Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6 and still no sight of the sun.....

The constant drizzle, fog and generalized gloom needs to back off a bit...
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I am a registered member but have logged out.

I have been writing theis post in head for some time, but I think it might be a better Vent and make more sence in list form:

Background: I work in a house dedicated to childcare. I own this home with my partner. We have been in business for almost 10 years.

-for the last 6 years I have worked 1/3 more than my partner, we split the money 50/50
      -for the last 5 years I have worked twice as much as my parnter, still $50/50
      -for the last year I have worked at least 3/4 more hours than her, still $ 50/50
      - for last month I have worked 100% alone, still $ 50/50
      --she had a 'personal issue' and has been unable to 'handle the stress of daycare AND her emotions....whatever I am not heartless....get yourself put back together so you can be 100% when you come back.

-she is NOT using her time off as intended and refuses to communicate with me about the business.

- we purchased the daycare home less than a year ago (after renting for years) I found out last week the nearly 50,000 in rent credit we though we got was taken off of an inflated price...so really we bought it for market value in five years it will HAVE to have new windows and in 10 a new roof...we will not have the money for these things now that we don't have 50k in equity.

-I do ALL of the daycare house work (in and out) ALL of the house work (in and out) at my own home, and ALL of the house work (in only) at my boyfriend house
      *this is something that I could take off my plate, but I want this to be the way our life together is and I am not will to sacrifice. When I get tired of cleaning 8 bathrooms and doing endless dishes (no dish washers and a three sink method @daycare) it is my personal home that suffers and get behind.

-I work open to close with no days off, and I have to rely on friends to take bank deposites bc I am working ALL hours they are open.

-I am currently over 2,000 behind on payroll bc my partner needed the money and for a week never came in to take a deposit in, I am currenly living off of my savings untill I can catch up.

-I have three REALLY terrible boys that et on my every last nerve and I find hard to handle, plus I am losing controll of all of teh kids bc I have to spend so much time focused on non-childrelated tasks, or one on one care (diapers, baby bottles) that they know I am distracted and are takign serious advatage of my weaknesses.

-I was running over capasity, but thankfully saw the worst comming and have made my numbers with in reg again. 8 all day EVERYday. I know it isnt fair to care when the parents bring kids when they are home, but I so despretly need a break and the only chance I have for one is if little naughty Jonnhy stays home for a day and it is just a little lighter load that day.

-I want out. I am finished. My partner refuses to sell, or talk to me about any type of solution that will get me out by my set date (three months away)

-In little talk about quiting she refuses to treat me as a partner -
      ----all IRS forms as filed as a partnership, both names on checking, and I am considered lead provider on state liscence, not to mention my time and effort.

- For years if anything didn't go her way she yelled stormed out and threatened to quit. I was scared I had no other way to make a living. I went back to school and now have a way to provide for myself out side of daycare, now that I want to leave she says she can't afored to quit this is her only option and if I leaves she will never have a chance...I realize now she never would have quit back then she was was lying....to keep me scared and her in controll.

My partner is my MOTHER

Comment

Originally posted by logged out. View Post
        I am a registered member but have logged out.

I have been writing theis post in head for some time, but I think it might be a better Vent and make more sence in list form:

Background: I work in a house dedicated to childcare. I own this home with my partner. We have been in business for almost 10 years.

-for the last 6 years I have worked 1/3 more than my partner, we split the money 50/50
        -for the last 5 years I have worked twice as much as my parnter, still $50/50
        -for the last year I have worked at least 3/4 more hours than her, still $ 50/50
        - for last month I have worked 100% alone, still $ 50/50
        --she had a 'personal issue' and has been unable to 'handle the stress of daycare AND her emotions....whatever I am not heartless....get yourself put back together so you can be 100% when you come back.

-she is NOT using her time off as intended and refuses to communicate with me about the business.

- we purchased the daycare home less than a year ago (after renting for years) I found out last week the nearly 50,000 in rent credit we though we got was taken off of an inflated price...so really we bought it for market value in five years it will HAVE to have new windows and in 10 a new roof...we will not have the money for these things now that we don't have 50k in equity.

