Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ihop View Post
    ::
    I actually realized while I was making my handbook(after I named my daycare) that the name abbreviated is phd.
    I did the same...SID... terrible! just terrible! I don't tell anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
      There's a pretty lousy center not too far from here I jokingly (sort of) say someday I'm going to stage a coup and turn it into a Dr Suess themed center called Mr Seuss's Funzeum. Think my wife would shoot me if I actually did it. .

One of the clerks at the local grocery store calls me Daddy Daycare after the Eddie Murphy movie. I recently found out I'm known in town by that name. Maybe I should run with it. ::
      That would be funny! Love it!

Comment

Okay, ya'll--don't judge. My provider friend and I always joke around about merging our daycares into one, and calling it Lil Sh!tz. Of course we are completely kidding!

There is one here in town that has a name that makes my skin crawl. I won't post it, because my hometown would be very easy to figure out, but trust me.....yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
          Okay, ya'll--don't judge. My provider friend and I always joke around about merging our daycares into one, and calling it Lil Sh!tz. Of course we are completely kidding!

There is one here in town that has a name that makes my skin crawl. I won't post it, because my hometown would be very easy to figure out, but trust me.....yuck.
          Haha, when I was getting started my friends joked that I should call it Bebe's kids for the old 90's movie. "they don'y die, they multiply, they Bebe's kids." I decided to go with Learning Through Play. Name says it all.

Comment

About 45 minutes from me we have a "Where anything can happen" child care center. And anything can happen as a baby was locked in the center after everyone left because they thought she was a babydoll. Like seriously?

Comment

I realize this thread is old but it is so fun!!! I am bringing it back to life!!!!!

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              Besides the obvious reasons for ABC, the best way to be listed first in any advertising is to have letters in your title.

Whether ABC or BBB....having letters, immediately puts you at the top of the alphabetical chain.

Creative daycare homes and child care center names around here are:
              • Rockin' Round the Clock (24 hour daycare center)
              • Wee Folks Garden (Our YMCA daycare center)
              • Imagination Station ~ (Depot A or Depot B depending on which age group your child fits into)
              • The Little School That Could....
              • Einie Meinie Einsteins
              • Bloomer's (each room is a different plant/flower etc)
              I really LOVE the name Imagination Station and would have completely stolen that name is there was not a similar program with the name Imagine Preschool close by....

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
              I have a Courtenays Cids Child Care around the corner.

The missing apostrophe bothers me ALMOST as much as C for kids (which is backwards, too). :confused: Why not just Courtenay's Child Care?
              This would drive me to call and offer consulting services. Why would she think that was smart?

Comment

Some common names I have come across:

Head Start (there are tons here that are either federally or state funded)
                "City Name" Daycare/Preschool
                "Owner's Name" Daycare"
                "University Name" Preschool
                "Street Name" Daycare / Preschool

Unique Names I have seen:

Firehouse Preschool - built in an old firestation
                Imagine Preschool
                Barefoot Atelier/Preschool
                Linnea's Garden
                Pacific Oaks Children's School
                Little Dolphins By the Sea - near the beach
                Wagon Wheel School
                Kids Klub - nearly 24 hour mega center for childcare
                Winding Willows
                Enchanted Garden
                Village Playgarden
                Cheerful Beginnings - this is infant care only
                Branches Atelier
                Blueberry Atelier (closed)

Comment

Daycare/preschool names

Good morning,
                  I know this original post is old, but I love it. I was exploring the internet for unique names for a daycare/preschool. I am still in school at the moment, but exploring options for opening my own daycare with a preschool and after school care provided.
                  I currently reside in Oklahoma, but we are not 100% sure that we are going to stay here after I graduate. I am in the process of earning my Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education Degree. In Oklahoma public education is at the bottom (currently ranked 49th in the US) for teacher pay, hence the reason that I am not sure that we will stay here.
                  But anyway, I am looking for some ideas or suggestions on unique names for a center!
                  Thanks in advance for advice.

Comment

I joked with a local preacher a while back about renaming their church pre-school Holy Terrors. Apparently when he told the Director she didn't find it nearly as funny as we did. ::

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                      I joked with a local preacher a while back about renaming their church pre-school Holy Terrors. Apparently when he told the Director she didn't find it nearly as funny as we did. ::
                      Some people just have no sense of humor! ::

Comment

Playmates child care and preschool, Most oftenly know as playmates.... Yea, we get some pretty odd calls

Comment

Ones near me that are unique:

From One Mom to Another
                          Loving Earth
                          Learning Tree
                          Holly's Petite Maison Home Daycare

Comment

There was a gal that had her's named "Serendipity." I thought that was fun and cute!

Comment

My favorite that's local is Happy Hippos Daycare.

I didn't want to pay for a name so mine is My Last name, comma first name family child care home. It's what licensing assigned me.

I used to go by Little People, but I can't do that without a DBA anymore.

Comment

Help with Daycare Name

I'm hoping to start my in-home daycare soon, but I'm needing a name for the application. My boyfriend suggested the best one ever, but...well, you tell me...

Me to boyfriend: Help me name my business!
                                Boyfriend: Hmmm.....Soggy Bottom Daycare.
                                Me: What!? Really?? hahahahahahaha
                                Boyfriend: What!! We live in a soggy bottom!!

I love it and cannot think of anything else, but I'm afraid people will think I don't change diapers

Comment

Working...
                                X