So Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
    Jessica Tata, 22, is listed as the operator of the day care facility, Jackie’s Child Care, at 2810 Crest Park Lane. A state child care licensing official was on the scene speaking with Tata.

I haven't had a chance to read Texas licensing regs but I know one thing or sure. Under NO circumstances should a 22 year old be allowed to have that many children under her roof by herself.

It's just NOT old enough to have that much responsibility. Child care workers need TIME and maturity along with training and experience before they should be allowed to have THAT many kids by themselves.... especially kids three and under.

You need enough time on the planet to know in your heart that you would give your own life to save the life of any kid in your care.
    Age has nothing to do with it. Most 22 year olds have graduated college and can be public school teachers, childcare providers, owners of childcare homes or centers, preschool teachers, etc. They can have just as much maturity as an older caregiver, considering that some people, no matter how old, have no common sense whatsoever. Older caregivers may have more years on them, but that doesn't mean they'd always do the right thing at the right time.
    I'm 23 and fully capable of caring for children. I have a lot of experience, maturity, common sense, training, etc. Check your licensing rules and regulations; a 22 yr old has just as much legal rights as anyone else to operate a home daycare. Don't condemn someone just because they are younger than you. Someone your age could just as easily be negilent if that is, in fact, the case here. By the way, I also have enough sense to know I personally could not properly care for 7-9 children age 3 and under. However, I could easily care for that many children aged 3-5 years. No one, regardless of age, should be trying to care for 7-9 children age 3 & under alone. That is one of the issues, not the age of the caregiver. SOME 22 year olds should not be operating a daycare or caring for children, but that is SOME, not ALL. SOME older caregivers should not be operating a daycare... it all boils down to the individual and their abilities. Not age.

Comment

My DH's 1st thought was that she left them home alone and while she was gone, something bad happened. Then she started a fire to cover it up. I wonder if they are going to do autopsies?

I don't know what I think, but I hope that they can figure it out.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by My Daycare View Post
        My DH's 1st thought was that she left them home alone and while she was gone, something bad happened. Then she started a fire to cover it up. I wonder if they are going to do autopsies?

yikes
        I didn't think about that.
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I searched for their report. Another sad thing to add to this: they were written up because of no fire extinguisher

Comment

This video broke my heart. I can not even begin to imagine what the families are going through.

Comment

Something is just not right! I do not know what it is! But in my heart there is so much more to this story. I am still waiting for ALL the details!

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these babies.

Comment

i just wonder what possessed 7 families (or however many families there were) to leave their children at a home daycare ran by a 22 year old who doesn't appear to be a mother, but i could be wrong about that.

i WISH i could've found someone i trusted to send my children to a home daycare, but i just wasn't comfortable leaving them with ONE person who i didn't know - ALONE. i think home daycare is better than center care IF you can trust the provider, but i chose a center because i just couldn't trust a stranger being alone with my children, and the center i chose had wide open classrooms - no doors. point being - i can't believe so many people put their faith in this young woman, and i wonder if she had really low lates because i see no other reason a mother would do that.

interesting theory that something bad happened and she started a fire to cover it up - totally disgusting and possible.

the grandmother in the video was right - she should've thrown them out the window at least. i agree, nannyde, she should've had some rips/tears/smoke or SOME sign that she'd tried like HELL to get those kids out of the fire. i'd hide my face too if i were her.

Comment

HOUSTON – A woman who ran a Houston home day care center where a fire killed four children last week will face a charge that carries up to a decade in prison, prosecutors announced Sunday.

Jessica Tata, 22, will be charged with reckless injury to a child involving serious bodily injury, said Harris County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Donna Hawkins. The charge was being filed Sunday night, Hawkins said.

Comment

Well, now we know nobody else worked there and they now have enough evidence to charge her....getting that court order was work, you know.

The media blackout should be here in 5....4.....3....2.....

I hope those parents get their answers so they can greive.... She should at least give them that.
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• so many posts i didn't read them all, but did anyone else hear the one mom say it was her daughter's 2nd day of daycare????!!!!!!!!

OH MY.......

Comment

• Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                        so many posts i didn't read them all, but did anyone else hear the one mom say it was her daughter's 2nd day of daycare????!!!!!!!!

OH MY.......
                        i noticed that and i was thinking HOW AWFUL that would be. it's horrible for everyone involved, but for it to be their 2nd day and have that happen will torture that poor mother forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                          so many posts i didn't read them all, but did anyone else hear the one mom say it was her daughter's 2nd day of daycare????!!!!!!!!

OH MY.......
                          I know. There was a tragedy a while back of a lady who had her one year old die the very first day of day care.

Ugh

I'm anxious to see what is on the grocery receipt. What was worth going to the store for and leaving seven babies alone?

I'm going to place one guess. I bet there were tampons or feminine products in her bags.

Comment

• Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            I know. There was a tragedy a while back of a lady who had her one year old die the very first day of day care.

Ugh

I'm anxious to see what is on the grocery receipt. What was worth going to the store for and leaving seven babies alone?

I'm going to place one guess. I bet there were tampons or feminine products in her bags.
                            i dunno - i think i'd use the ole' TP trick before taking her chosen route - but i'm crazy like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Daycare View Post

My first thought too, but didn't want to say it.

Hopefully not the case....

Something is not adding up, that's all there is to it.

I almost logged out but decided against it.

I am 26 this year. I really get angry at the posts others have put up here about age being non negotiable in terms of the maturity, etc.

While I do agree that many people my age are not mature enough, not experienced enough, I dislike that it has been stated that ALL are not. I pride myself in my childcare. I pride myself in my maturity. I've had mothers 10 yrs older than me state that they NEVER would have guess I was so much younger than them.
                              I am also mature enough as the poster who logged out to post stated, to know that I cannot even if I was allowed to take care of that many children. I ,know that 2 toddlers is enough to keep me on my toes for the day. The amount of care they require is much to great for one person to provide for more than 2. Not saying NO ONE could do it, but I have no desire to have more kids than 2 under 2 and 2 over 2. No thanks. I don't even want to get licensed because the 8 kids would be tempting for income, but I NEVER want to watch 8 kids on my own. NO WAY!
                              I also know whole heartedly (SP?) that I would give my life in an instant for any child. Whether in my care, or someone on the street. I would NEVER hesitate.

I'm sorry, but I want to say, that I am fuming right now because I have been lumped into a group of irresponsible, immature, unreliable, and whatever else caregivers.

Comment

• there is a huge difference between 26 and 22...I personally wouldn't want a 22 year old watching my children, because I remember how i was at 22. Maybe others truly do mature past their years but I truly think that age is definately more than just a number when it comes to entrusting someone with young children. I'm sorry if that offends anyone here...but I doubt there are any 22 year old caregivers on this site

Comment

Working...
                                X