This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I live in Washington state and operate a in home daycare. I have an oppurtunity to expand into on-site child care. The problem I have been running into is finding an insurance company to offer liabilty insurance for this venture. If you have any leads it will be greatly appreciated. Steph
    Try http://morganinsurance.com/

Comment

Just got my license but still need help

Hello! I am new to the Daycare.com family and I just received my GFDC license for 12-14 kids in NY. I am unemployed and will like to know if anyone has links or advice on buying cheap furniture/items. Do you know of any organizations that will donate free items? Do you know of what I should do to receive funding to help me with the start-up process. Do you have a successfull way to promote your daycare? Thank you so much in advance!
      Diana

Comment

Welcome to Daycare.com Forum Diana! We would of course mention you consider listing in the Daycare.com Registry: https://daycare.com/php/start_new_signup.php

There are also threads relating to other sites that you can find here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising

PM me if you need assistance.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the quick response! I will review the links you provided me.
          Diana

Comment

After all the licensing and set up is ready, don't forget to run a nice ad in the phone book. That's the secret that really made our daycare take off.

Comment

People just love to learn. Planning to include after school tutoring program for the late working parents. Looking for a plan to extend to a personalized education system for up to 8th grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                What is involved with starting my own daycare? Are there regulations?
                What do I need 2 do?

Comment

Renters beware

To the people asking about renting an apartment and starting a home daycare I say BEWARE.

99% of the time it is against your lease to run a business out of your home, even if you have all the proper papers to have a daycare. Most landlords do not allow it for many many reasons.

I live next to an impromptu daycare and this is the most SELFISH THING a person can do. I have nothing against kids, but you wouldn't want to live next to a gas station or a walmart, it's the same thing. Yet I pay a hefty rent to listen to 6 other kids scream.

Not only is it illegal most of the time, your neighbors will not be pleased. Why? Because we don't want to be up at 6am every day with your 6 clients. We have a right to quiet enjoyment of our property. I'm reading threads about "bad neighbors" disrupting your kids naptimes? Seriously? Life goes on outside the parameters of a newborn or toddlers schedule. You want us to be courteous, take it into consideration that your kids are just as loud and annoying as music or a dog barking.

PLEASE take into consideration that your kids and other people's kids are not "special" or "precious" to anyone but you and their families. On top of which you are being PAID to put up with this nonsense and we are not.

Comment

Wanting to start a in home daycare in west virgina dont know where to start

I am 23 & I have 2 lil boys 4 & 2 and I am wanting to start a daycare at my home to start out with and work up to having my very own daycare business and I really dont know where to start at.

Comment

• Director

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                      What is involved with starting my own daycare? Are there regulations?
                      What else will DSS look for beside the rules and regulations of state

Comment

• my wife and i are tryin to get this daycare center started and there are so many things to do i am kinda stuck in a chicken and the egg situation .. not sure what comes first. also i dont have an aa in child care or cda which do you think can get accomplished quicker ?

Comment

• Starting a daycare in northern california

Hello all, I am new to this forum and new to having a daycare as well! I am almost done with all the state requirements to get licensed, and should be up and running in a few months(california is a little slow...)I have seen a lot of post asking what to do first and though i am new i found that the best way to get an idea was to go to your states page I.E. i live in california so i went to california's state government page(www.ccld.ca.gov/) and it should bring up what the first steps/requirements are for your state. Also a huge help is if you contact your local Childrens Home Society Office(Not sure if they are nationwide?), they will help you through the whole process. It is very confusing and some what over whelming! There are days where i feel completely lost and dont feel like im near ready!!! But im still truckin on!! Right now im at the point where im a little overwhelmed with getting everything i need organized and all the right forums and making sure my house is ready for inspection and getting contracts and everything else typed up and ready to go!! Its definitely a whirlwind right now! But i am super excited and cant wait to be running my own business! Good luck to all of you and hope this helped!!!! If anyone is in california i would love to catch up and be able to help and be helped!!!

Comment

• parks and trails instead of fenced backyard wa state

I was wondering if anyone would know if a person can have a licensed home in WA state unincorporated king county, without the backyard and using just parks and nature trails which are minutes away, instead of the enclosed backyard? A little confused. Thanks Janice

Comment

• Need some help

I want to open a daycare, would like to know if there are grant in florida i can appy. thanks

Comment

• Changing phone number

I am a registered Day care provider and you have my phone number wrong on your site how do I change this who do I email
                                Bonnie

Comment

Working...
                                X