So Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
    I just don't understand how she could only be charged with one count of serious bodily injury to a child. FOUR children DIED, and 3 others will have burns and scars that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives!! Why isn't she charged with murder, or at the very least involuntary manslaughter??

And the fact she fled to Nigeria makes it that much worse. I'll be praying every day that they are able to find her and bring her back to go on trial.
    I'm sure more charges will follow. Most times the DA's office will issue arrest warrants for the first charge they can get all their ducks in a row with just so they can get the person into custody, and more charges follow as they gather the right evidence. Unfortunately this time they didn't get the warrant fast enough and she fled.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
      I'm sure more charges will follow. Most times the DA's office will issue arrest warrants for the first charge they can get all their ducks in a row with just so they can get the person into custody, and more charges follow as they gather the right evidence. Unfortunately this time they didn't get the warrant fast enough and she fled.
      I hope you are right. And that brings up another good point... the moment the police and firefighters came on seen to the fire; she should have been labeled as a person of interest in a crime investigation. Persons of interest in a crime investigation should go on some kind of a list for international travel and NOT allowed to leave the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
        I hope you are right. And that brings up another good point... the moment the police and firefighters came on seen to the fire; she should have been labeled as a person of interest in a crime investigation. Persons of interest in a crime investigation should go on some kind of a list for international travel and NOT allowed to leave the country.
        To the first responders, she was..... They knew instantly, trust me...

It is convincing a DA and a Judge with fresh manicures and no street experience that takes a little work...

And, oh yeah, the criminals have more rights than victims... If you don't cross your "T's" just right, they walk....

Added: I was referring to day one. When the rest of the world wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. It is hard to verbally express gut instinct to technical thinkers...we have different mindsets. One is analytical and detail oriented as it applies to the law, the other is raw emotion and holding those dead babies in your arms. No harm intended.
        Last edited by Cat Herder; 03-02-2011, 04:45 AM. Reason: Adding...
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• When did curriculum and age get so wrapped up in this story, Simple matter is it doesn't matter how old she is, she wasn't even there, if she were home sitting down doing a curriculum even at the age off 22, chances are all the children would be alive, if she were doing everything she said she did she would have been able to get these babies out........this is horrific and sad, and she was ignorant and stupid. but on the subject of curriculum, I do one, but its not all day, its like an hour a day, 1 thing per day one subject per day, most done during circle time, that includes all children.

Comment

• I would like to know, why was there a pot of oil on the stove? Something tells me she was covering something worse up. Was she heating up oil to fry something and thought she'd get back in time? It doesn't fit together correctly in my mind.

None the less, my heart BREAKS for these families. After reading about this all I sat down with all my daycare kids and just held them for a while. These kids mean the world to me and I could NEVER imagine harming them in any way..... She should be lit on fire herself to die...... Treat others as you'd like to be treated...

Comment

• The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                To the first responders, she was..... They knew instantly, trust me...

It is convincing a DA and a Judge with fresh manicures and no street experience that takes a little work...

And, oh yeah, the criminals have more rights than victims... If you don't cross your "T's" just right, they walk....
                I have family that are in law enforcement and I personally know two prosecuters, so this is a touchy subject for me. I've never met anyone involved in either who was not absolutely passionate about what they do.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on who you ask) our criminal justice system is designed to protect the rights of everyone. If the police or courts rush to judgment they run the risk of having their entire case go down the tubes and having to watch an obviously guilty person walk free. Can you even imagine that in this case? So they make sure their i's are dotted and their t's are crossed so that they don't have to watch that happen.

I have no doubt that everyone from the top down involved in this case are working their tails off to make sure that this case is prosecuted fully.

I also agree with the PP that she should have been on the no-fly list and not allowed to leave the country.

Comment

• I am also from a multi-generational law enforcement family....

- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Listen close where she says there are NINE children in there........ she got two out.

Where are the other two? They only recoverd seven kids.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

• Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                      http://www.khou.com/video/featured-v...117128683.html

Listen close where she says there are NINE children in there........ she got two out.

Where are the other two? They only recoverd seven kids.
                      2 were no-shows that day but she had not recorded attendance, yet..

At least that is my undersanding of it.

there were "supposed" to be 9...

I think the other two charges are in relation to fleeing or regulation issues... I cant find that link again. I was kicked offline...

Oh, Nan, someone is going to lose their job over that video....

Comment

• can you imagine what those 2 families that didn't show up are thinking? and what millions of parents are thinking now every morning when they go to drop off their precious children?
                        This woman was an idiot!
                        Did anyone see her family home? It's like a mansion!
                        Why was she doing daycare? She should have been an exterminator, or a cab driver or something that does not involve kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                          2 were no-shows that day but she had not recorded attendance, yet..

At least that is my undersanding of it.

there were "supposed" to be 9...

I think the other two charges are in relation to fleeing or regulation issues... I cant find that link again. I was kicked offline...

Oh, Nan, someone is going to lose their job over that video....
                          Firefighter said at -11.25 "how many were inside altogether"

Tata said "nine total ... I pulled two out... there's two in cribs.

There were two kids in the back yard when the fire fighters got there.

The fireman tells the next fireman "you have nine total ... there are two out... you have some in cribs" so seven more inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            Firefighter said at -11.25 "how many were inside altogether"

Tata said "nine total ... I pulled two out... there's two in cribs.

There were two kids in the back yard when the fire fighters got there.

The fireman tells the next fireman "you have nine total ... there are two out... you have some in cribs" so seven more inside.
                            I know.... she changed her story after they searched and did not locate them.

Comment

• Brother confirms that Tata started fires at Katy High School when she was fourteen. Press is saying she lit fires on the west wing and the east wing of the building with toilet paper hanging from the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X