This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by louie View Post
    I am a registered Day care provider and you have my phone number wrong on your site how do I change this who do I email
    Bonnie
    You can send Michael a PM. He is the site owner.

Comment

• HEllo!!!!!!!
      I am new here, and I am highly interested in opening a daycare in new york. If anyone knows the first step pleaseeeeee let me know

Comment

• Well Hi Again

Well, I have went to my first orientation for opening a daycare I have one more to go at the end of the month, I have been reading alot of what you guys write. and you all will probably be hearing from me alot LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHUCHILUV413 View Post
          I want to open a daycare, would like to know if there are grant in florida i can appy. thanks
          Where in Fl.? I am in NW panhandle....not really a grant, however there are SBA loans available for certain people like women or minorities. How did you go about doing the research for your area. Research meaning, how do you know a dc will work and succeed in the area? Demographics?

Tammy

Comment

• Nice to meet you all!

I provide care for three little ones out of my home. I am so thankful that I found this forum! It has given me a better understanding and more patience than I ever could have found just venting to my husband! I love what I do and absolutely adore children, but it is nice to know on those days when everything is just crazy that there are ladies (and gentlemen) out there in the exact same boat! I love reading the advice from everyone! I have tons of questions for everyone, and lots to vent about!::

Comment

• Im a newbie!

I'm am trying to gather info to begin the licensing process in Oklahoma. So far this site has been very helpful!happyface

Comment

• Originally posted by meme View Post
                I'm am trying to gather info to begin the licensing process in Oklahoma. So far this site has been very helpful!happyface
                Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now

Also, here is a link to licensing info for Oklahoma: https://www.daycare.com/oklahoma/

Comment

• Website for home daycares

I have had an in home daycare for 2 years now. I recently started compiling information for those interested in starting a home based daycare. Here is the site: www.homedaycareresource.com

Comment

• New to this site, I have being operating a in home daycare for 5 mo now, I tried getting a business license and my HOA will not allow me. Can I still get an EIN number???

Comment

• Yes-You can still get an EIN number. I run legally unlicensed, and have an EIN that I use at the end of the year for parents.

Comment

• I want to start a daycare

I want to start a daycare. I am 22 years old kindly tell what thing I need to do it..

Comment

• Interested in starting a childcare business

Hi

I am new to this site. Let me introduce myself, I am 37 year mom of a six year old. We live in Bergen County, NJ. For the past fifteen years I have doing childcare on a basically part-time basis.

You name doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc. I found positions privately, found positions thru nanny agencies. I even worked in a gym's childcare room.

So I was thinking of having a small center for drop in care and enrichment programs (music, art)
                          I need to find a space in Bergen County, NJ. I know I will have to get registered and licensed. Looking to care for no more than 8-10 kids at a time.

If anyone knows of a space in Bergen County for rent please let me know.

Thank you
                          Corina
                          happyface

Comment

• Where do I start

Hi, I'm new here and I've been wanting to start a private home day care center but I don't know where to start. Certification, location, clients, fees, etc. I'm a Georgia resident can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

• Originally posted by AGEM72 View Post
                              Hi, I'm new here and I've been wanting to start a private home day care center but I don't know where to start. Certification, location, clients, fees, etc. I'm a Georgia resident can someone point me in the right direction?
                              Here is a link to your states licensing regulations and agency contact info

Georgia Daycare Centers listings contact information and licensing standards

HTH

Comment

• Great question. I am having the same issue. Thanks for the question.

Great question. I am having the same issue. Thanks for the question.

Originally posted by zosim View Post
                                Hi All,

I'm happy I encountered this forum. Thanks to all for the great info. I am planning on starting a daycare as well (in South NJ). Almost all of the resources I've looked at pretty much say the same thing... read the licensing requirements of the state first. But what seems to be missing for me is the fact that like in NJ, the first thing the licensing agency requires you to do is to find a location and then get a certificate of occupancy from that location.

How do you do that? If you need to find a location first, does that mean I need to:

1. Find a location
                                2. Have it inspected if it is feasible to be a daycare center
                                3. Talk to the municipal zoning board to see if it's zoned for childcare. if not, try to meet the requirements to get the zoning class you need.
                                4. To get the zone class changed, you'd need to hire an architect to design a plan for your daycare. The plan should meet all state regulation requirements.
                                5. Once you have an architectural plan, do you submit that first to the licensing board to get it approved, or do you go to the municipal board to get it approved?
                                6. While all of these are happening, will the landlord be patient enough to let you do all of this? I'm assuming there will be a clause in the lease contract that committing to the lease is dependent on whether a license will be issued by the state.

These are what I've understood as what needs to be done to even get to a point of getting the state to look into your request to get a license. Am I missing anything or have made some incorrect assumptions?

I hope those who have successfully opened a commercial daycare center can provide some insights.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X