Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it's the small things we need to grab onto in life to make us happy and appreciate each day.
    This a.m. watching 3 males/2 female cardinals at my feeders did that for me.
    Yesterday it was watching a couple dozen turkeys wandering around my sister's yard.

Enjoy your day everyone! And if nothing else, it's Friday lovethis

Comment

• Re-licensed through ZOOM this morning.....had scanned in my documentation last week so it only took about 30 minutes.....throw in the new formatted assessment and I'm done!happyface Our state is making so many 'positive' changes built around relationships between state departments and I'm in hopes this continues! happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
        Re-licensed through ZOOM this morning.....had scanned in my documentation last week so it only took about 30 minutes.....throw in the new formatted assessment and I'm done!happyface Our state is making so many 'positive' changes built around relationships between state departments and I'm in hopes this continues! happyfacehappyfacehappyface
        Nice. I am so glad to hear it is improving.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• One of my kids who doesn’t talk much started talking up storm, hasn’t stopped talking since. This week he gave me a sneaky look and teasingly told me, “Ms. Sara, you’re a monkey!!” It was so funny!!

Comment

• My brothers families and my family have scheduled our annual River-Trip for Memorial Day weekend...five days of fun Missed it last year due to covid but hopefully all is good.....Have two new nieces to tag along this time and two new wives for my nephews.... 20 of us in two cabins

Comment

• Today is my Fridayhappyface

Comment

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                Today is my Fridayhappyface
                Doesn't it feel great to have an early Friday?

Comment

• Originally posted by 284878 View Post
                  Doesn't it feel great to have an early Friday?
                  yes mam, it does!

Comment

• Changed my chiro/massage to today (gave my youngest son my appt yesterday) but it felt so good for a mid-day break; ready for the always-too fast-busy weekend. But those beach days are getting closer and closer. My youngest has had mono and tic (rocky mountain spotted fever) as a child which we were told would cause some issues down the road with fatigue at times???? and he also has scoliosis but no treatment now but may need physical therapy at some point; dr said they rarely do surgery anymore for that. He's been playing several pick-up games of basketball/volleyball so he needed the appt for sure! I remind myself of this when I would get aggravated at his slowness in the past and currently.

Comment

• The dentist-lady came this morning and my littles were AWESOME....listened well, participated answering questions/raising hands/etc. A NICE morning!

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                        Alwaysgreener commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Does this cost you anything? How do you set it up?

• Annalee
                        Annalee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They called me and it was free and they brought each kid bags with toothbrush, dental floss, toothpaste and timer.

• I have a 1 1/2 year old with a star on the calendar because the parents get on my nerves. Kid is great, parents are just too much. I have a 4 month old who is held 24/7 and is struggling to adjust. Had the talk with them today that if I don’t see any improvement that the next step is giving them notice.

i can’t afford to term both… so I said a silent prayer that I get some inquiries soon. I don’t have any ads, but I swear anytime I put it out to the universe that I need new kids, I get calls. And I just got 2 calls - 1 1 year old and a 3 & 1 year old. Woo hoo!!!

Comment

• sahm1225
                        sahm1225 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oops that was me. Forgot to sign on!

• I decided to rent a school bus and we’re taking a field trip next week. It’s $300 so basically I’ll cost me to work that day, but I’ve been wanting to do this forever and am so excited.

decided to do a fundraiser with the families or they can opt out and pay a summer fee to help pay for all the extras this summer (norm at most daycares in our area). Today we used a profesional popcorn machine and popped popcorn and gave it away to our neighbors. We had a little jar for tips. Dcf have a little bit but my neighbors stepped up. They came by with their kids and donated $10+ for bags of popcorn, talked to my daycare families telling them how lucky they are to have my daycare .
                      ended up with $76… popcorn was $40 so not a good haul but it was so much fun that im so grateful! We’re going to do it again later this week and drop off thank you cards at our neighbors houses.

Comment

• sahm1225
                        sahm1225 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks e.j. I am so excited . The kids don’t know si it’ll be a surprise when the bus pulls up.

• Alwaysgreener
                        Alwaysgreener commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Does the school know the ages of the kids? Here all kids under 5 have to be buckled in on the bus.

• sahm1225
                        sahm1225 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alwaysgreener- yes. And We’re not taking the infants

• Fall Break......beach trip.....planning it NOW!

Comment

• July 28 is the day!......my two going to Kindy leave.....

Comment

• e.j.
                          e.j. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And the countdown has begun!

• Annalee
                          Annalee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          One has paid and won't be back so that is really nice! A very nice departing text from them as well! I did care for the mom and her two kids so?

• A dcm gave us $50 and a box of applesauce this morning to treat me & my assitsnt to lunch. How amazing is that!!! Plus they did it in front of other parents !

then the best news ever- my dd 11 is on hgrowth hormones medication that she’s been on for over a year. The insurance decided that because she’s growing and gained weight and hasn’t been hospitalized in over a year, They they no longer want to pay for it. It’s over $60,000 a year so they said we can pay for it out of pocket . She had her feeding tube removed in January because she is finally on the growth/weight curve (3rd percentile!). She is about 65lbs and 25lbs in the past year along with almost 10 inches in height, so the growth hormones we’re doing their job: we’ve been fighting since January. Appeal after appeal after appeal. The response kept coming back ‘she’s shown great progress and doesn’t need it’… it’s sooo frustrating, weight and height have plateaued and she’s had to start other medications since.

today we got the approval letter!!! I almost started to cry. Apparently the head of the approval department read their through her file and realized all the height and growth were BECAUSE she was on it! So she now gets approval for one year

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                          Alwaysgreener commented
                          Editing a comment
                          e.j. I am having the same trouble. They removed things from my DD 504 plan that have been helping her.

• e.j.
                          e.j. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My son was seeing a therapist who wrote a letter explaining that the accommodations were necessary. I brought it to our next IEP meeting, and it stopped all talk of taking the IEP away. I don't miss those days!

• Alwaysgreener
                          Alwaysgreener commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I went back to the therapist that DD sees and had her write an official letter with her full diagnoses and plan on sending the letter to the school. (Previously the therapist sent an email with the diagnosis)

The school first put her diagnosis in the 504 wrong then edited it. Removing the anxiety part and not allowing anything to help with her diagnosis in the 504. They are harming her education by ignoring her anxiety level.

They also ignored the doctors diagnosis of anxiety.
                      Working...
                      X