This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep you sick kids home!

Keep your freaking sick kids home PERIOD! You said it was allergies and now you say he has a virus thanks now half the day care has this nasty cough and snotty noses and are on steroids thanks to you. If I get sick you'll be paying my doctor bill!

Comment

• Dcd you are not married to me we don't have a lifetime commitment so if you're not happy with the service I provide or the policies in our contract, you know the same one you've been signing every year for the last six years, then by all means take your business elsewhere! And because I "like" you so much I am more than willing give you back next weeks payment if it means I don't have to deal with you again! Thanks I needed to vent!

Comment

• Someone stick a fork in me; I am done.

Comment

• Upset with myself

I caught myself being rude to parents today because..... well they are idiots.

I can usually hide my frustration from parents but today I'm done. I have 18 teachers asking dumb questions or not handling problems for themselves which is draining to deal with already but come on....

Parent arrives at 9:30 and asks if the field trip that was scheduled to leave at 9:00 had waited for her. I asked if she had signed up for the field trip and she said no and then got upset that I said her daughter couldn't go on the field trip that had already left.

Another parent asks me what part times hours are... while I am talking to a potential family and giving a tour. She breaks into my tour to ask me. I ask her if she is thinking of switching to part time she said no, she just wanted to know.

Another parent comes to my office wanting me to add up her co-pays for her. Every week she asks me and every week I tell her it is $1.10 a week per child. She has two children! She wants to know how much for two weeks. I tell her $4.40 she then walks into my office reaches over me for a post it to write it down and then tells me she will pay me on Friday.

And I was rude to every single one of them. And I am not all that sorry. Just a vent.

Comment

• If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded lot with a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
              If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded not w swingsith a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
              3 swings, not 32.... but still

Comment

If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded lot with a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
                I feel your pain! The last couple of days the kids are constantly trying to sneak back into the house! And I think of couple of them are *lying* about having to use the bathroom just to come in!!!

Of course the first question out of the mouths each morning is "when can we go outside!"

Comment

If one more kid asks to go inside because They are bored, i am going to lose it. If you cant find something to do between the climbing structures, playhouse, rock wall, monkey bars, 32 swings, 2 slides, 2 crows nests, and a 1/2 acre wooded lot with a million natural playthings, there is no hope for you. Vent over.
                  OMG, I feel your pain!!
                  Summer vacation has just started so I put up the pool, bought tons of outdoor toys from the Dollar store and my daughter STILL rather sit in front of Netflix after 10 min outside. I refuse to spend the summer this way! ARGH!

Comment

• Wednesday night I had a parent text me to ask if dcb could come early the next day. I had a training that night and didn't text back, plus I was annoyed, this dcp has been saying/asking things a lot lately. So she texts me again and I finally answer her saying it was fine.

Well fast forward to the next day, dcm drops off and says "oh I was so afraid that you wouldn't see my text.....I was wondering if I was just going to have to drop him off early without you knowing".

What? Really?
                    For one, I don't get up and into the shower until the time you would drop off and if I didn't know you were coming early, I would not have heard you or answered the door....but dh may have and that wouldn't be pretty..

Comment

• Had a parent who fell into the habit of taking my weekly schedule form, taking a picture of it and texting me their schedule.

They can text me changes but I require a written hard copy to be submitted BY 5PM on Fridays.

Last week AND now today, she has had to make a special trip here (she is off most Fridays) to give me her written schedule.

.....only to text me an hour or so later asking if I will now take a picture of the schedule and text it back to her...

Comment

• I never know who is going to show up at what time in the morning - I open at 8:30, my 2 families arrive anytime between 8:30 & 10:45. Today, they both arrived at 8:45, neither baby had had a bottle yet this morning, both screaming hungry, both dads say "Yeah, she/he might be hungry"...so I have to make bottles for both while they're screaming, and 2yo dkb drops his sippy cup of milk from home on the floor and the lid comes off while I'm in the middle of making the bottles - gotta clean that up before it soaks into the carpet - babies have to wait longer for their bottles. Oh, and both dads also report that babies have runny noses (probably teething, they say) - now one dkb has temp of 99.5. OMG it's only 9:30 on Monday, how am I gonna get through this week???
                        Daycare Provider for 11 years
                        Mommy to 2 boys - 21 & 18 years old
                        Daycare Mommy to 3

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieG View Post
                          I never know who is going to show up at what time in the morning - I open at 8:30, my 2 families arrive anytime between 8:30 & 10:45. Today, they both arrived at 8:45, neither baby had had a bottle yet this morning, both screaming hungry, both dads say "Yeah, she/he might be hungry"...so I have to make bottles for both while they're screaming, and 2yo dkb drops his sippy cup of milk from home on the floor and the lid comes off while I'm in the middle of making the bottles - gotta clean that up before it soaks into the carpet - babies have to wait longer for their bottles. Oh, and both dads also report that babies have runny noses (probably teething, they say) - now one dkb has temp of 99.5. OMG it's only 9:30 on Monday, how am I gonna get through this week???
                          Require scheduled drop offs and that ALL children be fed before arrival.

NOT fair of parents to not feed their child before drop off when they drop off all willy-nilly every morning.

Sorry you are dealing with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            Require scheduled drop offs and that ALL children be fed before arrival.

NOT fair of parents to not feed their child before drop off when they drop off all willy-nilly every morning.

Sorry you are dealing with that.
                            I am thinking of giving them a note this evening to that effect:

"In order to avoid a scenario like we had this morning, I must put a new policy in place. Effective immediately, all children must be fed prior to drop-off in the morning."

In the 11 years that I've been in business, I've never really dealt with anything like this. I mean, most people have to be at work at a certain time everyday. But these two families seem to have such flexible work schedules - it's almost like they just come and go whenever they please! And I don't mind the irregular schedule so much - I just work on other things around my house until they get here. But come on, FEED YOUR BABY!!! When they tell me that the baby is hungry at drop-off, I feel like asking "Have YOU had breakfast?"
                            Daycare Provider for 11 years
                            Mommy to 2 boys - 21 & 18 years old
                            Daycare Mommy to 3

Comment

• I am so tired of setting the kids up in one spot and constantly being asked if they can do something else.

For instance we just get outside on the playground to play and it's "can we have the bikes?" or "can we have hoola hoops" or "can we do bubbles" They refuse to be content with what they *can* do and are constantly whining about what they can't...

(and yes, we do all of those things. but I have many, legitimate reasons for why we are doing what we are doing when we are doing it. Hope that's clear:: )

Comment

• How about the toy that no one plays with for a solid week or longer.. and then as soon as one child picks it up, everyone else has to play with it too?
                                Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

Working...
                                X