Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Policy On No Immunizations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Policy On No Immunizations?

I don't want to debate if its right or wrong not to vaccinate a child, I just want to know what your policy says on it.

I am seeing a huge trend in my state to not immunize your child. I say to each their own. However, I don't have anything in my policies about this. For example what will happen if something breaks out? The parents will still be responsible to pay for their spot even if the child can't attend due to a breakout, and so forth.

I am wondering if my current policy of you pay for the spot regardless of attendance is enough as it is?

Please share your policy on this.

Thanks

I will not take a child that is not immunized.

Comment

can i ask why you would not take a child that is not?

Comment

In your case I would tell the parents they are responsible for payment no matter why the child misses daycare. That is one of the risks they have for not vaccinating their child.

Comment

I also don't take non immunized kiddos. Personally I have no issues with parents who choose not to vaccinate. My own DD is allergic to the MMR vax so I get it.

However, because I offer care to medically fragile kiddos, I can't risk them being exposed.

So, my policy is vax only. However, if there is a medical reason to break them up or do an alternate schedule, I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
            I also don't take non immunized kiddos. Personally I have no issues with parents who choose not to vaccinate. My own DD is allergic to the MMR vax so I get it.

However, because I offer care to medically fragile kiddos, I can't risk them being exposed.

So, my policy is vax only. However, if there is a medical reason to break them up or do an alternate schedule, I'm cool with that.
            I dont know much about immunizations, but wouldn't it be the child without that vax that would be at risk, not the other children???

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
              I dont know much about immunizations, but wouldn't it be the child without that vax that would be at risk, not the other children???
              the medically fragile kids sometimes have reasons to be delayed on vax... that puts THEM at risk from those that may choose to NOT vax at all and then get something....

Comment

I don't want to debate if its right or wrong not to vaccinate a child, I just want to know what your policy says on it.

I am seeing a huge trend in my state to not immunize your child. I say to each their own. However, I don't have anything in my policies about this. For example what will happen if something breaks out? The parents will still be responsible to pay for their spot even if the child can't attend due to a breakout, and so forth.

I am wondering if my current policy of you pay for the spot regardless of attendance is enough as it is?

Please share your policy on this.

Thanks
                Do you charge parents if they choose to keep their child home when any other sort of illness is present? Such as the Influenza or Strep throat?

Comment

My policy is simply all kids need to be up to date on vaccines. There are plenty of places around here that will take non vaccinated kids, I'm just not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    Do you charge parents if they choose to keep their child home when any other sort of illness is present? Such as the Influenza or Strep throat?
                    yes, my policy says you will pay regardless of attendance or not.

Reason I am asking is that i just did a Preschool event where I had a table and I would say about 30% of the parents I talked to all asked me does your school take children who don't vax... Since that event, I have had a few phone calls about it as well.

This is something new to me and of course it's not in my PHB as of now.

Comment

yes, my policy says you will pay regardless of attendance or not.

Reason I am asking is that i just did a Preschool event where I had a table and I would say about 30% of the parents I talked to all asked me does your school take children who don't vax... Since that event, I have had a few phone calls about it as well.

This is something new to me and of course it's not in my PHB as of now.
                      That's your answer then.

I asked because I think you are over thinking this.

If rates are based on enrollment not attendance, I don't see how whether you take non-vaccinated kids or not has anything to do with your payment policies...know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                        the medically fragile kids sometimes have reasons to be delayed on vax... that puts THEM at risk from those that may choose to NOT vax at all and then get something....
                        got it.

I guess I just see it that if the child does not have the vax if they are going to get something they can get it anywhere.

the children that are not vax that choose not to would be excluded anyways.

But I totally see your point and its very valid...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          That's your answer then.

I asked because I think you are over thinking this.

If rates are based on enrollment not attendance, I don't see how whether you take non-vaccinated kids or not has anything to do with your payment policies...know what I mean?
                          yes I agree I Am over thinking it. It was a new situation that came to me and I have never dealt with it before, so I wanted to make certain that I didn't need to update my handbook.

Next question is, if I do accept kids that are non vax do I have to tell other parents that I accept children that are not?

Comment

yes I agree I Am over thinking it. It was a new situation that came to me and I have never dealt with it before, so I wanted to make certain that I didn't need to update my handbook.

Next question is, if I do accept kids that are non vax do I have to tell other parents that I accept children that are not?
                            No. Confidentiality rules say what other families do or don't do is no one's business but yours.

If a family says they don't vaccinate and want to know if you will accept their child, it's your call.

If you do take them, you are not required to inform anyone else.

Comment

does your state have a policy on this?

I think I've heard that states that allow non vax... you have to let other parents know.

in my state, kids have to be vax to be in school or a licensed facility. I'm not licensed. However, in my handbook I explain that I require vax but that I offer care to medically fragile children who may be delayed in vax etc etc. I'm not required to explain that but I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X