So Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! So sad.

This makes me very nervous. Like a pp said, some kids just hide. We're required to do monthly drills but I have been doing them weekly because I have one that still runs and hides behind the couch.

Comment

It sounds like there was no lack of help trying to get the kids out, but I want to know what would cause that much smoke and such little flame. So heartbreaking.

Comment

This is really sad. I agree though that something isn't right with the provider being in the bathroom. I'm interested to see how this story unfolds. How sad for those families and the provider.

Reminds me I need to do my drill this month still.

Comment

wow my heart goes out to everyone that was involved....so sad.. I feel so bad for this provider as i am sure since she was the one in charge everyone is pointing the finger at her.......... makes me want to practice fire safety even more than I already do.

Comment

so sad....

I wonder if she's a poster on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
              It sounds like there was no lack of help trying to get the kids out, but I want to know what would cause that much smoke and such little flame. So heartbreaking.
              is it possible it started maybe above the garage where the smoke alarm wasn't?

I know some fires, if electrical or something spread through the walls., and other fires spread through the vents and they spread so fast .

Comment

HOUSTON - Three children were killed and four remain hospitalized this afternoon after a fire at a child care center in west Houston. HFD Executive Assistant Chief Rick Flanagan said CPR was being performed on four of the children as they were being taken to a hospital. The ages of the children range from 18 months to 3 years.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

It's so scary! i pray for them all

Comment

In one of the videos it has a nieghbor that said daycare provider stated they had been in there a long time because she had passed out too.

I really hope that they find it was an accident and nothing that the provider did.

Comment

so sad sending prayers for all the families

Comment

From what I heard the reason they had a hard time getting them out was b/c the smoke was so bad and thick. two of the kids that died I believe they said died from smoke inhalation. I heard even teh firefighters were having issues with the smoke. Still very sad.

Comment

Very sad and heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to the children and their families, as well as to the provider.

I would hope if there is ever a tragedy that other providers would leave their assumptions aside until facts are presented in the case. The provider may be completely innocent of any wrongdoing and it would be awful if her world is torn apart MORE than it already has been because the media and people around the world make assumptions that end up being unfounded.

Prayers going up..............

Comment

Wait, now she didn't even know how many children she had? She thought there were 9? I understand that an emergency can do strange things to your brain, but to me, that's first and foremost. Always know how many and which kids you have. I used to work in a center where the director would randomly ask ANY staff in a classroom how many kids were in that room. If you didn't know, you were fired on the spot. Pack your things and go. You should always know how many kids you have.

It sounds like she was regularly operating over her capacity. That's very sad. I hope to find out that I'm wrong.

No matter what, though, it's a very tragic incident! My heart goes out to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Missani View Post
                              Wait, now she didn't even know how many children she had? She thought there were 9? I understand that an emergency can do strange things to your brain, but to me, that's first and foremost. Always know how many and which kids you have. I used to work in a center where the director would randomly ask ANY staff in a classroom how many kids were in that room. If you didn't know, you were fired on the spot. Pack your things and go. You should always know how many kids you have.

It sounds like she was regularly operating over her capacity. That's very sad. I hope to find out that I'm wrong.

No matter what, though, it's a very tragic incident! My heart goes out to all involved.
                              From what I read she was SUPPOSED to have 9 that day and two did not show up.

It also states that she can have 12 children if half are over preschool age.

Comment

Jessica Tata, 22, is listed as the operator of the day care facility, Jackie’s Child Care, at 2810 Crest Park Lane. A state child care licensing official was on the scene speaking with Tata.

I haven't had a chance to read Texas licensing regs but I know one thing or sure. Under NO circumstances should a 22 year old be allowed to have that many children under her roof by herself.

It's just NOT old enough to have that much responsibility. Child care workers need TIME and maturity along with training and experience before they should be allowed to have THAT many kids by themselves.... especially kids three and under.

You need enough time on the planet to know in your heart that you would give your own life to save the life of any kid in your care.
                                http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Working...
                                X