Clear All

I have a phd
    You meant Post Hole Digger, yes? ::::::

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
      I have a phd
      You meant Post Hole Digger, yes? ::::::
      ::
      I actually realized while I was making my handbook(after I named my daycare) that the name abbreviated is phd.

Comment

The misspellings drive me nuts too. Especially, "Lil". It makes my skin crawl.

Comment

The daycares all around me have the cheeziest names! Some of the names are just outright annoying, .

I tried to be original but every freaking name I could think of was already taken somewhere in my state. So I started searching daycares in other countries and found one I love for my center. Its typical there, but the 1st one here in the US:-)

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
            The daycares all around me have the cheeziest names! Some of the names are just outright annoying, .

I tried to be original but every freaking name I could think of was already taken somewhere in my state. So I started searching daycares in other countries and found one I love for my center. Its typical there, but the 1st one here in the US:-)
            Do you care to share? Now I'm curious.

Laurel

Comment

Here someone just started advertising named little stinkers, good luck with that. There is also Tatertots (potato state), munchkin university, smarty pants preschool, other than that pretty standard names. I can't stand misspelled words, drives me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                I have a Courtenays Cids Child Care around the corner.

The missing apostrophe bothers me ALMOST as much as C for kids (which is backwards, too). :confused: Why not just Courtenay's Child Care?

We have a center locally called Tot-al Care. It is pronounced TahhT ALL (as in little tot/toddlers) everyone says TOTAL care. It also has a pretty bad reputation.
                :::::: Courtenays Cids is hysterical, I'm dying over here. How could you trust this woman to teach your child anything? Maybe that's the point, it's funny. I hope.

Comment

the popular one here seems to be

busy bee....

Little steps
                  Academy Anything.....Come ON, it's a home daycare for children, not college..

or the village children...... that one cracks me up

I love the one that BC posted about the trains thats awesome
                  Last edited by daycare; 05-15-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Everything here is Little whatever (stars, angels, etc, etc) and lots of Precious whatever (kids, angels, etc). Or providers name like Angela's Daycare. boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ihop View Post
                      ::
                      I actually realized while I was making my handbook(after I named my daycare) that the name abbreviated is phd.

Put that on your handbook ::
                      Soo much better than "academy"

Comment

Originally posted by ihop View Post
                        We have one called phonics phactory. I would NEVER bring my child to somewhere with misspellings in the name. You could have phds running the place and I would even do it. I got the whole phonetic spelling thing but it just rubs me the wrong way.
                        So I am guessing mine.. JimNaisium Childcare would be another decent example 😀
                        Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          And yes, I am registered but I couldn't get in for some reason

My home is called Tir na nÓg Playcare (means Land of the young in Gaelic)
                          Specialty home care for infants & 'tweenies' (0-18 months)
                          I LOVE your daycare name!

Comment

Thanks bklsmum

I've been a provider 13+ years now… I changed my name in 2004 and it stuck. Parents love the story behind the Tir na nOg legend too

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Sir Husband View Post
                              So I am guessing mine.. JimNaisium Childcare would be another decent example 😀
                              Personally, I think your name is VERY creative and perfect for your business...... considering your name.

Comment

I'm considering either Bunny Hutch or Bunny Garden when/if I change.
                                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X