Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think from a parents perspective this is hard to grasp. Of course, us providers get it and fully agree with OP.

I guess unless you have walked a day in our life, it's hard to understand what we put up with and what we go through on a daily basis.

Tasha, you did what was best for you and your family, just like the DCM did what was best for hers.

I would continue to handle this along the lines of keeping saying we were not a good fit for each other and let everything else go. It was in the best interest of both parties.

Comment

• Here are all the ways in which she not only broke contract but treated you with disrespect:
      -showed up early without notice
      -picked up late, twice, without notice

Once a contract has been broken my professionalism is no longer at play. I remain professional in my demeanor but once a contract has been broken by the parent I no longer have to be "reasonable" or "fair". She was within her two week trial period so termination came immediately. That is the end of it.

Stop playing with the troll, they clearly have zero idea what the meaning of passive aggressive is. This isn't high school, it's business. If a guy starts a fight in a bar and gets thrown out should the bar wonder how he is going to get home that night? NOPE. It's called real world consequences.

Comment

• Sometimes compassion comes in the form of tough love!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
          She will complain about anything she thinks will cause you trouble even it if is all lies. Sadly she is that type of parent. Call your licensing agent first thing in the morning, tell them what happened, and to expect the call. Depending on the complaint they may still have to come out. But you sound like the type to keep your paperwork and such in line, so other than the hassle, no big deal.

ETA: Don't worry about unregistered, it is easy to spew a bunch of junk when you won't even register to own what you say. Obviously, this person is not a provider. Heck maybe it is even the mom you termed, or one just like her for all we know.
          The mom can legitimately complain about violating confidentiality. Unless Tasha is lying about that being the email being her email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            The mom can legitimately complain about violating confidentiality. Unless Tasha is lying about that being the email being her email.
            how, she didn't mention any one's name.

Comment

No names were mentioned. No complaint there. IF Tasha had put identifying info there, then yes but she didn't! It's all good!

Comment

sorry...bugs me when people come on here and just try to sir the POT....

Comment

:::::::::: That's funny.

Good job Tasha!! You don't deserve to be treated like that by any parent! Is she still calling?

Comment

The last line is my whole point. Should she keep this parent? No, but why not give them a week or at least a day to find new care? I think these terms are very unprofessional and really cruel when it's not something say illegal or threatening.
                    Some parents cannot handle a two week notice...it is not worth the begging/pleading. In this case, Tasha did exactly what she should have! Way to go Tasha! happyface

Comment

• Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
                      :::::::::: That's funny.

Good job Tasha!! You don't deserve to be treated like that by any parent! Is she still calling?
                      Yes, she's still calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
                        Are you afraid she might show up tomorrow? She seems a little crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tasha View Post
                          Her disrespect knows no bounds! Can you block her number?

Comment

• I think you need to prepare yourself for a plan in case she shows up tomorrow to talk.

Comment

• Text her that your business relationship is ended and that you expect no further contact now, or you will need to take further action. Then blick her number.

Give your licensing agency a brief run-down of the situation tomorrow.

Keep yiur doors locked except for clients and call 911 if she shows up at your door.

Comment

• *block her number

Comment

Working...
                                X