Daycare Forum and Watching Kids!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
    Morning, Cat! How are you feeling this morning? Migraine gone?
    Yes, it is!!! happyface

Thank you for asking. lovethis

After checking out WebMD I think I may have triggered it with hot chocolate AND soaking in lavender/eucalyptus bath beads before bed Tuesday night....:confused:

Getting older calls for a few adjustments, I guess....::::
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Ohhhhh but that sounds heavenly

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hi,

I see some of the same people on this forum all day. As a parent, I was just wondering how you are able to watch my chldren in your home if you are online all day?

It isn't naptime ALL DAY?

Looking for a real answer.
        Red Flag- tells me that you have issues with your provider and you should bring them up with her. Get back to us on how that works out for you-

The answer to your question is probably the same as how you would be online when your child is home with you-

Good Morning Co-workers!!! To the person who called all of us here Coworkers- I really like that! I am grateful for all of you and the many moments we share through out the dayhappyface lovethis happyface lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
          Red Flag- tells me that you have issues with your provider and you should bring them up with her. Get back to us on how that works out for you-

The answer to your question is probably the same as how you would be online when your child is home with you-

Good Morning Co-workers!!! To the person who called all of us here Coworkers- I really like that! I am grateful for all of you and the many moments we share through out the dayhappyface lovethis happyface lovethis
          Hehe that was me! Goooood morning!

Comment

I don't think it is a dumb question to wonder what your provider is doing while watching your children. It is responsible parenting. You can't be upset if I "don't get involved in my childrens's lives" enough, and then turn around and be upset if I do research to make sure that that they are getting their needs met.

My provider e-mailed me today, at a time other than snack, lunch, or naptime. She watches 7 children, so naturally, I came to other providers to find out if this is indeed, possible, and ok for the kids, before I make more of a big deal about it than I should. It isn't dumb, it is responsible parenting.

PS: I got lots of great answers, so I feel much better about the situation.
            I usually only post when I can. Sometimes hubby is home and gives me a relief. Sometimes kids sleep. Sometimes the kids are outside running around and I can get a minute to post. Now if you saw someone posting every 5 seconds, I guess I'd be concerned. Posting periodically throughout the day? Not a concern. I would tt your provider if you are having issues with her using phone/internet (whatever she's using) but to ask the question the way you did implies all people online can't watch kids at the same time. Reality? not the real way things are.

Comment

I'm off today
              If you are off today-- why is your child at daycare?

You apparently had all day to watch this forum to see that people post several times and are logged on at times you feel they should be watching children.

Your day off would have been better spent playing and bonding with your own child. That would be responsible parenting.

Comment

I do my best to wear them out as much as possible so i can lule them to sleep with some curious george... hoping they all zone out at once
                "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdy View Post
                  If you are off today-- why is your child at daycare?

You apparently had all day to watch this forum to see that people post several times and are logged on at times you feel they should be watching children.

Your day off would have been better spent playing and bonding with your own child. That would be responsible parenting.
                  I agree with you. Go and spend some time with you child/ren because they will always treasure the time they spend with you.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                    I agree with you. Go and spend some time with you child/ren because they will always treasure the time they spend with you.
                    Second this. That is SO annoying that parents NEVER take their children on their days off. Their theory is that they are paying anyway, so why should they? Well how about this? I charged MUCH less than most daycares (in home) and yet still no one gave me relief. How about giving me some time when I gave you a break on the amount you pay? When I charged $95/week for FULL time care, the very least a parent can do is give me a day off. I remember a parent quit on me after a YEAR because I took THREE (3) days off and paid a backup for her and everything. She said I wasn't reliable. I wanted to smack this woman. She took time off CONSTANTLY and left her kid with me. Her work paid her for this time, though she was not there and she had some NERVE telling me not to ever have a break even though she wasn't out any money! I just don't understand some parents...I get the need to work, but why have kids in the first place if when you are off work you don't want anything to do with them????

Comment

I can understand why it must look like some providers are on all day. I like to leave a window open to the forum and check in every now and then. I do have an assistant, but even if I didn't, there is no reason it couldn't be checked quickly.

Parents need to step back and think what they do on the weekends with their child at home. Do they stare at them continously from sun up to sun down? Do they follow them every single step? Do they never get on their own computer with their children around? Do they never make a phone call or do anything except interact with their child?

If they answered honestly, they would see that they do actually do other things as well as making sure their children are supervised and well taken care of.

Day care providers do things like make meals, clean etc while kids are in care. They even take a quick look at this forum!

Comment

Working...
                      X