This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting Thread

I guess I can start this one since the Venting Thread Was Deleted!

It happens sometimes. I did it once on the Positive Thread and it was our biggest thread!

No problem. So let's start this one up again since there were lots of vent/ors in the past.

Oh boy!

Hmm let's see. Today I was hit 3 times and threatened with a rather large block. (To which I said "Don't You DARE!") All by the same child.

Where do these kids come from? :confused:

Thankfully my co-worker came to my rescue (she has been hit by same child as well).

I went home and had a banana split. If this kid keeps it up I'm going to be as big as a house!

Comment

Well, my day started out with the best intentions. I've been really motivated lately to do some major cleaning, sorting and ditching of un-needed or bothersome toys and stuff. It is only Wednesday and I am feeling really good about my progress.

Then somehow, my over zealousness got ahead of my brain....

But tomorrow is a new day and since I am an eternal optimist, it now looks as though child care providers do not really complain or vent that much.

Comment

My 8 yo is melting because he got hit by a wiffle ball.

I asked how bad it hurt. His response, "I don't know how bad it hurts." "Ok, should we call an ambulance?" "Noooooooooo." "Ok, you'll live, go play."

Comment

Paraphrase of a convo with a dcd last night...

Him: "We're working really, really hard on potty training her. Are you able to help at all with that?" [note: this has been ongoing since February and I do help, everyday, putting her on the potty, many times]
          Me: "Yes, I can, I have been--I put her on the potty everytime we have potty breaks which is pretty much every major transition, so a lot. I've also been starting to brainstorm some other ideas to help her here--"
          Him: "Well, we tried her in underwear at home yesterday and it didn't go so well."
          Me: "For sanitary reasons, I need to have her in something absorbant until she's doing well; you could try undies under the pull-up, or I have some cloth training pants I've been thinking of trying. I cloth diaper DS so it's no trouble."
          Him: "At home she gets jelly beans for peeing and a cookie for pooping in the potty!"
          Me: [resisting urge to slam my head into the nearby wall] "Oh! Ok, well bring me some of those and I can continue that here!"
          Him: "Okay, We'll do that."

Guess what didn't show up with dcg today...;;headdesk:: I think I'm going to buy my own this weekend, daggone it, and start a sticker chart with her. And the cloth pants too. Anything to get them off my back--she's only here three days a week and I'm starting to feel like I'm being blamed for her not being trained yet! She's the one with NO readiness signs AT ALL.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by MommyMuffin View Post
              My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.
              OMG, here too!! WOW, i just wanted to throw in the towel and it was only 9am!!! 2 of the kids were fighting all morning with each other, 13 month old is teething so he cried all morning. THEN to top it off, what i thought was a great lunch 1 out of 5 kids ate it!! UGHHHHH it was only those Wacky Noodles and spaghetti sauce... is that bad? LOL so the rest just ate pears and their veggies... oh well!!!
              Now that they are all down for a nap, i hope the afternoon gets better.
              I"m also prego and i'm really trying not to stress... Ummm yeah right!!! LOL

Comment

The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!

Comment

I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by momma2girls View Post
                    The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!
                    Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake.

Comment

20 min after drop-off and dcb is still having a tantrum on the floor. I'm doing my best to ignore it, and hopefully this isn't an indicator of how the rest of my day will go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake.
                        no, it was the other one, I know the positive one was started by after school mom and it is still on there

Comment

Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....

Comment

Ugh. So, no one will sleep today so we have kids screaming all over the place. NO ONE HAS SLEPT!!! I am so ready for this day to be over!!! I don't think daycares should be open on Mondays! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by KBCsMommy View Post
                              Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....
                              That's why we loaded up and went to Disneyland.

Comment

Working...
                              X