This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Letspretend View Post
    Hi, this is my first time on a forum! I am a stay at home mom for the last 3 years since my son was born. I also have an 8 year old. Since my son started preschool i have been thinking about starting a daycare service from my home and taking 1 or 2 children. I live in the state of NJ and believe i don't need to get a license if I care for 5 or less children in my home. I am hoping find some great knowledge and advice here ....
    Welcome!

Comment

Hi, my name is Marcie. Although I've been reading through threads for a while, I have never properly introduced myself. I have been researching and planning my family home daycare for a year now while working other jobs and going to school, and will be submitting my application to the state in a couple of weeks. Excited to say the least! I will finally be doing something I love and raising my own kid! Thank you for the valuable information.

Comment

Originally posted by marcieandpie View Post
        Hi, my name is Marcie. Although I've been reading through threads for a while, I have never properly introduced myself. I have been researching and planning my family home daycare for a year now while working other jobs and going to school, and will be submitting my application to the state in a couple of weeks. Excited to say the least! I will finally be doing something I love and raising my own kid! Thank you for the valuable information.
        You're welcome. Glad you are a member.

Comment

Newbie Here...

Hello, my name is Stacie. I love taking care of my grandson he has bought so much joy to my life from the day he was born that it has sparked new life into me and to start me on my journey of becoming a in home daycare provider, during my research i ran across this site and am so glad i did i am learning so much and just want to thank the founder and all who share here!

Comment

Hi my name is Marie and I am in the process of becoming a licensed provider. I decided to become a daycare provider since my youngest is now in school full time. I miss having kids here with me through out the day. I love working with kids and thought this would be a good way to bring in some income. While doing my research and googling questions this forum was able to provide me with a lot of my answers. I look forward to the support system

Comment

Im NEW!!

Hi all! I am Erica from California. I have been running a home daycare now for almost 2 years while raising my own 2 kids. I used to manage a large medical practice, now I enjoy being home with them while still making money. I was recommended to this AMAZING site by my mother who runs her own daycare and pre-school program for over 20 years. I have been reading a lot on here since I have experienced my first real problems and needed an outlet, so I decided to join to get new ideas, since my initial ideas backfired on me. Looking froward to some great ideas and input! Thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desi View Post
                Hi all! I am Erica from California. I have been running a home daycare now for almost 2 years while raising my own 2 kids. I used to manage a large medical practice, now I enjoy being home with them while still making money. I was recommended to this AMAZING site by my mother who runs her own daycare and pre-school program for over 20 years. I have been reading a lot on here since I have experienced my first real problems and needed an outlet, so I decided to join to get new ideas, since my initial ideas backfired on me. Looking froward to some great ideas and input! Thanks guys!!
                Welcome to the forum. PM me if you need answers to using this forum.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to learning (a lot) more...

Comment

HI! I'm Michelle, I work at Children of America, which is a daycare provider in 12 states. I'm here to make new friends and talk about working in daycare

Comment

Hi All! I'm new on here opened up a group family center in NY this September. Process took me 2 years! Happy I made the decision as I now have a 1 year old.. This site has definitely helped in the process and happy to now be a part of it!

Comment

Hi there!

Hi all! I opened my in home day care about a year and a half ago and have been looking for a place to get opinions and advice from fellow providers! Strangely, I am slightly confused about how to post a new thread on the general board? Can you help? I would love to discuss "daily sheet apps" and which apps people are using, which ones they love and what to avoid. Can you direct me?

Comment

Originally posted by Missjaime View Post
                          Hi all! I opened my in home day care about a year and a half ago and have been looking for a place to get opinions and advice from fellow providers! Strangely, I am slightly confused about how to post a new thread on the general board? Can you help? I would love to discuss "daily sheet apps" and which apps people are using, which ones they love and what to avoid. Can you direct me?
                          Your question regarding posting is simple. Choose which category you want to post in here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/

Once in that category you will see a big blue button on the top left or bottom left that reads "New Thread". Click on that and you will be able to post.

Comment

Hello everyone I hope I am doing this in the right place! I live in Washington State about 30 minutes north of Seattle. I have a licensed family childcare in my home. I have been licensed for almost 20 years. I ran a large center before that. I have been plugging away at my degree for years and I am excited that at Christmas I will have my Associates degree and am going to continue on to my Bachelors. It is nice several community colleges in my area are offering Bachelors in ECE on our schedule which is so helpful! WA state has a program called Early Achievers that rates home daycare centers on a scale of 1-4. It is s very very very detailed process to get rated. I am ser to be rated probably in the cohort in the Winter.
                            I fiund this while prowling for ideas others used for acessments. Wow where has then been all my life?
                            Carma

Comment

Hello,

I am considering opening an at home day care, and found your website via google. I'm in Washington state. I've been doing the commuting and corporate world for 25 plus years, I have three grown bio children, two grown stepchildren, and three young grandchildren. I'm heading to 55, and hoping to find my next path for the next 10 years. I love kids, and hoping this forum will help me determine if this is the right path for me. Nice to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by ehowerton View Post
                                Hello,

I am considering opening an at home day care, and found your website via google. I'm in Washington state. I've been doing the commuting and corporate world for 25 plus years, I have three grown bio children, two grown stepchildren, and three young grandchildren. I'm heading to 55, and hoping to find my next path for the next 10 years. I love kids, and hoping this forum will help me determine if this is the right path for me. Nice to meet you.
                                Welcome!!

Feel free to join in on any thread or start your own!

We're a pretty friendly bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X