No announcement yet.

Daycare Forum and Watching Kids!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am often too busy to come on here, but when I do, it's either nap time or my assistants are working with the children. That's okay, right?

Comment

Im teaching my five year old how to type and find letters on the keyboard
      "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
      Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by greenhouse View Post
        . I keep my iPhone on my person at all times to snap photos for parents or if I need to call parents/police.
        omg. I 'd.
        thank you for that!

Comment

Originally posted by dave4him View Post
          Im teaching my five year old how to type and find letters on the keyboard
          LMAO ::::

Comment

I can't believe you did that, Catherder..... ::::

I think you had us all going.

It is a legitimate question, tho. For me, I can't wait til nap time so I can sit here and check out the forum for the day. Sometimes IN the a.m. I have a quiet play time and I get to get on for a few moments, but sometimes, like today, I don't hardly get on at all.

And like everyone else, I am always logged in - I don't think I've logged out for a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              omg. I 'd.
              thank you for that!
              ...what was funny about her comment? I'm really curious...it is absolutely a legitimate reason to have a phone on us. We are a bunch of women home alone with a bunch of defenseless kids...any number of reasons could come up for us to need to call police right away, and god forbid there be an emergency, we want to be able to contact parents/911 without having to leave a child in distress.

The benefit of having adult contact during our long babble-filled days is icing on the cake of safety.
              Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Countrygal View Post
                I can't believe you did that, Catherder..... ::::

I think you had us all going.

It is a legitimate question, tho. For me, I can't wait til nap time so I can sit here and check out the forum for the day. Sometimes IN the a.m. I have a quiet play time and I get to get on for a few moments, but sometimes, like today, I don't hardly get on at all.

And like everyone else, I am always logged in - I don't think I've logged out for a week!
                Cat is NOT the OP, just to be clear
                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

It looks like most of us have laptops in the same room as the kids, IPhones , etc. ( it IS 2012 after all! ) and IF we never log out, I suppose it looks like we are sitting at the computer all day...which is not true of course...

There have been times when I realize that I am logged on to a different childcare forum ALL the time because I can't remember my password so I just stay logged in!

Somedays, I look at my Facebook and realize that I didn't check out of chat so it looks like I'm on the chat all day...I'm not but it could be a false assumption on the part of a dcm or dcd if they saw my name...the funny thing is that I see quite a few of the "WORKING" parents logged on and off there at different times! SO -- are they actually daring to be on Facebook ...GASP...at work?????

It's a pretty sad day at any job if you can't have a few minutes somewhere in the day to BREATHE..or look at the computer screen or go to the bathroom????

Sorry...I guess I forgot myself there "Masta"...I'd better shuffle on back to my chains ...it's evening here but from the tone of your inquiry, I'm probably not supposed to be taking a break ...I'm closed now until 7 a.m. Thursday morning but I guess I shouldn't be getting all uppity and making the assumption that I'm "free" for a few hours...

Comment

Hi,

I see some of the same people on this forum all day. As a parent, I was just wondering how you are able to watch my chldren in your home if you are online all day?

It isn't naptime ALL DAY?

Looking for a real answer.
                    I agree with the many of the OP's, your tone was stating that you felt 'we' shouldn't be online, emailing etc. while children are in our care. If you have an issue or concern with 'your' DCP say so - that makes the tone very different!

There are always moments throughout the day that kids are playing, eating/snacking, napping etc. and it only takes a few moments to read something and reply or ask for advice. It takes just as long to type something up as it does to use the bathroom...and we HAVE to do that! LOL!

Anyway, I don't think your DCP is doing anything out of the ordinary by emailing you, but if you have concerns that she's upstairs in her bedroom surfing the net for long periods while the DCK's are alone somewhere else then that's an issue and ask her about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                      Just got a text.... Nope, I am not the OP. :: Mods know.... I swear.

Just showing OP how it keeps us logged in sometimes even when we are offline....

I have been offline today because of a migraine... First one in 13 years...

The little words and bright lights are miserable like this... Hopefully I will be back to my smart arse self tomorrow.....
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Hi,

I see some of the same people on this forum all day. As a parent, I was just wondering how you are able to watch my chldren in your home if you are online all day?

It isn't naptime ALL DAY?

Looking for a real answer.
                        Providers are all around the world on this sight and we can leave are computers on all day. I don't believe all providers are on the sight the whole time but if you leave the sight open and walk away it will still show your on by the green light. You shouldn't worry as long as these children are well taken care of and their needs are provided for there shouldn't be any reason as to anyone question the use to this sight. My parents know that I use my computer and it can be in and out all day bc I use it to print daily reports, projects for my kids, research, it is also in the room that the kids play in. I can check during nap which is 3 hrs for me depending on which children i have for the day and I do have infants which are 2 of the 4 I have in attendance each day. This sight is a wonderful sight to bounce ideals and learn from not to mention get advise. I understand your concern but if you have a problem with your provider on this sight you should mention to her. So she understands your concerns. My parents know and understand I do not abuse my responsibilities and personally there is no way i could be on here all day....my kids take first priority.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                          OK, by her previous posts, I thought she was..... sorry for the misconception! Forget my post, then!

Comment

Sorry to be bitchy last night but it's annoying to ALWAYS have someone who "hasn't walked a mile in MY shoes" make such sweeping and general comments and in a seemingly snarky tone and attitude...

As someone else mentioned , I do believe that PARENTS actually also use their computer when their children are with them...I certainly wouldn't condone ANYONE being on their computer for hours at a time when they should be watching their (or someone elses') kids but a quick minute or two here and there?? It should be possible I think...

And, I'll add, my laptop is in full view of all parents when they walk in and it's usually on...and it's in the room where we spend most of our time so it is possible for me to look at this site occasionally and still have my eyes and ears on the kids ...who are playing quite happily right with me in this room...

Now I'll shut up and go away...

Comment

Originally posted by Countrygal View Post
                              OK, by her previous posts, I thought she was..... sorry for the misconception! Forget my post, then!
                              Nah...

It is one of those questions that get asked here about every 3-6 months...

I, like many, have a responded to it MANY times.... ::::

I think sometimes that is why we sound so "harsh" or "snarky" sometimes.... Each time we say it, we shorten it more and more to "just the meat" of the matter..

It is RARELY intentional.
                              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                                Nah...

It is one of those questions that get asked here about every 3-6 months...

I, like many, have a responded to it MANY times.... ::::

I think sometimes that is why we sound so "harsh" or "snarky" sometimes.... Each time we say it, we shorten it more and more to "just the meat" of the matter..

It is RARELY intentional.
                                Morning, Cat! How are you feeling this morning? Migraine gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X