-I do ALL of the daycare house work (in and out) ALL of the house work (in and out) at my own home, and ALL of the house work (in only) at my boyfriend house
        *this is something that I could take off my plate, but I want this to be the way our life together is and I am not will to sacrifice. When I get tired of cleaning 8 bathrooms and doing endless dishes (no dish washers and a three sink method @daycare) it is my personal home that suffers and get behind.

-I work open to close with no days off, and I have to rely on friends to take bank deposites bc I am working ALL hours they are open.

-I am currently over 2,000 behind on payroll bc my partner needed the money and for a week never came in to take a deposit in, I am currenly living off of my savings untill I can catch up.

-I have three REALLY terrible boys that et on my every last nerve and I find hard to handle, plus I am losing controll of all of teh kids bc I have to spend so much time focused on non-childrelated tasks, or one on one care (diapers, baby bottles) that they know I am distracted and are takign serious advatage of my weaknesses.

-I was running over capasity, but thankfully saw the worst comming and have made my numbers with in reg again. 8 all day EVERYday. I know it isnt fair to care when the parents bring kids when they are home, but I so despretly need a break and the only chance I have for one is if little naughty Jonnhy stays home for a day and it is just a little lighter load that day.

-I want out. I am finished. My partner refuses to sell, or talk to me about any type of solution that will get me out by my set date (three months away)

-In little talk about quiting she refuses to treat me as a partner -
        ----all IRS forms as filed as a partnership, both names on checking, and I am considered lead provider on state liscence, not to mention my time and effort.

- For years if anything didn't go her way she yelled stormed out and threatened to quit. I was scared I had no other way to make a living. I went back to school and now have a way to provide for myself out side of daycare, now that I want to leave she says she can't afored to quit this is her only option and if I leaves she will never have a chance...I realize now she never would have quit back then she was was lying....to keep me scared and her in controll.

My partner is my MOTHER
        I get that she is your mother, and we all love our mother, BUT we didnt get to pick our mothers. There is only so much you can take.

Your mother sounds very selfish and it sounds like she doesnt care about your happiness. You only get one life!!! Get out, do what you want and hopefully someday she would understand. You dont want to waste your life being leashed by your mother. Move on and she will have to too. Good for you for going to school!! Congrats! And good luck

Comment

Vent begins now: Tired of the uphill bolder rolling i have been doing for the last four weeks! Feels like onething after another!
          Vent ends
          "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
          Acts 13:22

Comment

The 2 8 yos decided to run through the mud and track it all over the patio I spent 45 mins power washing last night.

Comment

Just called the grandma to pick up one of the 8 yos, tummy bug. I was planning on taking the kids to the pumpking patch when he got home from school today.

I sprayed down my whole house with alcohol. I didn't have a bleach solution made so I grabbed the alcohol.

Comment

Oofda...

I am having one of those days, I am new to the whole daycare thing. I love kids which is why I decided to do this after my second son was born. I am having an issue however because I have my own three month old plus another 3 month old (they are only 1 day apart) that I am watching...the other baby wants to be held ALL THE TIME but I just don't have time to hold him that much plus I don't think it's really fair to my little guy since I don't hold him as much....what should I do!?

Comment

I have a 7 month old daughter (she was 3months old when we opened) and we have my 3 month old nephew here. He cries all the time too! His mom doesn't want us to hold him too much because we will "spoil him." But on the flip side, babies need to be held and nurtured too. My daughter has been an angle (not to brag ) and only cries if she's really hungry or really tired. Luckily I have an assistant who can take care of him or else I don't know what I'd do! It's still hard because we have a total of 12 kids and she can't just tend to him all day long, but it definitely helps!

Comment

Yeah. I'm hoping that this doesn't burn me out because it's just me. He's a sweet little boy when he's happy but I just don't have enough arms to hold both.

Comment

Yah! I Know!

