Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Policy On No Immunizations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
    Serious question here, as I am .... More advanced in age than most of you and it's been many moons since I discussed vaccination with my doc.

How does a non vax kid risk health of vaxed kids?
    Vaccines are not 100% effective. The more people around vaxed kids that are vaxed, the less likely vaxed kids are to catch it, too. The biggest concern for me, however, is the babies who are too young to get vaccines. THOSE kids are VERY likely to catch a preventable illness from a non-vaxxed kid who has that illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      Vaccines are not 100% effective. The more people around vaxed kids that are vaxed, the less likely vaxed kids are to catch it, too. The biggest concern for me, however, is the babies who are too young to get vaccines. THOSE kids are VERY likely to catch a preventable illness from a non-vaxxed kid who has that illness.
      Yep, the thing that made me term my non vaxxed child (5yo) is his sister is 8, so sister is exposed to tons of stuff at school, she can pass it to brother and then he could give it the the infant I care for. If parents want to vax later I am not as worried. Even if they waited until lo was a year to start I would be flexible. A modified schedule or what have you, not a huge deal for me, but when the child is 5 and you tell me you are worried he is going to get autism :confused: I just can't deal. The dcm is so nice and pretty...not that bright. Though, parents were super understanding when I told them which was nice. I gave them 30 days to find new care, as new infant starts mid March. Mom will let me know by the end of the week if she is going to go ahead and starting vaccinating her kids so dcb can stay So you don't want him to get autism but you really don't want to look for a new daycare provider...I just don't get some people.

Comment

I have to share this.

I met a mom last night at my sons baseball practice who was talking about the MMR vax. I am in CA where we currently have the most cases of the measles outbreak, some in my county, so everyone is talking about it every where you go.

She is eating a large bag of spicy chetto chips and soda pop. She tells me do you know the things they put into those vax. They put horrible chemicals in them that could cause all kinds of things. I refuse to subject my children to poison, so I won't ever vax them and I don't care what people think of me. As I look down, I see her kid is sucking down a bag of bright colored candies, chips and a also drinking a soda. Hmmmmmmmmmm you don't want to subject your children to poison...............I laughed and walked away.

Comment

Lots of misinformation in this thread about efficacy of vaccines and what causes outbreaks.

A child who is vaccinated can get and pass on measles and it is more common than you think. Also how many of you have your measles boosters? Adults can also pass along measles to children. I get mine done every 10 years.

I wouldn't turn away non vaccinated kids if I didn't have my own vaccines up to date.

Comment

Non-vaccination disclosure

Originally posted by daycare View Post

Next question is, if I do accept kids that are non vax do I have to tell other parents that I accept children that are not?
            Depends on the state you are in. In my state I have to inform parents that I have a child in care that is not vaccinated, but I cannot tell them who.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
              Lots of misinformation in this thread about efficacy of vaccines and what causes outbreaks.

A child who is vaccinated can get and pass on measles and it is more common than you think. Also how many of you have your measles boosters? Adults can also pass along measles to children. I get mine done every 10 years.

I wouldn't turn away non vaccinated kids if I didn't have my own vaccines up to date.

This popped up on my email for Hot Topics and I normally don't want to get too involved in this because it's a personal choice for some and not others.

I allow unvaccinated children (but everyone is vaccinated) at my daycare or someone on their own personalized schedule and they're required as of last year to have a physicians note stating they've been told of the benefits and risks of vaccines and that's it.
              Personally my youngest son isn't fully vaccinated because of a reaction my next youngest son had and at 23mos and I don't want to risk it with him after the research I've done. Also this was waaaay before Jenny McCarthy had anything to do with the vaccine debate. We discussed it in length with our Pediatrician and he was fine with our choice and told us which ones he would recommend more than others. We did HIB & PCV but that's it. Even though my county has the highest rate of Pertussis in the state we didn't get it. My friend's son who's had 5 doses of DTaP got it just 3 months after his booster. Over 80% of the cases are in vaccinated kids. In this current Measles outbreak roughly 10% are fully vaccinated. Most people born after 57 but before 89 need a booster but very few have gone down to get it.
              Also, only 1 of my 6 daycare children got the flu shot. None of us have had the flu. The worst we've had was a cold around here. And my son had a fever for 48hrs but that's it. He's by far the healthiest child I've known. He has been sick maybe 4 times in 3+yrs.

Comment

I don't do vaccines either because of what happened to my older daughter. She has Rett Syndrome which is one of the many autism spectrum disorders and after all I've read in the last many years I'm convinced all of that is vaccine damage. Jessica is 32 now and can't talk or do much of anything for herself.

