Some People Can Be So Judgmental...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
    I think the Op's (very valid) point is that these particular remarks were uncalled for. She didn't ask if members agree or disagree with her. She didn't ask for members personal opinions....she asked about their EXPERIENCES. Had she started the thread asking for people's opinions, then they'd have the right to post their opinion. What the OP did though was ask if anyone has any experience with putting their own child in day care for a few hours a day and how that worked out for them. Then she gets remarks about not having her priorities straight, balh, blah, blah.

THOSE are the types of comments that should be kept to themselves......she didn't ask what do you think about me as a parent if I do this, she asked has anyone done this and what was your experience with it.

This happens regularly here.....whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" ? :confused:
    Yes but inevitably if we tell our experiences and say they were good for us we ARE endorsing our own opinion. Once one person gives their opinion then the opinion is up for discussion.

You really can't have one without the other.

It's an internet forum with loads of opinions. That's what we do.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

"Is that you Beth?' quoting Michael"

I am registered here. I do not like to log in and use my registered name very often. I find it sort of creepy that Michael responded to my very first post by stating where my IP address located me. This forum does not feel very anonymous to me when my location is noted and commented upon. I don't understand enough about computers/forums/IP addresses to know if this is common, but to me, anonymous means that - anonymous. Not, you think you're anonymous but Michael (or someone else) really knows where you're from or maybe even who you are (Beth).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        "Is that you Beth?' quoting Michael"

I am registered here. I do not like to log in and use my registered name very often. I find it sort of creepy that Michael responded to my very first post by stating where my IP address located me. This forum does not feel very anonymous to me when my location is noted and commented upon. I don't understand enough about computers/forums/IP addresses to know if this is common, but to me, anonymous means that - anonymous. Not, you think you're anonymous but Michael (or someone else) really knows where you're from or maybe even who you are (Beth).
        See you're still anonymous. Most if not all sites know where a user is from. If you're IP shows you are from California......Big Deal. That still makes you anonymous. We have thousands of members from differing states. Are you just trolling for a fight?
        Last edited by Michael; 10-21-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Expressing an opinion/feeling. Trying to understand how IP works. Guess that post came off wrong. I didn't mean to be disagreeable with you personally, Michael, after all you do for day care providers with this site. I'm just kind of paranoid about how much information gets sucked out of my computer into the unknown world of the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I find when I post something in a contested thread I pretty much say what I want to say and move on. I guess I just get it off my chest and move onto other things/posts.

For the most part, I enjoy putting time in here. I have a lot of other things to do but for the most part this is a great forum IMHO.
            Just curious- and forgive if this has been addressed before....

but why do you find this to be a great forum? Do you have anything to do with daycare? I believe I read somewhere that you are married. Are you the actual person posting or is your wife? Is this just work to you or do you have a connection to daycares? I skimmed your back ground of going from rock band to here.......very interesting. It also seems as though you have a strong family connection with your brother is this true?

I stay hidden, because I don't want to put "me" out there- you chop me up enough as it is. I hope you keep me hidden Michael. I am not beth and I am not a troll and I am not just another unregistered. I have been reading the forums for a while. I too, take it and leave it. I come here for information and helps and tips and support and friendships. Nan is one of my favorite posters- she knows her stuff. I learn from her and others here.

Comment

Expressing an opinion/feeling. Trying to understand how IP works. Guess that post came off wrong. I didn't mean to be disagreeable with you personally, Michael, after all you do for day care providers with this site. I'm just kind of paranoid about how much information gets sucked out of my computer into the unknown world of the internet!
              I wouldn't stress too much about being anon here. I posted logged out one time to ask a serious question that I didn't want linked to my log in and he posted the state my IP address told him I was in. The funny thing is that it was not even the correct state. I don't think he takes the time to really stalk the posters and track down anything other than very very basic information, most the time I don't think he has the time to even do that.

If you are really worried about your information. Never use names of your childcare, children or parents. Do not post pictures, address or link your website. Other than that you should be fine. Most people don't stalk a daycare forum in search of hacking our computers or seeking us out in person. It isn't like our bank accounts are the fullest or houses are filled with high end items that interest your typical thief.

Comment

Cue Oceans 12 quote:
                "It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why."

"Ooo..."
                "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  Yes but inevitably if we tell our experiences and say they were good for us we ARE endorsing our own opinion. Once one person gives their opinion then the opinion is up for discussion.

You really can't have one without the other.

It's an internet forum with loads of opinions. That's what we do.
                  Agreed. Except This post, from the original thread:

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
                  Never!
                  Perhaps you need to re-evalutate your current situation - maybe you are taking care of too many children?

