Your Thoughts On The Government Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts On The Government Shutdown

I had a thread about how the shutdown affected one of my families, and I asked that it not be turned into a political discussion. Therefore, I have started this thread so that you CAN get political.

Go..........

My thoughts?

:: ::

something like that anyways...

Comment

I think what I've always thought about Congress - at least half the members should be former daycare providers. After all, who better to teach others how to learn to work and play well with others.

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
        I think what I've always thought about Congress - at least half the members should be former daycare providers. After all, who better to teach others how to learn to work and play well with others.
        :: there is ALOT of truth to that statement!

I don't really follow politics so I can't speak intellgently about this topic. It is a shame that it has to come to this, seems like someone isn't doing their job the rest of the year if this is the end result.

Comment

Congressperson...the only job (other than a meteorologist) where you can lie and be wrong all the time and still have a job!!!!!
          At least the meteorologists have to show up!

Comment

I think that our government as a whole has gotten way too full of themselves and have way too much control. Why is it that those elected by The People do not have listen to The People once they are in office? And why is it The People are the ones suffering the consequences of those in office while they still get paid? If you don't agree with Obamacare, then that should be a separate battle. That battle was fought and lost. If they want to change it, then work on bills to change it. They should not be able to shut down the government and effect millions of people because they want to throw a 2 year old temper tantrum because they didn't get their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              My thoughts?

:: ::

something like that anyways...
              I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

My thought is the mega banks and corporations now run this country. They consistently receive corporate welfare and all the other perks of being in power. There is the elite 2% that end up with 85% of the $$$$ and the remaining 98% must live the the 15% that is left.

I don't think it matters if we have a republican or democrat in office. Mega banks (both domestic and foreign) own both parties.

I hope I am wrong....things could get ugly in the not too distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna View Post
                  Congressperson...the only job (other than a meteorologist) where you can lie and be wrong all the time and still have a job!!!!!
                  At least the meteorologists have to show up!
                  Meteorologists cover themselves with "partly cloudy with a chance of rain". Translation= could be sunny, could be rain, could be clouds.

A politician covers themselves with, "its the other party's fault. Think how bad things would be if we didn't fight "them".

They are all the same. Results are what matters and we haven't seen much of that in a while. I say give the Congress to Daycare Providers. They have to balance a budget, take care of cry babies, wipe away wasteful crap. Just what America needs. Then we can have quiet time.
                  Last edited by Michael; 10-03-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I think that politics has become all about power and not about people like it should be. I think that it's sickening to take away the pay of so many, some of whom still have to work despite no pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Meteorologists cover themselves with "partly cloudy with a chance of rain". Translation= could be sunny, could be rain, could be clouds.

A politician covers themselves with, "its the other party's fault. Think how bad things would be if we didn't fight "them".

They are all the same. Results are what matters and we haven't seen much of that in a while. I say give the Congress to Daycare Providers. They have to balance a budget, take care of cry babies, wipe away wasteful crap. Just what America needs. Then we can have quiet time.
                      Yep..This.

I've got a one word for the situation: RIDICULOUS
                      Last edited by Michael; 10-03-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snbauser View Post
                        I think that our government as a whole has gotten way too full of themselves and have way too much control. Why is it that those elected by The People do not have listen to The People once they are in office? And why is it The People are the ones suffering the consequences of those in office while they still get paid? If you don't agree with Obamacare, then that should be a separate battle. That battle was fought and lost. If they want to change it, then work on bills to change it. They should not be able to shut down the government and effect millions of people because they want to throw a 2 year old temper tantrum because they didn't get their way.
                        This is how I feel as well. Republicans against Obamacare shouldn't shut down the whole gov't and effect all of us. Funny that they still get paid! They shouldn't be paid if they don't pass a budget and shut us down! In CA, if they don't pass a budget, they don't get paid! That's how it should be. There should be some type of consequence for not doing their jobs properly instead of allowing them to have their way when they act like this. It's like negotiating with terrorists. Once you start doing that type of negotiation that's what people choose in the future when they really want their way. I don't blame the President for not negotiating on this because once you do, it sets a precedence and they'll just keep doing this to get their way. Plus... Wasn't this only a 6wk budget or something?

Comment

IMO, For the people, By the people doesn't exist. They are only concerned about what in it for me. Now, for the DEMS, Obama could have found a better way to explain the program. I think he thinks that public backlash about shutting down will cause people to jumped to his camp.

Comment

I think that the very very slim minority is holding the country hostage because they didn't get their way. The Tea Partiers don't even represent the majority pf the Republican party, & they're obstructing the system because they have been allowed to for a while. People have put up with their craziness for so long they think they can get away with anything. People had to put their foot down & stop them. However, it sucks that so many people have to suffer because of the greed an blind hatred of a few people in the minority. Technically, it's an act of terrorism. To hold the world's economies hostage and threaten to default, tanking everyone's economies along with it as ours is the standard currency used worldwide because you didn't get your way is ludicrous & an act of terrorism. Put on your big kid pants, suck it up, deal, actually WORK on laws and things that will benefit people..your constituents at least, not your corporate donation sources and lobbyists, if not the country as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by MotherNature View Post
                              I think that the very very slim minority is holding the country hostage because they didn't get their way. The Tea Partiers don't even represent the majority pf the Republican party, & they're obstructing the system because they have been allowed to for a while. People have put up with their craziness for so long they think they can get away with anything. People had to put their foot down & stop them. However, it sucks that so many people have to suffer because of the greed an blind hatred of a few people in the minority. Technically, it's an act of terrorism. To hold the world's economies hostage and threaten to default, tanking everyone's economies along with it as ours is the standard currency used worldwide because you didn't get your way is ludicrous & an act of terrorism. Put on your big kid pants, suck it up, deal, actually WORK on laws and things that will benefit people..your constituents at least, not your corporate donation sources and lobbyists, if not the country as a whole.
                              If they do that they won't get re-elected but too bad. I doubt they'll get re-elected this way either. Then again they might. I am an Independent and I definitely would consider voting for someone who actually stood up to the tea partiers and their nonsense.

Oh my, I was trying to resist this thread. So much for that. ::

Laurel

Comment

Working...
                              X