If this child tells me this one more time, I just might smack him. All right not really I would never smack a kid. However, seriously do not tell me Yah, I know, when your behavior and actions clearly show you do not know.

It is getting better because I started saying since you know then I will not have to remind you ever again I will just discipline you for not behaving correctly. To which he usually says yah I know. At least the behaviors are stopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina72684 View Post
                        I have a 7 month old daughter (she was 3months old when we opened) and we have my 3 month old nephew here. He cries all the time too! His mom doesn't want us to hold him too much because we will "spoil him." But on the flip side, babies need to be held and nurtured too. My daughter has been an angle (not to brag ) and only cries if she's really hungry or really tired. Luckily I have an assistant who can take care of him or else I don't know what I'd do! It's still hard because we have a total of 12 kids and she can't just tend to him all day long, but it definitely helps!
                        You let her know that any good child development professional will tell you that there is NO WAY to spoil an infant that small. The last thing you need is for that baby to develop a complex or trust issues because the baby wants some snuggle time .

Comment

Is it Friday yet? Last week was a great week, so I should've known this week would be edgy.

DCB 15mon won't sleep and has been screaming for the last 2 days (hopefully just catching a cold or teething or something short lived).

DCB-A goes into to use bathroom before rest time. Comes out goes to his cot. DCB-B goes in bathroom, comes out and goes "I'm not going to use the bathroom." I replied that we all use the bathroom before rest. He asked if he could use the other one (no-MINE!). I walk in there and there is poop all over the toilet and toilet paper holder! WTH! I asked DCB-A (who's 5 btw) if there was anything he needed to tell me. Nope. I walk him to the bathroom and repeat the question. Still, nope. Really???? Can you not see that???

Comment

I'm exhausted this week. I can't seem to sleep much at night. I was up with DD for an hour at 3 AM after she had a nightmare and needed me to stay with her (she has a full size bed and I could have gone back to sleep except she kept wiggling and talking).

My cat is puking all over the place this morning, making for obnoxious clean-up chores. She's either mad and growling, or she's feeling miserable and moaning. Can't tell which. I don't even know if sick cats would make a moaning sound but that's sure what it sounds like.

I have a birthday party to prepare for on Sunday, which means cooking, cleaning, and baking a cake...which don't get me wrong I LOVE cake decorating...but it's time consuming and I'm a perfectionist and the kids in my family (including DD!) don't choose simple cakes very often.

It's been raining for two days and the kids are getting antsy, despite me having a bunch of gross-motor stuff available.

I have one little boy who thinks he's Lightning McQueen and for some reason this is involving hitting people with cars. My other dcb will be here soon and the two boys bounce energy off each other and make my head go kerplooey.

Someone's coming to see about the water in the naproom...and with a full-house of kids that will be interesting to say the least.

And did I mention that I'm exhausted?
                            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

How come parents find it so hard to discipline???? One of my little boys......He will be three in December.
                              Repeatedly runs into the street at pickup time. YES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! I did finally get really mad one day and kind of yelled at the Grandma. I told her she needed to have better control over him. I also went on to give her details how my ex boss lost her 2 and a half your old son! It didn't sink in.
                              Decides to beat up the other children at pick up times
                              Comes to my house with a binky in his mouth when the mom told me months ago that we were all done using them!!!!!
                              I am trying to remain positive but seriously this boy does not act like that when his family isn't around! He has tried in the begining and found out that Miss Karen doesn't play!

Comment

We went to a county park today that has tons of fun stuff for Halloween. We went on a hayride, train ride, and walked through the little zoo. I gave the kids the choice of going through the pumpkin patch in 15 mins or going back next week and having time for the games and mazes. The oldest one thought for a few secs and realized which was a better deal.

After we got home, they were in the back yard playing and I could see the 4 yo playing in the sand box, but could hear some pounding. The oldest one was beating everything in the backyard with a plastic baseball bat.

I spend my time, my gas, trying to do something nice for this kid and he tries to thank me by breaking a toy and trashing my backyard.

I told him that if that's how he says "thank you", we're not going back next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X