Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the kit https://www.daycare.com/starting_a_daycare/index.html help with opening a commercial child care center? I have a place in mind but dont have a business proposal are anything. I will have to renovate the place as it you to be a convent store, and not a in home daycare.

Comment

• Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. I'm from NYC and I've been thinking about opening a family group daycare. I will like to know about how much it cost everyone to open their daycares. Also, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

Comment

• Opening Day Care Center

I want to start day care in North Carolina. I have been an elementary school teacher for almost 25 years in good schools in India in New Delhi . Please let me know the licensing requirements. Can I get a work or business visa to open this, I am currently on B2 visa.

Comment

• baseboard heaters in center

Hi! I have recently purchased a building in my community. I plan on opening a child care center. I am very familiar with daycare laws and the management part of it. (Wisconsin) The building has a great energy efficient steam boiler, but, that results in baseboard heating. I am not at all interested in changing up the heating source. I have read of other centers having baseboard heaters with screens on them to protect from the hot touch. I have googled and researched the various screens, or "safety guards". There are quite a bit out there......Wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue or know of any specific guard or screen to make the baseboards up to licensing code. Thanks!!

Comment

• Looking for space in Baltimore area

Hi,

My partner and I are in the process of finding space to start our first child care center and we are having the hardest time. We've tried contacting realtors, but they don't seem to be very helpful. We even tried reaching out to local schools in hopes that they have some extra space, but most are looking for experienced child care providers. I'm getting so frustrated. We are looking for a relatively small space to start off with, no more than 2000 sq ft. If anyone has any leads please contact us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Jamie

Comment

• needed help with home child care in NC

I'm trying to open a home child care center in NC and grow it into a center. as I learn more about what I need to do, I have more questions. Does anyone know what steps need to be done when growing from a home child care to a child care center? Would I accually have to move out of my home in order for it to be a child care center?

Comment

• Washington state question? Professional liability insurance (who has the best rates)?

Hi everyone in WA state,

I need advice on how to get Professional liability insurance, Accidental/medical insurance, Supplemental auto insurance with? Maybe there is an agency that does all three? Just wondering who might be the best deal also...

Ja

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaba6111 View Post
                  Hi everyone in WA state,

I need advice on how to get Professional liability insurance, Accidental/medical insurance, Supplemental auto insurance with? Maybe there is an agency that does all three? Just wondering who might be the best deal also...

Ja
                  Try DCI

Comment

• This is a pretty helpful thread, which I was happy to see since I'm looking to get more involved and eventually start my own daycare. Forgive me if this is a redundant question, but what advice would you give to someone who is just starting out? From experiences you've had and mistakes you might have made, anything will be extremely helpful. (I tried reading through the whole thread but it's a lot of information )

Comment

• advertising

I work in a daycare center and am looking for ideas on advertising and attracting more customers as its a private center and area we are in its hard to attract customers due to competition I believe, any ideas.

Comment

• Welcomto the forum. Here are some threads with marketing ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...arketing+ideas

Comment

• Church Daycare

Hello! I am looking to open a daycare in my local church in PA. However I am not sure what it entails in terms of licence, regulations, codes, etc. Can someone help me with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by rkofer0299 View Post
                            Hello! I am looking to open a daycare in my local church in PA. However I am not sure what it entails in terms of licence, regulations, codes, etc. Can someone help me with that?
                            Welcome to the forum. Here are your state's standards: https://www.daycare.com/pennsylvania/

Comment

• Please can someone give me information on CDA renewal in FL

Comment

• Originally posted by smartgirl2021 View Post
                                Please can someone give me information on CDA renewal in FL
                                "The Florida CDAE has a 5 year renewal process. • National CDA is a nationally recognized Child Development Associate Certification. The Council for Professional Recognition offers both the original certification and a renewal process every 5 years."

- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X