This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
    You hope I am glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes me and the children jump? You wish that on me? I think that is really bizarre. I don't think there is anything wrong with being prepared on the off-chance she does show up. Something is wrong with a person who calls incessantly, more than 8 times (that I know of) with no one answering. I don't think she's a bad person, and it's not my intention to vilify her. I just think she is used to calling all the shots, and she is not used to not getting her own way. And given her loud and obnoxious behavior on Friday, I do think everybody is giving me good advice about how to deal with her. And I really appreciate it.

She's like 1/2 the kids today, she doesn't know what to do when someone tells her NO! You are 100% in the right and don't let some person hiding behind "unregistered" tell you different.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissAnn View Post
      Can someone block unregistered? I'm getting a headache.
      Same!

Comment

• Originally posted by daycare View Post
        Unregistered is in the Netherlands, at least this is where the IP address is coming from. I'm not sure how to block them but BC is the pro at that. Don't feed the trolls.

Sorry Tasha. Keep your chin up. Get a good night of rest.
        Exactly Ignore ignore ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I'm sure you "appreciate" it. You went from victim to star of this story. I'm really wondering how true half of this. I'm betting we'll get an update tomorrow about how she came, pounded on the door, threatened your life, and the police hauled her to the looney bin. Just came with a straight jacket. Maybe you can right for soap operas. No really, the last time I saw a storyline this crazy was in a Tyler Perry movie and he's getting Oprah money now.
          #1 GRAMMAR
          #2 If you have no idea what you're talking about, it's best to not comment because practically everyone here has had some negative experience that makes us cautious. Is there a such thing as being too cautious when you have a house full of littles? NO.

Comment

• Um, there has been more than one unregistered on this thread and my posts were not negative.
            I termed one person in the past five years, a minister, and she wanted to have a shouting match in front of the kids.

Comment

Um, there has been more than one unregistered on this thread and my posts were not negative.
              I termed one person in the past five years, a minister, and she wanted to have a shouting match in front of the kids.
              Yes, this is correct.

There have actually been 3 different unregistered poster's in this thread.

The first one disappearing shortly after the second one appeared.

#1 did return to make one additional comment but has since not posted other than her/his first few posts.

#2 has been the most vocal but is NOT the one that has riled the most feathers.

That would be #3 who has made the LEAST amount of posts but appears to have gotten under everyone's skin rather quickly.

One of the unregistered posters is a regular poster. Of the other two, I've "seen" one around now and then but not so much I'd call them a regular and the other unregistered is UNKNOWN.

Comment

• Any updates, Tasha?

Comment

• Taaaaasha....

Comment

• Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                    Taaaaasha....
                    I just noticed you're from alabama? Where are you there? We're going to Gulf Shores next week for spring break!

Comment

• I'm very, very North in a little town called Ardmore just outside of Huntsville. Only about 5 miles from the Tennessee state line. The Gulf is beautiful!

Try to hit the Gulf State Park Pier and also get dinner one night at Lulu's. The owner is Jimmy Buffet's sister. It's an open air restaurant right on a lagoon. Great food too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                        I'm very, very North in a little town called Ardmore just outside of Huntsville. Only about 5 miles from the Tennessee state line. The Gulf is beautiful!

Try to hit the Gulf State Park Pier and also get dinner one night at Lulu's. The owner is Jimmy Buffet's sister. It's an open air restaurant right on a lagoon. Great food too.
                        I just did a thread in Off Topics about our trip.

Comment

• I've had this parent too..showed up late, got pissed if I had the TV on. Literally called me to say, ' Husband & I talked, and he was upset that L was watching TV when we picked up.' I was so flustered I didn't know whatto say. I ended up keeping them bc I needed the cash until she went on maternity leave. They were clueless. BTW, I did mention the TV was on rarely...rarely...meaning it happens. This was the SECOND time in a year it was on, and I had even texted dcm & told them I had a mastitis infection, was sick, had vertigo, and the afternoon was going to be me on the couch, and kids watching cartoons. She said ok, I understand..at the time.. Also, I was so sick my husband stayed home to help w/ the kids. I love how she blamed her husband too. She was a neurotic mess.

