Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't wear shoes in my house. One DCB his family was wood floors so they let him wear his shoes. I have white carpets. I didn't mind when he was little and not walking, but but now the shoes are walked around outside in them. For awhile she was bringing slippers for him to wear. Today he cried when she took his off. I was telling her he'd be fine with it once she left. She clapped them off and put them back on him. I scooped him up emmedatly before he ran across the carpet. Told her good bye and took off his shoes. Going to wash carpets tonight and in morning tell her that shoes have to be OFF carpets just washed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
      We do but I've never had to enforce it. All gov't buildings are scent free and alot of businesses. It's not mandatory for regular businesses though. More of a courtesy at this point since so many other places are scent free.

My DC families are well aware of my allergies at the interview stage so this is the first DCK induced allergy attack I've had. Good times. I don't allow scented wipes, lotions, diapers or other products in my home because they make me miserable. This family has been here for 3 years and just had a brain fart I guess.

Dad apologized again today. When he picked up his kids the other night, another family was here and as soon as they saw me Mom exclaimed," OMG! You are so sick! Why didn't you call us to come get DCB?" I told them it was allergies and that I was 25 minutes from drugging myself into a happy benadryl stupor so all was well in my world. Lavender dad hung around until they left to apologize several times.

He won't be bringing anything stinky ever again. :: I will add it to my PHB for the next contract renewal though.
      I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I found out this morning that a fuel tanker carrying around 9000 gallons of gasoline crashed on an interstate VERY close to me. Two MAJOR highways are closed right here by me. Traffic is effed. 141,000 cars usually go through this area EACH DAY. School busses are delayed; dozens were STILL out on the roads this morning at 10:47!! Everyone is using the surface roads. I was following this out of curiosity and because I go past that spot frequently, and then I realized that both my dcps have to get INTO this area to pick up !

I kind of expect them to be very, very, very late today.

The city is saying that the roads might not be open until tomorrow (Wednesday) night!

Oh, I should add--3000 gallons of fuel spilled out of a 3-inch hole.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Praying for you.....IF....

Originally posted by Sunshine44 View Post
          I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.
          I'll pray for you if you pray for me (MARSTELAC here...cannot find my password at the moment). Please don't be depressed. Somedays are really overwhelming but just get on here and vent away. Hugs to you....

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
            I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.

Vanilla....shudder. That one gets me too. High school was brutal because it was all the rage at the time so every girl in school skinny dipped in vanilla extract every morning just to torture me. :: I was the girl with a box of kleenex in her backpack. Tres cool.

Comment

I am a bit burnt out with "Diaper Thongs" requiring me to do multiple wardrobe changes, treat "Chronic Monday Diaper Rash" and do more loads of laundry a day.

I understand you get more diapers for the money in the smaller sizes BUT at what point is ENOUGH ENOUGH????

Yep, that feels better.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I know that you can't be cranky for potty accidents but how about diaper deception? I'm only kinda not serious.

I changed DCG who is potty training and asked her if she needed to go sit and poop because she had told me she pooped. "No poops right now!" So no poop but a fresh diaper, washed hands, sit down to lunch and 30 seconds later, "I did my poop here. Change me now." Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was set up for a fresh pooping diaper.

Comment

Stayed up way too late last night, woke up this morning with a migraine.

Boy #1 is in a mood, wouldn't go to preschool this morning, having a fixated morning. Boy #2 is being toy possessive, everything is mine. Boy #3 dumped water in the backyard for #1 and #2 to get into.

#1 and #2 ended up in their crying chairs for fighting. #3 is on the sofa watching Sprout as punishment.

Today is going to be a loooooooong day.

Comment

Since i turned 30 on Sept 18th, we have had to replace our broken dryer, buy a new washer along with a new dryer, fix a broken dishwasher, got out car rammed into by someone who didnt wanted to stray from their lane rather than stay in it! And of all things after coming home from the insurance place with an estimate got pulled over for speeding 10 over in a school zone. So far its been a bad 30! OY
                    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                    Acts 13:22

Comment

No, no, no, no, NO!

It's 45 minutes before nap is over you stinkers! It's a dark, rainy day.

WHY ARE YOU UP AND SHOUTING IN THE NAPROOM!?!

Plus, your attempts to see how loud you can be have just woken the overly exhausted teething baby in my arms. Now I mad. Now yummy homemade cookies or muffins for YOU today I guess.

Update: all it took was a stink-eye and a low-voiced lecture about being quiet and they quieted right down and I think went back to sleep. If they had woken up and quietly left the naproom I wouldn't care. It was the impromptu shouting contest that made my blood boil.
                      Last edited by SilverSabre25; 10-12-2011, 11:53 AM.
                      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Oooh! I love when stink eye works. Lucky break. I hate the loudness too. I have one early waker but she tip toes around when she gets up so she can play quietly. If I hear any noise from her it's back to lie down with everyone else.

Comment

Uggggg

Staff member quits via text yesterday, she told her co-teacher she wanted to get fired to collect unemployment. found out that there was a dinner last night and one of the staff members decided she was going to use all her vacation time before she quits without notice nice.. I smell mutiny! Well, I guess I need to just replace her then and let her go before vacation hugh?

GRRRRRR... people out of work, trying to make ends meet, you have some great staff that suffer when one of these slackers decide to do this!

Comment

No i will not cut you a break on diapers just because you are family.... im way to nice for my own good
                            "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"

Comment

sigh
                              its been such a hard few weeks lately and i havent even gotten the daycare started yet. Im worried and stressed and it affects everything else

Comment

revising my contract after 2 years

I am struck by the absurdity that I actually have to enforce the need to send your child in shoes and pants.

sigh.

i have ten children this week. 2 of which are extremely energetic school agers on break from school (siblings). The 7 year old poops his pants. His parents sent him in a diaper yesterday.

the (no pants/shoes) toddler is sleepy and aggressive..just walk around smacking and biting unless I am right on top of him. Poor little guy.

It's raining outside and we are stuck in the house. I tried marching them around the room and doing some organized movement and it seemed to calm them down for about five minutes. They are climbing the walls.

I've been ill and fighting a cold for over a week. My head is full of snot and I am just drained.

Ok.....back to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X