Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heidi View Post
    Told all my families that I was closing my program today (effective Oct 22). The one mom I thought would have a meltdown did not. Thank you, DCM!
    Best Wishes! I have a friend whom is a Family Partner at Head Start and she loves it...she had to get out of the classroom, though, because she hated it...had two other provider friends hate the classroom as well...???? I think you will enjoy the Family Partner job. happyface

Comment

• Today was a very loooong day and I needed it over. I close at 4:00 on Fridays and all my kids were gone by 3:45. happyface

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, AMEN! ::

Comment

• Some of you know my puppy passed away this week - well 1 dcp brought me cupcakes, another brought wine and a card, one texted very sincere condolences and another thanked me for being open this week knowing it was hard and said she didn't think she could do it, and the last one just sweetly told me she was sorry. They have all been so perfectly kind and sensitive.

Also (the same family that gave me a bottle of wine) gave me a new Ergo baby carrier! I had mentioned I was thinking about getting one (I use a moby and bjorn currently but am not thrilled with them) well I am starting watching their 4 month old next month (in addition to their 2yo I want now) and so she bought me an Ergo! I am so completely overwhelmed with their kindness and thoughtfulness. This hard week has such a rainbow shining over it

Comment

• My new license was in the mail today!!!! Finally- I've been operating off a permit since August.

Comment

• I started in a new room this week because the staff that were in the room could not manage the children's behavior. There have been multiple staff changes in the room in an effort to find someone who could control them (since late July).

On Monday, they were horrible. They were climbing on furniture, jumping off furniture, destroying toys, attempting to clog toilets, randomly removing clothing, throwing toys, hitting, kicking, biting, screaming, etc. On top of the behavior, the room hadn't been cleaned properly in months.

Over the week, they have gotten SO MUCH BETTER! They're playing in centers, (mostly) cleaning up when it's time, they're sitting at circle time (without hitting/kicking/pinching their neighbor), they're lining up when it's time to go in/out, and I didn't get hit by a single child today! Plus, I have the cleaning almost caught up.

Comment

• Had my quarterly unannounced military inspection last Thur. No write ups. Friday morning NAFCC observer arrives for unannounced 4hr observation which happens every 3 yrs. Smooth sailing. Now waiting for quartly unannounced USDA inspection.

Comment

• My crazy mom with two crying, whiny kids aren't here today and I am off for Veterans day tomorrow....I might get through this week afterall....::

Comment

• Threw some birdseed out last night and this morning we got to watch a Mom & Dad Cardinal shepherd 5 juveniles as they ate the birdseed and hopped around for about 5-10. Considering Cardinals usually only have a brood of 3-4, seeing 5 young ones in the same bunch was cool..

Comment

• Not dc related-

Yesterday the new Star Wars game came out. Dh woke up our children at midnight to go buy it, and then they stayed up all night playing it together. They all slept in, then dh took them out to breakfast, back home to play the video game with them, took them out to lunch, ice skating, then came home and made dinner.

Yup, they missed a day of school. Dh was so excited to take the day off and spend time with them. It will be a memory that will last a lifetime. Good dads, for the win.

I had a dcm comment on the kids being home when she dropped off (late- as she overslept, and is a SAHM) and I told her that my husband had taken the day off to spend with them all since he had been so busy lately. She just responded with "I can't even get (husband) to pick him up from daycare." -never realizing how it made her look.

Comment

• Last night was our town's lighted tractor parade. It sounds hokey but it's amazing. Some of the tractors (and floats) are so creative. I had a smile on my face the whole time

Comment

• Dcd just texted to say he is keeping dcb home today, just because. They are the best family. Always spending extra time with their son. Also awesome, because I have a sub for an hour during nap and I was worried about sub handling dcb on only his second day napping with the big kids.

Happy Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
                          Threw some birdseed out last night and this morning we got to watch a Mom & Dad Cardinal shepherd 5 juveniles as they ate the birdseed and hopped around for about 5-10. Considering Cardinals usually only have a brood of 3-4, seeing 5 young ones in the same bunch was cool..
                          That is SOOOOOO cool!!! happyface

I am a HUGE bird watcher and lovethis feeding the birds in my yard! I keep track of what type of birds I see and when and what they are doing or what may have attracted them to my yard so that I can continue doing "that" and keep them here.

I'm in northern MN so we don't often have birds with lots of color but I do have a pair of Cardinals that have decided to make my yard their home for the last few years. I don't know why but they really aren't even suppose to be "normal" in my area so I am super thrilled/excited they are here though!

Seeing babies must be so cool! I have yet to see that with my Cardinals but maybe next year....

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                          Not dc related-

Yesterday the new Star Wars game came out. Dh woke up our children at midnight to go buy it, and then they stayed up all night playing it together. They all slept in, then dh took them out to breakfast, back home to play the video game with them, took them out to lunch, ice skating, then came home and made dinner.

Yup, they missed a day of school. Dh was so excited to take the day off and spend time with them. It will be a memory that will last a lifetime. Good dads, for the win.

I had a dcm comment on the kids being home when she dropped off (late- as she overslept, and is a SAHM) and I told her that my husband had taken the day off to spend with them all since he had been so busy lately. She just responded with "I can't even get (husband) to pick him up from daycare." -never realizing how it made her look.
                          What an awesome day for your kids and what an awesome dad! lovethis My own dad used to do things like that with me and my brothers when we were little (we got to skip school to go special places with him) and we loved it! None of us failed school or were impacted negatively in any way by missing a day here and there and like you said those memories will stay A LOT longer than anything else so that is so fantastic that your kids and DH got to have such a great day together!!! happyface

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                          Last night was our town's lighted tractor parade. It sounds hokey but it's amazing. Some of the tractors (and floats) are so creative. I had a smile on my face the whole time
                          I love parades!! We used to have a couple a year in my community but in the last several years, we're lucky if we have just one.

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
                          Dcd just texted to say he is keeping dcb home today, just because. They are the best family. Always spending extra time with their son. Also awesome, because I have a sub for an hour during nap and I was worried about sub handling dcb on only his second day napping with the big kids.

Happy Friday
                          It's so nice to have families that are so respectful like that. Glad your Friday is going to go so well!! What a great kick off to the weekend!

Comment

• Two day work week!!!happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

• We had a few call offs today and one dcg who was leaving around lunch time, so it was a low day for us- only 8. They played so nicely all morning, and the day has just flown by today. 2 1/2 days to go, and I'm leaving a little early to pick my friend up from the airport on Wed!

Comment

• One of my families gifted me a beautifully written thank you card and a Harry and David gift box for Thanksgiving. The pears were delicious but the card made my day

Comment

Working...
                                X