Cloth Diapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    I allow and encourage the use of cloth diapers.

I have the same licensing rules as above.

I have the parent supply a wet bag that seals. After each change I put the diaper in the wet bag. It holds more than one.

My parent has small wet bags just for poo diapers and has recently started including them so I can put the poo ones in the smaller bags so she doesn't get "surprised" when emptying the wet bag at night.

I have zero issues with doing any of that. It's not hard and it's not a big deal.

I don't make the wet bag stay outside :confused: as it seals and therefore does not smell anymore than my normal regular garbage does.
    I think putting them outside is sort of overboard. and the bagging "EACH" diaper in a separate bag thing... that's extreme in my honest opinion.
    I do the exact same thing.

Comment

My I just have smallish totes with seal able lids and labeled to which kid it goes with(color coded too. Dcm or dcd just take home a tote and drop off the one from previous day I don't do any extra work. poo goes in the bag( grocery bag, dog poo bag, dirty bad they all work) the rest goes in the tote. Since they seal No smell, and they are in the closet away from small hands. Those things are pricey and I would feel bad if one got thrown in the trash.
      They can work at daycare, I wonder if she is over thinking it.

Comment

My military licensed doesn't allow cloth diapers.

Comment

I still think that leaving them outside is odd but I totally understand an in home provider putting them outside. Its her home. OP uses a center. I think they should be equipped enough to manage soiled clothing and cloth diapers in a sanitary way inside. Its not really very "welcoming" to those entering. !

Comment

I think they don't want to tell me they can accommodate until they meet with licensing. They asked me to bring in the diapers/wet bag so they can see if it is approved. I feel like dirty diapers sitting in the sun is a recipe for bad stinkies, but maybe it won't be too bad.

I am really not down with sealing each diaper in a ziplock bag, I will find a new daycare or switch to disposables, that's just so gross to me. Lol

Comment

Sorry I am mobile and can't figure out how to quote, but blackcat it it on the spot! Even if they had a door that led to somewhere concealed inside the center, a place with a cover (like a porch) so stuff wasn't getting rained/snowed on and things could not be stolen.

They tried to assure me that no one would steal soiled diapers/clothing but I don't think they understand the value in cloth diapers. A stash I would send to daycare each day is worth over $100!

Comment

I work in a NAEYC center. We allow cloth diapers with a doctors note stating child cannot use disposables. Cloth diapers can only be all in ones or pockets that are already stuffed. Must have same amount of steps as a disposable. Each soiled cloth diaper must go into a ziploc bag which is parent provided.

We do the ziploc bags because anything that has child waste is considered a biohazard. Childs name is put on the bag and placed out of children's reach. You don't know what a child may or may not have.

For bowel movement cloth diapers, we aren't allowed to handle the poop by scraping it into a toilet. It must all go into the bag.

In 3 years I've worked for he center, I have not encountered one cloth diaper. I did briefly use cloth diapers with my twins

Comment

I would be willing to bet they've never heard of a wet bag, or what one is used for. I'd show them how much easier it would be going that route and hope it was just an issue of educating them (hanging on the back of the bathroom door would work great)

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  My DCM seems to be pretty attached to hers too and talks about collecting specific prints and colors so..... :confused:
                  Each of my boys has their own stash. Took me the better part of a year to amass. I was a whale, what else was there to do with all my free time??! Several will be going in their box of baby crap for me.....er....them.......to keep. I completely own how insane that sounds

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
                    I would be willing to bet they've never heard of a wet bag, or what one is used for. I'd show them how much easier it would be going that route and hope it was just an issue of educating them (hanging on the back of the bathroom door would work great)

Each of my boys has their own stash. Took me the better part of a year to amass. I was a whale, what else was there to do with all my free time??! Several will be going in their box of baby crap for me.....er....them.......to keep. I completely own how insane that sounds
                    I remember when HC was first getting started.... and goodmamas were new. All the stalkers for that fluff Ha. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                      They would always be left outside, every day. Right now if a child has an accident the child's clothing is placed in a grocery bag and set outside the front door right where parents drop off and pick up kids. Something about my child's dirty diapers always being in this location doesn't sit well with me.
                      I would be concerned about my diapers being stolen if they were sitting on a front porch. A back porch I might not mind so much, especially if the backyard was fenced in.

Comment

Originally posted by littletots View Post
                        My military licensed doesn't allow cloth diapers.
                        The center my son is at doesn't either. Apparently, it's Army policy to not allow them unless prescribed by a doctor. But then they make you jump through all kinds of hoops. We had an issue with wipes when he first started. They caused him to get horrible rashes. His doctor wrote a note that he should use cloth or paper wipes with plain water only, but my center's command decided that the note wasn't good enough. We finally found a brand of wipes that works for him, so it's not a thing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by childcaremom View Post
                          I remember when HC was first getting started.... and goodmamas were new. All the stalkers for that fluff Ha. Good times
                          I have several Tangerine Baby and Bagshot Row Bamboo diapers. I would cut someone who tried to steal them. Okay, maybe not, but I wouldn't be pleased. These are very limited edition prints that usually sell out less than a minute after being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
                            I have several Tangerine Baby and Bagshot Row Bamboo diapers. I would cut someone who tried to steal them. Okay, maybe not, but I wouldn't be pleased. These are very limited edition prints that usually sell out less than a minute after being released.
                            ::::

I'm out of the cd loop now but I remember Bagshot Row Bamboo.

Comment

Seems like I am in the minority , I don't accept cloth diapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
                                ::

Yes, this is how my DCM is about them too... She recently told me about ordering 3 of one specific print hoping to get one that had the picture (this one was a mermaid one I think) in a specific spot on the tush...

Says certain ones that have the print/pattern "just right" are worth more.

I have NO clue as my own kiddos are a lot older and cloth diapering was not so common then but I guess I can say I am familiar with the craze it's caused...

I guess there could be worse things parents are obsessed with so I'm not gonna knock her for it. Plus some of the diapers are SUPER cute!!!!

These are the ones my daycare mom has been obsessed with lately:

Comment

Working...
                                X