You say "I just think he needs a break from mommy." Are you sure it's not the other way around? I don't mean to criticize, we all need a break from our children every now and then but to put them in Daycare?

It's time to sort out your priorities.
                  was NOT telling about her own experience....this was just mean-spirited. I don't see how that helped the OP at all and it was not what the OP asked about. This is judging a person's character, not sharing her experience.

Comment

Just curious- and forgive if this has been addressed before....

but why do you find this to be a great forum? Do you have anything to do with daycare? I believe I read somewhere that you are married. Are you the actual person posting or is your wife? Is this just work to you or do you have a connection to daycares? I skimmed your back ground of going from rock band to here.......very interesting. It also seems as though you have a strong family connection with your brother is this true?

I stay hidden, because I don't want to put "me" out there- you chop me up enough as it is. I hope you keep me hidden Michael. I am not beth and I am not a troll and I am not just another unregistered. I have been reading the forums for a while. I too, take it and leave it. I come here for information and helps and tips and support and friendships. Nan is one of my favorite posters- she knows her stuff. I learn from her and others here.
                    I must say that your post is very odd in several ways.

I stay hidden, because I don't want to put "me" out there- you chop me up enough as it is.
                    I don't believe I am the type of person to "chop" people up as you describe.

Do you have anything to do with daycare?
                    I own Daycare.com, hence, I am involved in the business of daycare.

I believe I read somewhere that you are married.
                    There is enough information on the internet if you search for my name. It appears you have already done your homework.

Nan is one of my favorite posters- she knows her stuff.
                    Yes she does as do many of our members on this forum. I even gave Nannyde her own Blog. You should check it out sometime: www.daycare.com/nannyde

Your prodding is a bit creepy. Is this a Halloween stunt??

Enjoy the forum and consider registering.
                    Last edited by Michael; 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

....I chose to believe in Karma instead. Works better....and alleviates the stress.
                      Ditto this. You have to be like a duck. Just let the negativity of the world roll like water off of your well-oiled back. Otherwise, it seeps in and weighs you down and you can't keep swimming through the big a** pond of life. Let the good vibes be the rays of sunshine that dry up that negative water.

So sayeth hippie chick. LOL!
                      BTW, to the OP: I support your choice.

Comment

I've only read little of this because I'm so Taken back by these types of threads.

All I have to say I'd these are just WORDS! Leave them at that and know when to just be done and move on to better post!

TGIF ladies and gentlemen!!
                        Last edited by daycare; 10-21-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I must say that your post is very odd in several ways. I agree, when I reread it, I thought......gee I know what I am saying but will anyone else get it?

I stay hidden, because I don't want to put "me" out there- you chop me up enough as it is.
                          I don't believe I am the type of person to "chop" people up as you describe. I was referring to some of the members that have in the past. I was not speaking of you Michael. I have read nothing unkind of you that I can recall.

Do you have anything to do with daycare?
                          I own Daycare.com, hence, I am involved in the business of daycare. I understand that you own daycare.com, but how did that come about.....what made you interested in daycare....or was it business only. Curious

I believe I read somewhere that you are married.
                          There is enough information on the internet if you search for my name. It appears you have already done your homework. You had posted a link that I looked at very quick. I asked because I was wondering if you Michael were posting or if your wife did childcare-curious to how you came about on this topic, an interest or pure business deal.

Nan is one of my favorite posters- she knows her stuff.
                          Yes she does as do many of our members on this forum. I even gave Nannyde her own Blog. You should check it out sometime: www.daycare.com/nannyde I have several times.

Your prodding is a bit creepy. Is this a Halloween stunt?? no, sadly enough I am just a normal person.

Enjoy the forum and consider registering.
                          I will and have been on here for a long time now. I am not ready to become a member. I like being me. Let me clarify-not all unregistered posters are trolls or whatever, some just like not having it all out there. I read and respond to what moves me or an area I feel I can help or help is asked for. This forum is a great place for us providers. I continue to learn a lot here.
                          Last edited by Michael; 10-23-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

what the heck? I have been too busy working that I missed all this,
                            ::::::
                            yikes, I am so glad it's Friday, come Monday everyone will be rested and nice again...
                            OP... Do what you want with your kids, don't listen to anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                              I hear ya!
                              "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                              Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                                what the heck? I have been too busy working that I missed all this,
                                ::::::
                                yikes, I am so glad it's Friday, come Monday everyone will be rested and nice again...
                                YES! I so agree!

Comment

Working...
                                X