. It was neither unprofessional or 'cruel' for this mother to receive her termination on Sunday afternoon.

Maybe she'll treat the next provider correctly.

I hate when people feel they are entitled to things in which they are not.

Signed,
    A DCM who pays on time, picks up on time, if I HAVE to run late (like an accident on HWY), I text and pay for that time, drops off on time, doesn't complain about holiday pay or vacation days or illness time, etc. I had my kids, NOT someone else, so guess what? I also have a backup and don't shirk my responsibilities as a parent.
    Can you move to my state and be my daycare parent?! :hug::hug:

Comment

• Originally posted by WAHMderful_Life View Post
      Omg what a nightmare. A Parent acting like a spoiled child. I bet her child was better behaved then her.

Daring to show up that early is just beyond rude. Then daring to come at pick up and tell me that they have decided to change there hrs to 6 Bahahaha, I may have actually laughed in their face. Then If I had gotten an email like that omg would my blood have boiled. I would have termed them just as fast and would have stated that there are lots of other people who need childcare and that would appreciate a spot. As for the phone calls I would have picked up the phone and just hung it up or hit ignore. if she kept calling a million times I would block her but I only have a cell so thats easy to do.

Makes me think that a meme needs to be made about this. Jane disrespect her daycare provider. Jane no longer has childcare. Don't be like jane. ::
      Don't be like Jane. ahhahahahhahhahahahahahaha ::::::::::::::

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
        I really want to thank you for this. It does give me great motivation to stick to my guns.
        I can't turn my ringer off because I expect my daughter to call when it is time to pick her up from her trip. I don't understand why this DCM won't just leave a message instead of making one phone call after another!
        Edit her profile in your phone and hange her ringtone to something quiet

Comment

• Originally posted by lovemydaycare0912 View Post
          Can you move to my state and be my daycare parent?! :hug::hug:
          Only if you live in the country! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Edit her profile in your phone and hange her ringtone to something quiet
            Or change her ringtone into something you love to dance to and makes you happy!

Comment

• Hope everything's okay Tasha?? I'll bet you'll be glad when this all stops.

Comment

• Wow. That is quite the story! I would like to hear how she took the news of being termed. I had a crazy DCM 2 weeks ago, too, that resulted in her finding alternate care when I wouldn't back down from my policies.

Sometimes it's really hard to pull that trigger when I know I will have an open spot for who knows how long and all the interviewing. And often times I end up just trading one problem for another!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                  Hope everything's okay Tasha?? I'll bet you'll be glad when this all stops.
                  I'm just praying that no news is good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    Yes, this is correct.

There have actually been 3 different unregistered poster's in this thread.

The first one disappearing shortly after the second one appeared.

#1 did return to make one additional comment but has since not posted other than her/his first few posts.

#2 has been the most vocal but is NOT the one that has riled the most feathers.

That would be #3 who has made the LEAST amount of posts but appears to have gotten under everyone's skin rather quickly.

One of the unregistered posters is a regular poster. Of the other two, I've "seen" one around now and then but not so much I'd call them a regular and the other unregistered is UNKNOWN.
                    Really, only three? I didn't sign in for two posts I made (which were totally normal, non-trolling posts about my experience with centers and that Tasha should get rid of dcm asap! ) just because it's inconvenient to sign in half the time. I can't imagine there were only 2 other people making all those other unregistered posts. The posts were all so different.

?? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                      I would have told her NO at the door.

"Sorry dcm, you did not notify me of your schedule change at least 24 hours in advance so I am unable to request your change." and then I would have told her "See you at 8!" and closed the door. NOPE. I only do schedule changes when I feel like it. I charge extra for them. I have a max # of hours and contracted times for a reason.

7 am doctor appt?

Not knowing about it until the night before?

Sounds like total BS to me.
                      Bingo!

Comment

• Originally posted by CalCare View Post
                        Really, only three? I didn't sign in for two posts I made (which were totally normal, non-trolling posts about my experience with centers and that Tasha should get rid of dcm asap! ) just because it's inconvenient to sign in half the time. I can't imagine there were only 2 other people making all those other unregistered posts. The posts were all so different.

?? Really?
                        Ok, I am not really sure how to take this...... :confused:

I only counted posts from where the drama started. I did not count unregistered posters that didnt post within the drama that ensured. My comments about there being only 3 unregistered stand....the drama started within posts made by 3 different users/posters.

The first 100-115 (or so) posts were not dramatic, were not stirring the pot and did not invoke any type of uprising from the masses.

I also recognize your IP as a regular member so in my head don't count you as a normal "unregistered" if that makes sense at all...

ETA.....a 4th unregistered has made an appearance since I originally posted.
                        Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-21-2016, 11:43 AM. Reason: Fixed a few errors

Comment

• I made it to the end of this post. That's a lot of drama and, unfortunately, in my 4 years of being open I have seen quite a bit similar to this (at least 4 families off the top of my head).

So sorry that it escalated with the Mom so quickly. I've found that even if you find a way to terminate a contract in the nicest, simplest way possible an offended parent will still find some way to stick it to you. I had this happen two weeks ago and it was terrible. Like you, it was my second termination in two months. I'm advertising to fill the spot currently, but will be taking a full month off to unwind (2 weeks in, 2 or more to go). :: Perhaps you can do the same.

:hug: MANY hugs for your stress.

Comment

• oh ok. I thought you were saying there were three people, total, making unregistered posts in this thread which was so shocking to me that there could have been only 2 people other than me. Because some of the posts were supportive and some were pot-stirring. I was like 'wow, I'm so naïve to not realize how much faking is going on here!'. But you didn't mean the whole conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalCare View Post
                              oh ok. I thought you were saying there were three people, total, making unregistered posts in this thread which was so shocking to me that there could have been only 2 people other than me. Because some of the posts were supportive and some were pot-stirring. I was like 'wow, I'm so naïve to not realize how much faking is going on here!'. But you didn't mean the whole conversation.
                              My apologies... I should have pointed that out.
                              But yes, you are correct

Comment

• These situations are almost always avoidable! How? Parents should enroll their child in a daycare program that operates within hours and policies that work for them. As in, the hours and policies work as they are already. Too many times, they sign up with hopes (or expectations) that they can have things changed to fit them.

Comment

Working...
                                X