No announcement yet.

Are You Worried About Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada has first case of a child with covid.

All children who were attending a downtown Calgary child care centre licensed for nearly 100 — along with their families and two dozen staff — have been asked to self-isolate for more than a week after one of the kids tested positive for COVID-19.

Comment

• I got a message this morning from a dcm , she said that she is going to keep dck home and they are going to self isolate until they have more information . Dcm and dck had fevers last week and still have a cough . Dr did flu test that came back negative.
      They have family in an area with confirmed cases that they visit weekly.

Not the way I wanted to start the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Home View Post
        I got a message this morning from a dcm , she said that she is going to keep dck home and they are going to self isolate until they have more information . Dcm and dck had fevers last week and still have a cough . Dr did flu test that came back negative.

That is concerning. It just seems like the situation as a whole is growing out of control. I had to cancel my father's birthday celebration this coming Saturday because he is scared ( turning 70) He doesn't want to be in crowds. My daughter's college is closed for 2 weeks. I just want it all to go away😟

Comment

• Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
          That is concerning. It just seems like the situation as a whole is growing out of control. I had to cancel my father's birthday celebration this coming Saturday because he is scared ( turning 70) He doesn't want to be in crowds. My daughter's college is closed for 2 weeks. I just want it all to go away
          My daughters 21st Birthday is on Monday. I had a limo for her and her friends to club hop in Hollywood. Her friends are worried about being in crowds and she can no longer get her friends to go along so I canceled the limo and she is staying home. I had to lose the $200 deposit. I have dinner reservations for my anniversary on Saturday and hope the restaurant stays open. I was getting normal things a Costco yesterday. You could sense the quiet panic even though there were massive amounts of people checking out.
          Last edited by Michael; 03-12-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
            My daughters 21st Birthday is on Monday. I had a limo for her and her friends to club hop in Hollywood. Her friends are worried about being in crowds and she can no longer get her friends to go along so I canceled the limo and she is staying home. I had to lose the $200 deposit. I have dinner reservations for my anniversary on Saturday and hope the restaurant stays open. I was getting normal things a Costco yesterday. You could sense the quiet panic even though there were massive amounts of people checking out.
            Tennessee is in panic mode too

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Canada has first case of a child with covid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5494970
              My brother lives in Calgary . Luckily his kids don’t go to that centre but still. I feel for the other kids and families.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Home View Post
                I got a message this morning from a dcm , she said that she is going to keep dck home and they are going to self isolate until they have more information . Dcm and dck had fevers last week and still have a cough . Dr did flu test that came back negative.

Oh no! What are you going to do? We just had a case here, the guy worked 2 minutes from my house. Who knows if he was at the grocery store or drugstore at the same time as me or anyone else.

Comment

• Just typed up a letter to give to our DCP at the end of the day regarding exclusions for ANY symptoms. Cant wait for all of the complaints to roll in tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomCopeland View Post
                    I'll be on a panel discussion of the coronavirus and how it will affect child care programs on Friday, March 20th from 2:00-3:30pm Eastern Time.

It's called Bracing for COVID-19: What Early Childhood Programs Need to Know and Consider Now

It's free and you can register here: https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.c...-consider-now/

I'll be discussing how to revise your contract and policies to plan ahead if you are shutting down or parents are leaving your program temporarily. I'll also be discussing what insurance companies offer loss of business income coverage.
                    It's great that this is free and also being recorded. What an awesome resource!

Comment

• Originally posted by CenterTeacher20 View Post
                      Just typed up a letter to give to our DCP at the end of the day regarding exclusions for ANY symptoms. Cant wait for all of the complaints to roll in tomorrow.
                      My notice goes home with families tomorrow. There will be a lot of audible eye rolls shot my way but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                        I hear ya but a vacation at home can be just as relaxing! Even more so
                        I leave home once a week. Im such a hermit. I dont want to be at home . I wish they would quarentine the country NOW so that things can get back up n running in a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
                          My notice goes home with families tomorrow. There will be a lot of audible eye rolls shot my way but whatever.
                          I've luckily developed a backbone as of recently so I'm ready for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CenterTeacher20 View Post
                            I've luckily developed a backbone as of recently so I'm ready for it.
                            Good for you! I am getting there!

Comment

• Originally posted by MomBoss View Post
                              I leave home once a week. Im such a hermit. I dont want to be at home . I wish they would quarentine the country NOW so that things can get back up n running in a month.
                              I am a hermit too and I agree, quarantine everyone!

Comment

• Ohio has just announced a mandatory closing of all public schools for the next 3 weeks, effective Monday. LET THE CHAOS BEGIN!

Comment

Working...
                                X