This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been lurking this whole thread and I must admit a few comments were funny. Wow. Are you guys serious? What do you think this woman is going to do? Comparing her to a abusive husband and threatening legal actions? This is ridiculous. I hope the mom doesn't show up and the OP is glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes them jump. This is really just bizarre.
    So...you understand Murphy's Law, right? The thing that you're most prepared for is the thing LEAST likely to happen. So, Tasha, PREPARE!

Unfortunately, being alone at home with a bunch of little kids and making anyone mad can be a problem. Truth is, she'll probably just call licensing and make up crap. But, I don't think it would hurt to be prepared for a scene.

Comment

• Do not wait until she shows up Monday, because you know she will, to address this. Email her a copy of the termination letter and state that any further contact is unnecessary and any more attempts on her part to contact you will be considered harassment and you will take legal action if necessary.

Any normal person would have realized after the third phone call that was not returned that it was pointless to continue calling and stopped. Any phone calls after three shows her level of craziness and you do not want that at your doorstep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heidi View Post
        So...you understand Murphy's Law, right? The thing that you're most prepared for is the thing LEAST likely to happen. So, Tasha, PREPARE!

Unfortunately, being alone at home with a bunch of little kids and making anyone mad can be a problem. Truth is, she'll probably just call licensing and make up crap. But, I don't think it would hurt to be prepared for a scene.
        That's the whole thing. A scene. Just lock the door, call the cops, and crank up music so the kids won't hear. I mean you guys are acting like the OP needs a bullet proof vest. If this lady is really a professional at a corporate job, she has passed a background check and I'm guessing she's not going to like go around throwing rocks at your windows or something worse. I'm pretty sure dcm isn't going to lose her job over this. I.e. do something to get arrested.

Comment

I've been lurking this whole thread and I must admit a few comments were funny. Wow. Are you guys serious? What do you think this woman is going to do? Comparing her to a abusive husband and threatening legal actions? This is ridiculous. I hope the mom doesn't show up and the OP is glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes them jump. This is really just bizarre.
          You hope I am glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes me and the children jump? You wish that on me? I think that is really bizarre. I don't think there is anything wrong with being prepared on the off-chance she does show up. Something is wrong with a person who calls incessantly, more than 8 times (that I know of) with no one answering. I don't think she's a bad person, and it's not my intention to vilify her. I just think she is used to calling all the shots, and she is not used to not getting her own way. And given her loud and obnoxious behavior on Friday, I do think everybody is giving me good advice about how to deal with her. And I really appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
            You hope I am glued to the blinds all day and every little noise makes me and the children jump? You wish that on me? I think that is really bizarre. I don't think there is anything wrong with being prepared on the off-chance she does show up. Something is wrong with a person who calls incessantly, more than 8 times (that I know of) with no one answering. I don't think she's a bad person, and it's not my intention to vilify her. I just think she is used to calling all the shots, and she is not used to not getting her own way. And given her loud and obnoxious behavior on Friday, I do think everybody is giving me good advice about how to deal with her. And I really appreciate it.
            :hug:

She's having a temper tantrum. Hopefully, it's played itself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
              I'm sure you "appreciate" it. You went from victim to star of this story. I'm really wondering how true half of this. I'm betting we'll get an update tomorrow about how she came, pounded on the door, threatened your life, and the police hauled her to the looney bin. Just came with a straight jacket. Maybe you can right for soap operas. No really, the last time I saw a storyline this crazy was in a Tyler Perry movie and he's getting Oprah money now.

Comment

I'm sure you "appreciate" it. You went from victim to star of this story. I'm really wondering how true half of this. I'm betting we'll get an update tomorrow about how she came, pounded on the door, threatened your life, and the police hauled her to the looney bin. Just came with a straight jacket. Maybe you can right for soap operas. No really, the last time I saw a storyline this crazy was in a Tyler Perry movie and he's getting Oprah money now.
                Big Meanie!

Comment

That's the whole thing. A scene. Just lock the door, call the cops, and crank up music so the kids won't hear. I mean you guys are acting like the OP needs a bullet proof vest. If this lady is really a professional at a corporate job, she has passed a background check and I'm guessing she's not going to like go around throwing rocks at your windows or something worse. I'm pretty sure dcm isn't going to lose her job over this. I.e. do something to get arrested.
                  The point is that we, as daycare providers, need to protect the children from any and all adult situations. Period. It would not be appropriate for this mom to show up in the first place but sadly, it happens. A child should never have to witness this or be in that type of environment. Because of the DCM's actions, it is actually our job to prepare for any type of situation that would lead to someone showing up to cause a scene in which case we are told to call 911 because it is trespassing and our duty to prevent a possible arrogant action of a disgruntled former client. Which has happened, sadly. Passing a background check donesn't provide a basis for unruly behavior which would be expected with the fact that this mom has already harassed OP with incessant phone calls throughout the day. Tasha I would document this and let licensing know everything that has transpired since your formal termination.

Comment

Shame on you! This is a safe place for her to ask for advice and get some support. I don't know who you are but frankly, you have no idea what you are talking about. And if you were a concerned parent we would take that just as serious. You are terribly rude.

Comment

I think dcm found you online and it's time to move this to off topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by midaycare View Post
                        I think dcm found you online and it's time to move this to off topic.
                        I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

Can someone block unregistered? I'm getting a headache.

Comment

• Unregistered is in the Netherlands, at least this is where the IP address is coming from. I'm not sure how to block them but BC is the pro at that. Don't feed the trolls.

Sorry Tasha. Keep your chin up. Get a good night of rest.

Comment

People crack. Hence, wronged employees shooting the boss that fired them. It happens. Maybe you ought to watch the news sometime? Even my small town of 6K had a former resident(member of house of representatives for our state no less)hire someone to set fire to a building of his(for insurance and not the first time either!), then had a guy killed to shut the whole matter up. You never know what someone is capable of. I don't give a hoot what a background check says, it doesn't say it all. What a naive statement. Maybe nothing will ever come of this and I'm 99.9% sure nobody is saying anything to scare Tasha intentionally but to make sure she's prepared. DCM brought this all upon herself. Not another person to blame but herself.

Comment

I have had it happen... in fact my last termination was because I was threatened by the child's father (and yes it included threats of doing whatever it took to shut me down and get me kicked out of my home - inc calling CPS, the state & attorneys because I refused to refund a non refundable payment); He didn't sign the contract but mom did (they're not married); I have had to call 911 twice in 16 years, both times for being threatened by a man. I was an abused spouse too back in the mid 80's, so I get wanting to feel safe in your home - the safety of the babies is also a concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X