I wrote up an affidavit explaining that we don't do vaccines and why. What the medical people don't tell you is that every state has an exemption. In my state, Indiana, it's a religious one. I say it's because of my religious convictions; the Bible says our body is God's temple and we are not to defile it.

It makes little sense to me that people that vaccinate their children fear the unvaccinated! My younger daughter, now 17, only got one shot at birth and 1 or 2 at her first checkup then I learned about how dangerous vaccines are and she's had no more. She is FAR healthier than I ever was, and she almost never gets sick. A truly healthy diet and some supplements is all we need to keep healthy. The vaccines scare me!

Anyway, just saying all of that not to debate the issue either, but to explain why I don't do it. Those that don't want to vaccinate can get an exemption and that is legal.

I'd be way more concerned about having a fragile child exposed to the kids that get sick frequently, and those kids are vaccinated.
                sigpicMarilynn

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post

I am up to date on all my boosters. I have medically fragile family members, as well as the newborns I care for.

Its not about eliminating risk, its about minimizing it. Vaccine's are not 100% effective, but that doesn't mean they don't work at all. And I couldn't live with myself if I took a risk with someone's child and it ended poorly.

Comment

Something I didn't realize until I read an article last night is that most people over the age of 50 have never been vaccinated against the majority of childhood illnesses we take for granted today. A lot of the vaccines were created after they were passed childhood.

Comment

I did not have any vax until I came to US and went to enroll into college. I could not enroll into college with out them.

Looking for an update.....

Another reason that I asked the origional question, is because from what I am reading, it sound like I can't refuse a child who is not vax. If this is true, which I am still waiting to hear back from an attorney, then I need to put something in my PHB about this.

For example, a child in my care comes down with the measles, according to what I am reading, the county is the one who will demand I remove all non vax children and they will not be allowed to return until the county clears it and it could be 20plus days. So during that time should that occur, I still need to get paid. There is a loop hole in my contract as it reads now, because it says illness. But in this case, the non-vax child is not ill and is being forced out of the childcare by the county.

So those of you that take non-vax children what is your policy regarding payments or what not if a child need to be excluded in order to keep them safe.

Comment

Oregon has the highest rate of unvaccinated children. I myself choose to delay vaccines, not because of autism, because of all the other chemicals put into them and because the difference in effectiveness and immunity from vaccines early on vs. after 1 year of age.

I accept children with the state exemption form and ask that any time a child is updated they inform me and we update their vaccination chart. Children are not allowed at daycare within 48 hrs of having a vaccination because that too puts other children at risk with some of them.

I do not believe in the flu shot and do not require that one for attendance. It creates a temporary immunity to the versions of the virus in the vaccine, 1-2 yrs, and doesn't create long term immunity to any version, then later in life your immunity is impaired and you're more likely to die from the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilley Beans View Post
                          Oregon has the highest rate of unvaccinated children. I myself choose to delay vaccines, not because of autism, because of all the other chemicals put into them and because the difference in effectiveness and immunity from vaccines early on vs. after 1 year of age.

I accept children with the state exemption form and ask that any time a child is updated they inform me and we update their vaccination chart. Children are not allowed at daycare within 48 hrs of having a vaccination because that too puts other children at risk with some of them.

I do not believe in the flu shot and do not require that one for attendance. It creates a temporary immunity to the versions of the virus in the vaccine, 1-2 yrs, and doesn't create long term immunity to any version, then later in life your immunity is impaired and you're more likely to die from the flu.
                          so what is your policy on non-vax. what happens if one of your dcks got the measles??

what would you be required to do and do your parents still have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            Something I didn't realize until I read an article last night is that most people over the age of 50 have never been vaccinated against the majority of childhood illnesses we take for granted today. A lot of the vaccines were created after they were passed childhood.
                            It hadn't occurred to me either, I'm 55, born in 1959. The measles vaccine was introduced in the US in 1963. My mother doesn't remember if I had either the disease or the vaccine. I spoke with my Dr. who is ordering a blood test to see if I have immunity to measles. If not, I will have the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
                              I also think that people who choose not to vaccinate their kids for personal reasons are absolutely negligent and I would never deal with parents who put their children at unnecessary risk. It's like not strapping your child in a car seat or seat belt and then flying down the highway expecting everyone else not to hit you.
                              Wow, according to your standard I am a neglectful parent. I have no reason why originally I did not. I just knew not to do my son (did my daughter). When he was 10 we found out that he was very chemical sensitive and that the vaccines could have caused some major issues if not death for him. God saved him. Now at 17 on a very spread out schedule we did vaccinate him knowing he was traveling overseas. And we have been treating the chemical sensitivities. But according to your standard, I am neglectful- really?!

I leave it up to my parents.

Comment

All my daycare children are immunized to attend here. Licensing requires it and so do I.

Comment

Working...
                                X