Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I woke up this morning to an email that I just received a refund on a product I left a poor packaging review for. The item arrived damaged and the replacement was damaged but I needed the item so I kept it. Then left a review.

Then the CPR trainer that I used for the hands on part of class, gave me our money back because she does it for free. She thought she was paying for the online portion that we already paid for..

Last week the museum that we visited sent us 4 passes as an apology because the food we bought while visiting was not to our liking.

A restaurant sent me a gift card for more than our meal, because the way we were treated when they forgot to pack our go order completely.

My church admin sent me a gift card for all the help I gave her during the most recent mailing that happened.

Comment

• I walked into my house around 12 today and my oldest had washed all the clothes (his, dh and my youngest son's), taken out all of the trash, even gathered up from the bathrooms.........he said 'mom, the dishwasher confused me so I didn't get that run). I was like 'hey, son, it's OK, I can start the dishwasher, and thanks so much for holding down the fort while I was gone'.

My youngest son's truck is on it's last leg so we gotta have a 'discussion' and lay out our/his options and hope he makes a good decision AFTER he THINKS about the options rather than making a spontaneous buy

Gotta love the family-life!

Comment

• Certified in cpr/firstaid for the gazillionth time last night

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you feel like you could teach class now?

• Annalee
          Annalee commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe... LOL

• I got an email from one of my kids moms telling me how much her daughter loves my class and can’t wait to come to each morning. Mom loves the pictures and updates I send about activities each day. She said she appreciated all the hard work I put in planning fun and educational activities for her daughter and the others. It made me feel greatly appreciated. Seeing how this is the hardest class I’ve had in 8 years it made me feel good to realize that some parents are actually caring and understanding.

Comment

• Massage-chiropractor visit after daycare; missed the last bi weekly appt as I was at the beach but looking forward to this one...

Comment

• Michael
            Michael commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife and I still visit our chiropractor of 25 years who is 40 miles away. We have to drive through the Los Angeles traffic to see him but it’s always worth it. We feel so much better afterwards.

• Annalee
            Annalee commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand totally!!!!!

• girlmomma
            girlmomma commented
            Editing a comment
            I go bi-weekly too. I just went today. I love it!!!

• Today we planted 12 trees during playground time. Two native plum, six dogwood, and four rose of sharon.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Annalee
            Annalee commented
            Editing a comment
            CH, it sure BRIGHTENS my day to see you posting this morning!

• Cat Herder
            Cat Herder commented
            Editing a comment
            AL: Thank you for all your emails checking up on me. You will never know what that meant to me. Or maybe you already do, as I suspect.

• girlmomma
            girlmomma commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m glad to see you back, CH! I am happy to hear you’re doing well!!!!

• It's cold here this week so I come running out of the bathroom as I heard my oldest coming up the stairs (workboots are loud ) to ask him to start my car and he said "already done, did it when I started my worktruck......my youngest went to a college football away game Saturday but got tickets for the home team side and I asked why and he said " I didn't want the fans to be mean to my gf"...she was a fan of his opposing team......not sure about them becoming millionaires but happy about their kindness.

Comment

• 7 kids and I filled 8 large bags with leaves from the playground; the kiddos had been gathering the leaves in buckets earlier in the week so I got bags and used their play time to my advantage. One more good wind and the trees will be leaf-less here!

Comment

• 3, count them, 3 more working days this work......closed by 4:00 today! but 4:30 Thursday is my LAST day until Jan 4.

Comment

• CountryRoads
                CountryRoads commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm on countdown mode, too! Last day this week is Thursday, re-open the 8th. And I'm so ready...the kids (and parents!) this week are testing me

• I have had 2 open spots for a while now and couldn’t seem to find families that were a good fit. I have 3 inquires today alone. 4 DCMs are pregnant and not one has asked about holding a spot (yep they know the drill so their loss). Started one kiddo two weeks ago who is a doll and signed another one to start in June. Have a phone interview today for one immediate start and had one yesterday for an August start.. im about to be full WITH a waitlist yay

Comment

• School holiday closing for me today but I played catch-up on paperwork......not completed but happy with what I accomplished.

Comment

• Bragging about my daughter, who has a child in daycare. Baby had a slight temp last Friday, she kept her home and used her PTO. Baby still had a low temp on Sunday, my daughter kept her home on Monday because it had not been 24 hours since bebe was fever free. Baby started another small temp so mom took her to Dr. She had some bumps in her mouth. Dr said probably something viral. She kept lil one home Tuesday, no temp all day. Finally got to send her on Wednesday. My daughter told me she didn’t want to be the one responsible for other kiddos getting sick. I am so impressed with her. I told her that sooooo many people would have sent the child to daycare after giving them fever meds. I used to work in daycare, so I definitely loved parents like her.

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You've trained her well! ;-) Should they ever have kids of their own, I hope my own kids are as thoughtful and responsible to their daycare provider(s) as your dd is. I'd like to think my daycare vents over the years have taught them something about how to treat - and not treat - their future providers.
                Working...
                X