Comment

The last line is my whole point. Should she keep this parent? No, but why not give them a week or at least a day to find new care? I think these terms are very unprofessional and really cruel when it's not something say illegal or threatening.
                            No it's NOT "Cruel" What's cruel is someone expecting this woman to work extra hours without notice, and whining about the pay. This woman was in her 2 week trial period, which does not require a notice from EITHER party. I would NEVER give someone who was blatantly disrespecting me, my family, and our time a WEEK notice. Perhaps, if they were not behaving so badly, they would not have to pay the consequences of their actions. The problem with society these days is people feel entitled to EVERYTHING. You feel this woman was "entitled" to a week notice. No, she is NOT entitled to anything. Not a single thing as SHE breached contract and SHE disrespected Tasha. The 'right' thing to do is to treat the person taking care of your most treasured gift of all (your KID) with the utmost of respect. She did not do this. She did not even give notice when she was going to be late. She didn't even confirm receipt of text of OP to be sure dropping early is ok. She didn't do anything because SHE THOUGHT SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT to do as SHE pleased without any regard for ANYONE else.

So you, my dear, are INCORRECT. It was neither unprofessional or 'cruel' for this mother to receive her termination on Sunday afternoon.

Maybe she'll treat the next provider correctly.

I hate when people feel they are entitled to things in which they are not.

Signed,
                            A DCM who pays on time, picks up on time, if I HAVE to run late (like an accident on HWY), I text and pay for that time, drops off on time, doesn't complain about holiday pay or vacation days or illness time, etc. I had my kids, NOT someone else, so guess what? I also have a backup and don't shirk my responsibilities as a parent.

Comment

• what a nightmare

Omg what a nightmare. A Parent acting like a spoiled child. I bet her child was better behaved then her.

Daring to show up that early is just beyond rude. Then daring to come at pick up and tell me that they have decided to change there hrs to 6 Bahahaha, I may have actually laughed in their face. Then If I had gotten an email like that omg would my blood have boiled. I would have termed them just as fast and would have stated that there are lots of other people who need childcare and that would appreciate a spot. As for the phone calls I would have picked up the phone and just hung it up or hit ignore. if she kept calling a million times I would block her but I only have a cell so thats easy to do.

Makes me think that a meme needs to be made about this. Jane disrespect her daycare provider. Jane no longer has childcare. Don't be like jane. ::

Comment

I've been lurking this whole thread and I must admit a few comments were funny. Wow. Are you guys serious? What do you think this woman is going to do? Comparing her to a abusive husband and threatening legal actions? This is ridiculous. I hope the mom doesn't show up and the OP is glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes them jump. This is really just bizarre.
                                Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                                So...you understand Murphy's Law, right? The thing that you're most prepared for is the thing LEAST likely to happen. So, Tasha, PREPARE!

Unfortunately, being alone at home with a bunch of little kids and making anyone mad can be a problem. Truth is, she'll probably just call licensing and make up crap. But, I don't think it would hurt to be prepared for a scene.
                                Really?

And just know, sometimes, parents turn into nutzos.

When I was a licensed provider, after I refused care (parents owed me money) the dad came on my property and threatened to harm me and my family. This stuff is real. I had to call police. After I got the dad off property, I called licensing. No surprise, they called licensing and made up a bunch of stuff and of course, I was investigated, and it was all unfounded (duh, I hadn't done anything)

appx 4 months later, another provider in another city called me gravely concerned for the youngest girl, who she now had in her care...

turns out dad was a child molester/abuser.

Lots of things happened, apparently, in those 4 months, and that provider, too, was threatened to be harmed all because she called an ambulance when the girl was hemmorrhaging after what was believed to be an incident of abuse. She contacted me as she wanted to know if I witnessed any abuse. It hadn't occurred to me at the time, but there were lots of weeks where they simply didn't show up with their kids. At the time, I thought nothing of it, but thinking back on it after that call, I began to wonder if all that missed time was due to some abuse happening. (mind you, this all happened BEFORE I got extremely strict on my contracts and had a backbone)

Yeah, people are CRAZY, so for the one who questions why providers get nervous,

Wish you would have been there and witnessed what happened to me. Then you'd shut your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X