Some People Can Be So Judgmental...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by learn-n-grow View Post
    What I am not saying is that I want everyone to agree with me and I am not referring to only my post. I have read a couple other posts with a similar subject and people can be so mean. I can take an opinion, that's not the problem. But to say why have kids if you don't want to stay home with them or you need to get your priorities straight if you want to put your child in day care is a little extreme for me.
    I agree with you. I have really backed off of posting here as much as I used too. I got tired of EVERYTHING becoming an argument. Some members feel the need to post a reply to everything, when a good majority of the time they should just move along. I, myself, am a guilty of it at times, but it is usually in response to things that I am actually rather passionate about, not every little topic. I think members need to pay attention to the OP and comment if their opinion is really being asked for....not just because they can.

And, I completely agree with you that the comment regarding putting your child in daycare meaning you don't have your priorities straight, blah, blah, blah, was completely uncalled for.....just know in the end....that person's opinion has absolutely no significance in the grand scheme of things and try to let it go

Comment

What I am not saying is that I want everyone to agree with me and I am not referring to only my post. I have read a couple other posts with a similar subject and people can be so mean. I can take an opinion, that's not the problem. But to say why have kids if you don't want to stay home with them or you need to get your priorities straight if you want to put your child in day care is a little extreme for me.
      I got my priorities straight and sent my little demon to Head Start. He even rode the little Head Start bus.

It was AWESOME.

I got to dress him in really cute clothes and he got to DO something outside of the house. The only thing I didn't like about it was they have a ton of breaks and it was only four days a week.

His first teacher was a REAL teacher and it was her first year teaching. She was adorable and so sweet. She was very excited about her job and he had a blast. She had a teachers assistant who was in her fifties and she didn't play. Great combo of youth and experience.

It wasn't that great for "education" but it was great for FUN. I didn't include him in my day care when he was little so it was his first real experience in a group of kids. It was very cool.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Oh... Yeah.

I think those posts are typically out of frustration with folks who have their kids in daycare open to close then require another for evening care...often followed by being dropped at Grandparents on the weekends...

You know what it feels like to watch those kids beg for their parents. It builds and they post....

Anything posted that seems too extreme in any one direction tends to make me look for hurt feelings, venting and personal hot buttons. YKWIM?

There was an awesome thread on "hot button" issues...:: Sometimes we even "poke a hornets nest" to help another provider vent in hopes they wont vent at clients or to get at the root of the issue... I mean, who better would understand that nobody was really driven to tears by one tootsie roll breakfast....
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I know of a whole forum that was very close to being shut down because of how out of hand it became. Being were judging something horrible or making posts of things they had no idea of. Alot of members left or won't even post anymore.
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
            I know of a whole forum that was very close to being shut down because of how out of hand it became. Being were judging something horrible or making posts of things they had no idea of. Alot of members left or won't even post anymore.
            Wow

When did that happen?

This board has grown a lot since I've been here. I didn't realize there was a time when it was going to be shut down or that there was a time when a lot of members left.

That either happened before I came or I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
              Wow

When did that happen?

This board has grown a lot since I've been here. I didn't realize there was a time when it was going to be shut down or that there was a time when a lot of members left.

I don't think she meant this forum.....

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                Wow

When did that happen?

She knew "of" a forum.... not this one.
                Last edited by Michael; 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joyce View Post
                  She know "of" a forum.... not this one.
                  Yes, not THIS forum. It would take a lot for me to close it.
                  I think I, and the mods, have a pretty good handle on the environment and attitude of this forum. Actually most members here are great!

I also own a whisky forum that I occasionally manage. I think they get along well there also but for different but obvious reasons. http://whisky.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
                  Last edited by Michael; 10-19-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Yes, not THIS forum. It would take a lot for me to close it.
                    I think I, and the mods, have a pretty good handle on the environment and attitude of this forum. Actually most members here are great!

I also own a whisky forum that I occasionally manage. I think they are all happy there too but for different but obvious reasons. http://whisky.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
                    Gotcha gotcha

I misread what she said.

Comment

You have to learn to filter out the rudeness. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

You know your child best. If you think he needs daycare -- go for it! My son started at daycare at 3.5 2 days a week. At 4.5 I increased it to 3 days a week. We BOTH needed it. Now he is a happy, well adjusted kindergartener who loves school and is not the least bit scared to leave mommy.

Comment

Just put me on your ignore list dear - I've done the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
                          Just put me on your ignore list dear - I've done the same for you.
                          hmmmm.....if she's on your ignore list.....how do you know what she posted? speaking of rude......................................

Comment

::::::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
                              ::::::::::
                              Kaddidle...you are very naughty! Instigator!

Comment

Careful. I'm taking numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X