So Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEG123 View Post
    This just keeps getting worse and worse.
    It certainly seems that way. I just read some of the readers' comments and it appears that a person with the same name as this provider set fire to a Houston area high school back in December of 2002 because she didn't want to take an exam. Doing the math, she would have been about 16 and certainly still in high school. Since that doesn't sound like a common name, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that it's her. Not really much info on it since she was a juvenile at the time.

A couple of pp's mentioned that the daycare fire may have been deliberately set in order to cover up something else far worse. Not such a far-fetched idea and I agree that autopsies are definitely in order.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
      oh lord...this is getting worse and worse! In the beginning i was trying very hard to give her the benefit of the doubt, that it was just a tragic accident, something.

But now...leaving them was bad enough, leaving OIL on the stove was HORRIBLE, and now she's fled the country?!?
      The US does have an extradition treaty with Nigeria, now if we can just get them to enforce it and not just allow her to disappear.

Comment

• Originally posted by squareone View Post
        It certainly seems that way. I just read some of the readers' comments and it appears that a person with the same name as this provider set fire to a Houston area high school back in December of 2002 because she didn't want to take an exam. Doing the math, she would have been about 16 and certainly still in high school. Since that doesn't sound like a common name, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that it's her. Not really much info on it since she was a juvenile at the time.

A couple of pp's mentioned that the daycare fire may have been deliberately set in order to cover up something else far worse. Not such a far-fetched idea and I agree that autopsies are definitely in order.
        Umm.....if she was the one that set that fire...that's umm...they licensed her?!?

I have also been wondering if something bad happened that morning, or something she THOUGHT would look bad, so she set the fire to try and cover it up...but I can't even imagine what would make her think that was a good idea. I certainly can't think of any other reason though that she would think it was a good idea to leave a pot of oil on the stove when she wasn't going to be home (not to mention leaving the kiddos at home alone...)
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Umm.....if she was the one that set that fire...that's umm...they licensed her?!?
          Juvi crime histories disappear....

You do not want me on that soapbox....
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherder View Post
            Juvi crime histories disappear....

You do not want me on that soapbox....
            Sure I do

Comment

she would have been 13 at the time of fire if it was in 2002. granted when I was that age I was in 7th grade and in the high school.

Comment

• where did you find that news about her setting fire to a HS? I wanted to read the article and tried to find it but could not..

Comment

• Well, we now know where her brother is, suddenly, again.

He wont talk about her where abouts but is opening a benefit fund.

There is murmoring that her facebook account is still open and active as well... That she is actually updating it.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinkbunny85 View Post
                      she would have been 13 at the time of fire if it was in 2002. granted when I was that age I was in 7th grade and in the high school.

Oops, thanks pinkbunny85 you're right. I must have been using that "new math"

Comment

Oops, thanks pinkbunny85 you're right. I must have been using that "new math"
                        when I read your post I was using that "new math" too. didn't take into account if she was 16 i'd only be 3 years older not 8.

Comment

certainly can't think of any other reason though that she would think it was a good idea to leave a pot of oil on the stove when she wasn't going to be home (not to mention leaving the kiddos at home alone...)
                          when I moved out with dh when pregnant with dd, mil handed us her deepfryer and said "PROMISE me you will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER put oil on the stove". And we sat through many 5 min "discussions" several times each year for the last 8 years regarding how unsafe it is.

She used to work for housing, and dealt with many cases of people using oil in a pot and falling asleep, walking away, etc. And had to deal with deaths of children, teens, and adults because of it. She knows first hand how fast an oil fire spreads, and how hard it can be to put it out.

I wonder if this was actually an accident, if her 10-20 mins before calling for help was trying to put this fire out, and not realizing she was doing more harm? Grease fires do not get put out the same way that any other fires do. Also....the smoking point for oil, everytime you use it, gets higher and higher. So maybe it was older oil too, and it reached such a HIGH temp thats why it was so difficult to see through the smoke etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                            when I moved out with dh when pregnant with dd, mil handed us her deepfryer and said "PROMISE me you will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER put oil on the stove". And we sat through many 5 min "discussions" several times each year for the last 8 years regarding how unsafe it is.

She used to work for housing, and dealt with many cases of people using oil in a pot and falling asleep, walking away, etc. And had to deal with deaths of children, teens, and adults because of it. She knows first hand how fast an oil fire spreads, and how hard it can be to put it out.

I wonder if this was actually an accident, if her 10-20 mins before calling for help was trying to put this fire out, and not realizing she was doing more harm? Grease fires do not get put out the same way that any other fires do. Also....the smoking point for oil, everytime you use it, gets higher and higher. So maybe it was older oil too, and it reached such a HIGH temp thats why it was so difficult to see through the smoke etc.
                            My only experience with fire in my house was an oil fire. I tried to make chicken nuggets using the wrong kind of oil and was standing *right there* (well, a few feet away) when the flames whooshed up. It was mere seconds between everything being fine and the kitchen being so full of smoke that it was hard to see. The flames were up to the stove vent hood. I screamed to DH to call 911 as I grabbed DD. I knew that it was a grease fire and that I didn't have the right stuff to put it out and that it could spread really fast. We were LUCKY--the fire burned itself out pretty quickly but the house was totally full of smoke. The fire department got there really quickly and everything was fine....but I know that was mostly divine protection keeping us safe that night because it could have gone much, MUCH worse. There was only about an inch of oil in the pan. Much more, and I think the flames would have been bigger.
                            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

• Well I'd like to say I hope this woman rots...

Sorry anyone willing to put a childs life at risk so stupidy, and in fact take children's lives, deserves to suffer. I don't believe the chair is justice. She will get off too easily if it was the chair (someone mentioned it above).

She needs to rot in a jail. Plenty of time to think it over and over in her mind. How it could have been so different if only she wasn't such a friggin moron.

Comment

• I just don't understand how she could only be charged with one count of serious bodily injury to a child. FOUR children DIED, and 3 others will have burns and scars that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives!! Why isn't she charged with murder, or at the very least involuntary manslaughter??

And the fact she fled to Nigeria makes it that much worse. I'll be praying every day that they are able to find her and bring her back to go on trial.

Comment

Working...
                                X