Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 8 month old sweetie started this morning. She's a little angel but has never been away from mom and dad--not even for a couple hours with grandma. She's been fussy and needing lots of snuggles, which I'm more than happy to provide. Right now though I'm making her sit on the floor with some most excellent toys and figure out that it's okay to be playing sometimes, . I know, I'm horrible aren't I? :: My 3 yo DD is laying there playing with her, talking to her, and trying to teach her the sign for milk. So darn CUTE! I think my DD is going to make an excellent big sister when our baby is born in a few months.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

• Today I took off to spend the day w/ my own DS, as it was his birthday. We spent the day talking, had lunch, made brownies.. I got to spend some quality one on one time with him and it was a great and relaxing day!!!

Comment

• My DS and my 2.5 yo dcg are both potty training right now and are both wearing underwear. This week, a light bulb has gone off and they're using the potty without me even asking if they have to go!!!

I haven't had to change a diaper all day!

Comment

• good today

actually yesterday...valentines party so much fun watching the kids pass out and share things they made for others. Brings you back to WHY we do what we do everyday. I have to admit there are more rewarding days then not so good days....Today my licensor showed up, I was sorta expecting her Its been 3 weeks since she did a drop in and said she would return by the end of the feb...a lil late but I got all the things completed on my *yellow forms* even after 7 + years of licensed care I still get written up for this or the other...small things that are usually fixed in a few days... Oh well all went pretty well.

Comment

• I love it when my DCKs give me big hugs and kisses... even when the kisses are wet with a clear runny nose I didn't notice. ::

Comment

• Stuck up for myself and my policies today. DCB got here this morning and mom told me that he was sick over the weekend but the fever's gone, he just seems tired still. She said to call if he was "too much of a handful".

Well, far from being a handful, the poor little guy just laid around listlessly all morning, barely ate snack, and threw up at the lunch table (not much, thankfully!). I normally would have just let him stay since it was almost naptime and he leaves shortly after he gets up from nap, but I decided to call mom and have him picked up on account of the vomit. I changed his diaper before she got here and he had what looked like pure-water diarrhea (not much, but totally liquid)--this after a very smelly, green, slimy, loose diaper this morning.

DCM got here promptly and said that she'll keep me posted, but he probably won't be here on Wednesday (his next scheduled day), and is going to the doc this afternoon.

Sticking up for myself felt good

Comment

• Had a very nice, relaxing day here today! My kids are home because of President's Day and I didn't have any SA's, and I only had one of my two littles. We went out to lunch and hung around watching TV while the baby napped. Ahhhhh!

Comment

• Hubs scheduled our honeymoon today! (We have been married 5 years) When he gets home in August we are headed on a cruise! I can't wait!

Comment

• great email

I had one of my Mom's email me today saying she was thinking of taking a day off in the next month or so and would like to use it to come help me so I could get out and take the kids on a field trip. I live in a fairly rural environment and we had been talking recently about how it would be nice if I could walk places with the kids (library, park, etc) because I have too many for the van.

I couldn't believe the offer! If I look at most of my kids' attendence records you would think their parents never got a vacation day. They use them for and I quote "me time".

Comment

• Originally posted by daymommy View Post
                      I had one of my Mom's email me today saying she was thinking of taking a day off in the next month or so and would like to use it to come help me so I could get out and take the kids on a field trip. I live in a fairly rural environment and we had been talking recently about how it would be nice if I could walk places with the kids (library, park, etc) because I have too many for the van.

I couldn't believe the offer! If I look at most of my kids' attendence records you would think their parents never got a vacation day. They use them for and I quote "me time".
                      That's awesome and so sweet for her to offer!

Comment

• I only have one DCK and he is an infant/sleeping like a rock (8 weeks)... I don't know what to do with myself.

Laundry is done, floors are mopped, cribs are made up for tomorrow, dinner is cooked, bills are paid, I am watching a netflix movie as we speak (social network is fun, btw...I love a fellow smart-arse :, my kids wont be home for another 4 hours....but I still can't leave this room...

Such an awkward feeling....but a pretty good day, still...
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• I miss my other dcks...1 in on vacation and another one is very sick..so I only have my 2 yo and 2yo dcb....easy day. Having a little break is nice. I even was able to watch my aunts newborn so she could get some much needed sleep.

Today for nap I will read my new Parenting magazine and my new book about daycare transitions and routines. Sounds like a great day is ahead!

Comment

• Today is my friday!!! My DD is covering the daycare for me tomorrow. I get to leave in the morning for the whole weekend and work on my scrapbooking! A dear friend owns a scrapbooking B&B and I have a gift cert for it!!! I hope to get a ton accomplished! And the best part-my GC includes a one hour massage I can't wait until tomorrow!

Comment

• Just feeling very lucky to have a job. Lucky that my husband has a job. Feeling so thankful that I have a home for my family and my child is fed and warm in bed right now. Lucky that my new baby will be born and have a home and a crib and food.
                              I was watching a show about pregnant homeless people and it made me really think about how much extra I have. Sometimes it feels good just to remind myself of how blessed I am.
                              Daycare can be stressful at times, like most jobs but boy do I feel thankful that people bring their children to me and I am surviving in this economy. My husband is gone a lot working and it makes me sad and mad but when I think of how lucky I am that he has a job I suddenly dont feel so sad or mad at him for being gone so much. Thanks be to God.

Comment

• So cute!!!

I simply must share the uber-cuteness that showed up on my Facebook wall this afternoon. It's a picture of a 10-day old Humboldt penguin chick at my local zoo. The flippers...the beak...the FUZZ!!!

I want one!! (can you tell I might like penguins?:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X