Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, I have already gotten some important tax information. This site looks like a healthy place to be.

Comment

New to this site and to the daycare world

Hello! I am a newly licensed, in home daycare provider. I am getting ready to start with my first two kids in a couple of weeks. I am also a first time mom to a 6 month old son. I wanted to stay home with him and any other children that I may have while still bringing in income. I have been working very hard to get my business off to the right start. I am hoping to meet like minded providers that can hopefully help me on my childcare journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookenbrandt View Post
        Hello! I am a newly licensed, in home daycare provider. I am getting ready to start with my first two kids in a couple of weeks. I am also a first time mom to a 6 month old son. I wanted to stay home with him and any other children that I may have while still bringing in income. I have been working very hard to get my business off to the right start. I am hoping to meet like minded providers that can hopefully help me on my childcare journey.
        Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hello SW VA mom looking to start Daycare in August!

I've been the 'favorite babysitter' turned mother, turned nanny, now time to get serious about this daycare business. After teaching in a Montessori classroom for three years my hope is to one day get trained and incorporate Reggio and Montessori in my home. I love the challenge it they bring to my children and the independence they inspire. We are purchasing our first home and going to hit the ground running.....oh and I love to run. This forum looks sooo helpful I just have no clue what all the buttons do.. gonna have to figure this all out. thanks for the help!
          "Education is not something which the teacher does, but....is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being" -Maria Montessori

Comment

Originally posted by Vanessa_in_Babyland View Post
            I've been the 'favorite babysitter' turned mother, turned nanny, now time to get serious about this daycare business. After teaching in a Montessori classroom for three years my hope is to one day get trained and incorporate Reggio and Montessori in my home. I love the challenge it they bring to my children and the independence they inspire. We are purchasing our first home and going to hit the ground running.....oh and I love to run. This forum looks sooo helpful I just have no clue what all the buttons do.. gonna have to figure this all out. thanks for the help!
            Welcome to the forum!

If you have ANY questions about anything, feel free to PM me any time.

Comment

Does this forum apply to ALL daycare facilities and programs? Or are the majority home based.
              "Education is not something which the teacher does, but....is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being" -Maria Montessori

Comment

Does this forum apply to ALL daycare facilities and programs? Or are the majority home based.
                ALL.

ANYONE working in any capacity relating to kids.

Including parents.

Comment

All daycare related businesses and topics.

Comment

Hi

Hi! I worked in a large daycare facility in a 2s room about 10 years ago. Then I worked as a PE teacher k-8th grade for a while. After 4 years of that (and having the 2nd of my 3 LOs) I started babysitting out of my home. I have now been running a small home daycare for 2 years. I just found this forum as I hit a bit of a burnout. Hoping ideas and support here can help me remedy some things about my business so I can keep it up until my 3rd is in school.

Comment

Hi micheal

hey hi micheal, i am sarah.. mom of two.. my elders one lives with my parents and i should take care my young ones.

Comment

Hi, my name is Tonya. I enjoy reading the posts to this website. I have been thinking about opening my daycare back up again. I miss it a lot. Reading these posts makes me think about how much fun I had while doing daycare. Still deciding.

Comment

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I ama mother of one baby girl and an owner of an in home daycare. I have had my daycare for almost a year. I am still very new and love to come to the site for advice on how to make my daycare better. Also how do I open attachments in other people's posts?

Comment

Originally posted by L'smom View Post
                            Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I ama mother of one baby girl and an owner of an in home daycare. I have had my daycare for almost a year. I am still very new and love to come to the site for advice on how to make my daycare better. Also how do I open attachments in other people's posts?
                            Welcome to the forum!

You are now registered as a member so attachments should be viewable.

If you have any other questions, just let me know or post openly...everyone here is super helpful and friendly!

Comment

Welcome to the forum L'smom

Comment

Hi, this is my first time on a forum! I am a stay at home mom for the last 3 years since my son was born. I also have an 8 year old. Since my son started preschool i have been thinking about starting a daycare service from my home and taking 1 or 2 children. I live in the state of NJ and believe i don't need to get a license if I care for 5 or less children in my home. I am hoping find some great knowledge and advice here ....

Comment

Working...
                                X