Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. I am actively exploring the idea of building and operating an outstanding childcare facility. Besides being a mother, I do not have any childcare experience but I am aware of the lack of quality childcare in my area. I am considering both a start-up and a franchise. I am excited to join the forum!

Comment

New Daycare Provider in CT

Hi!! My name is Tay (pronounced as tie) and yesterday (04/30/2013) I received my State of CT Certificate for Family Daycare. I am in my early 30's but have a 16 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. I will be retiring from the retail banking industries to start being a child daycare provider full-time in my home. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I love kids, decided I should make a career change and make a difference in a child's life. I am excited because the certification process was long, tedious but finally I am certified. A little nervous because I don't know what to expect and dreading the first encounter with the parents during initial interview day. Could anyone please offer some insights, tips, do's and don't's, and questions to ask during interview day? Much help will be appreciated. Thanks! I was googling information on daycare and came across this forum, so far I have read a few threads and I love this forum, is my new best friend!

Comment

Hi,

I am a registered childcare center provider, I have been open for 1 1/2 yrs. I like coming here for ideas and advice. Glad to be a new member.

Tina

Comment

help with start up

Hello. I am currently in the initial stages of starting up a private preschool in Indiana. This is not going to be a daycare, just a preschool for ages 3-5 years old. I spent countless number of hours trying to get information regarding licensing procedures. I want to buy a house-that is already zoned commercial-but do not want to buy it is not "up to code" and needs a lot of rehabbing. Cosmetically, the building looks great-lots of space, clean, bathrooms, working kitchen, three different exits...however-there are probably tons of rules, regulations and guidelines to follow that I am unaware of. I did look over the 182 page document of licensing for day care centers for the state of Indiana. Would I follow those same rules if I am opening a preschool not a day care? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Hello,

Hello, my name is Kelly, I have been in childcare for about 23 years. I opened my own home daycare a year ago. I am planning on applying for my licence in the next few months. I also want to create a website(no clue what to do). I am looking forward to learning lots here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel H View Post
              Hello, my name is Kelly, I have been in childcare for about 23 years. I opened my own home daycare a year ago. I am planning on applying for my licence in the next few months. I also want to create a website(no clue what to do). I am looking forward to learning lots here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
              Welcome to the forum!

Here is a thread about creating a web-site. It has lots of helpful hints and tips. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323

Comment

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ashlee, I'm in the process of opening a day care in my home. I am very excited about it. I got married this summer and I'm a mommy of an almost 3 year old. If anyone has any advice for me as I begin my journey as a day care provider, I'd love to hear it!

Comment

Hello from SK Canada

Hello all,

I just joined today after a recommendation from another provider in my area! Hope to glean some great advice as well as give great advice! Question though? I cannot modify my profile or change my settings yet? Why?

Best,

Dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
                    Hello all,

I just joined today after a recommendation from another provider in my area! Hope to glean some great advice as well as give great advice! Question though? I cannot modify my profile or change my settings yet? Why?

Best,

Dodge!
                    Welcome to the forum!!

I upgraded your status now so you should be able to modify your profile and personal settings now.

If you have any trouble, just let me know....I am happy to help.

Comment

Hello

Hello, my name is Crystal and I've just started a licensed daycare in my home. I came across this forum while looking for tips and ideas for my daycare. I left my job after 12years to stay home with my 2yo and to do something that makes me happy. So please, any tips and advice would be great! Thank you!

Comment

Mrs. Lip

:Kiss. My name is Tosha. I have been doing childcare for 10+ years. I am currently a teacher at an Academic Preschool. I have eight classes and I will have an Associate in Early Childhood... I so can't wait.... It is rewarding to show others if I can do it then you can too. I am a fulltime student, mom, wife, preacher wife..etc.. It is amazing how parents regard you when you take your job and turn it into a career.

Comment

Just joined today

at the suggestion of a fellow daycare provider. I have been working with kids for 26 years the past 16 years as a licensed in home childcare provider in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by DcLady View Post
                            at the suggestion of a fellow daycare provider. I have been working with kids for 26 years the past 16 years as a licensed in home childcare provider in Michigan.
                            Welcome to the forum. I will upgrade your status.

Comment

Aloha, from Hawaii

Aloha, I am new to this exciting forum. I just started my business in March (this year) with my daughter called L.A.M.P. We are having a blast. The children have been great, the parents have been enjoyable. The paperwork has been CONFUSING!!
                              Not the everyday ones but the end of the year wrap up one. We are on vacation and I thought it would take me a couple days to close the books but its taking me a week... yikes!! This leaves me with just one more and the children come back, what type of vacation is this??
                              My background is fairly simple, working for a company that had the contract to help families that were on drugs or abuse their children in some way I needed to Supervise the visit and make sure the child was safe at all times. I seen a lot and had to prevent to much that it was time for me to make a difference. I had always wanted have a daycare but my husband wasn't ready. As soon as he was I never looked back and his support has been unbelievable. I am so excited to get started search to find answers and to give advise.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Roku4 View Post
                                Aloha, I am new to this exciting forum. I just started my business in March (this year) with my daughter called L.A.M.P. We are having a blast. The children have been great, the parents have been enjoyable. The paperwork has been CONFUSING!!
                                Not the everyday ones but the end of the year wrap up one. We are on vacation and I thought it would take me a couple days to close the books but its taking me a week... yikes!! This leaves me with just one more and the children come back, what type of vacation is this??
                                My background is fairly simple, working for a company that had the contract to help families that were on drugs or abuse their children in some way I needed to Supervise the visit and make sure the child was safe at all times. I seen a lot and had to prevent to much that it was time for me to make a difference. I had always wanted have a daycare but my husband wasn't ready. As soon as he was I never looked back and his support has been unbelievable. I am so excited to get started search to find answers and to give advise.
                                Thank you.
                                Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X