So Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Sad...

Fatal home daycare fire. I can't even imagine how this happened.

Sign in to your Spectrum account for the easiest way to view and pay your bill, watch TV, manage your account and more.

Comment respectfully deleted for the family, responders and providers.

- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I saw this on Good Morning America this morning. SAD SAD SAD.....Preventable as well. That is what makes it even sadder! :confused::confused:

Comment

What a shame

I wonder why she was not able to get any children out? If she had too many that were not able to walk yet? It says she was 22, maybe just very young and not prepared to remain calm during an emergency? I hate to say it but it sounds more like she was maybe asleep because being in the bathroom you would hear and smell the smoke.

Comment

How awfully sad. I cannot even imagine being in the parents' OR the provider's shoes in a situation like this.

Comment

Those poor children and families. I cannot even fathom the emotions they are all going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone involved. This woman is going to have to live with this the rest of her life. Considering how her behavior at the scene was described, possibly years and years of psychiatric help as well.

So terribly sad :*(

Comment

Its so sad. I cant imagine what the parents are going through right now.

Something seems off about it to me. Like why didnt she get any of the children out, if it was a kitchen fire from her cooking how long was she in the bathroom, Just seems there are a lot of questions and it doesnt seem right to me.

Comment

I think she did get 2 of them out...but yes, I agaree. Either that house went up in a flash or she wasn't in the bathroom. My smoke detectors go off when my teenager burns a pizza...

I just don't get it...

Comment

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
                  What a shame

I wonder why she was not able to get any children out? If she had too many that were not able to walk yet? It says she was 22, maybe just very young and not prepared to remain calm during an emergency? I hate to say it but it sounds more like she was maybe asleep because being in the bathroom you would hear and smell the smoke.
                  It also states she was only licensed up to 6 kids and she had 7 so she was probably out of compliance with the ages and ratios as well. Perfect example of why we have rules...

Comment

Where's catherder? We need you to post some Friday funnies now.
                    That made me cry.

Comment

1 over limit. But maybe because 1 parent was late and the child overlapped? But it states 6 in 24 hours so still breaking the rules.

Maybe she was having a smoke outside? Who knows where she truly was.

It does state 2 children were already outside, meaning she managed to get 2 out by the time rescue came.

However, I don't understand how we could know it was preventable? We don't know yet what started the fire.

AND...

It is a fact that in an emergency such as a fire, even with all the practice with children, they are hiders. Children will hide in closets, under beds, etc when they are scared. The children probably hid and that's why she couldn't find them all. The youngest ones I would've assumed would be in playpens or cribs.

Very sad.

Comment

In our state we have to have it mapped out for emergency exits and we have to practice every month. I set my alarms off and the kids know what to do, the newest ones cry and get a bit scared but I would rather have them be scared and cry the first few times we practice than have the alternative happen.

Do you guys have the same kind of rules in your state?

Comment

she may have also panicked and worried more about putting the fire out, then getting the kids out of the house.

so sad

Comment

that is very sad. But what i don't understand is didn't she have a fire alarm. Even if you were in the bathroom you would be able to hear it, and where were all these children when she was in the batheroom. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Also if it started in the kitchen, what the heck was she doing in the bathroom when the burner was on, why didn't she call 911 from inside the house, didn't she have a fire extingisher. Way too many unanswered questions. Also, I find it odd that that she escaped with only smoke inhalation.

Comment

How heartbreaking. I'm praying for those children, their families, and the provider.

Comment

Working...
                              X