Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I need to clarify the "contact your city agency" as mentioned in my above post. What I mean is that I recommend that people call their City Government usually located at City Hall and ask to speak to the department that handles small business licences. Once transfered to this department, you can ask questions about what the requirements are in your city for having a daycare in your home.

Sorry, I just felt I needed to clarify this a little more.

Comment

i believe with you DAYCAREMOM1998. there is need for contacting the city agency or else the work of having a day care will be a time blow out.
      Actually i dont run a daycare currently but i really luv the business and have always keep my time reading article that get related to it.
      Staying with kids have always been what i am enjoying at my leisure. Moreover never forget we have articles that can lecture more on this subject. try get reading to enhance your understanding.

Comment

help

Originally posted by Interested View Post
        What is involved with starting my own daycare? Are there regulations?
        i want to open a day care but i dont know how

Comment

Useful Tips Starting a Home Daycare Business

Some Useful Tips Starting a Home Daycare Business Please see your state's requirements and contact numbers located at:
          State by state childcare daycare licensing and contact information.

Daycare Startup Guide Kit:

Daycare Insurance:

Accredited Daycare Classes:

To add your Daycare listing Information:
          Last edited by Michael; 10-03-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

K-2 Teacher

I have been working at a daycare in Alabama since Feb. 2008.I am wanting to open up my own.I saw where you have to work at a daycare for a year.Does this year include previous daycares you worked at or does it have to be a year straight at one daycare?

Comment

Additional Resources for Start-Up

In addition to contacting your local child care licensing agency, you should also contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. Every state, and most areas, have a Resource and Referral Agency that exists to help parents find child care and to provide assistance to child care providers. Most of the services are free or low cost. You can find your local "R&R" at http://www.naccrra.org/

Best of luck!

Comment

I Need Help

A friend and I are interested in starting a daycare in Los Angeles, CA. I need to know what to do in order to get started.

Comment

Community Care Licensing Contact Info

Contact your child care licensing office. You can find address/phone number at: http://www.ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/CClistingMaster.pdf

Comment

Administrator

I would like to know about starting a large day care center in a commercial setting. Is the location required to have a outdoor play area? I have many more questions.

Comment

Playground

I don't know of any states that do not require outdoor play space--usually it's 75 square feet per child. In some urban areas, where space is at a premium, there is a possibility of doing a play area on top of a building. Sounds wild, but I have seen it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee View Post
                        I would like to know about starting a large day care center in a commercial setting. Is the location required to have a outdoor play area? I have many more questions.
                        I would like infomation on how to start a family daycare in my home.what do i need to start.

Comment

Child Care Center

Can someone please tell me where and how do get my license? I'm interested in opening a center and I'm having problems getting started. I'm located in Atlanta, Georgia.

Thanks..

Comment

Georgia Licensing Standards

Information for Georgia licensing standards are located at:
                            Georgia Daycare Centers listings contact information and licensing standards

Comment

LOTS of paper work and regulations

I am not sure what state you are from... but in PA there is the Office of child development that inspects and will license a day care... be it center, family or group child care. We have a HUGE manual of regulations... lots of paperwork and rules. We also have what is known as Keystone Stars. This is a program that sets even stricter standards that rate a center as 1, 2, 3, 4 star. Just like they rate hotels 1 - 4 they rate the centers based on your standards. You begin at Star 1 and work through each level. It is a very involved process to explain in a brief but you can go to http://www.pakeys.org/ and read more about it. It has it's good points and it has it's down side as well. Day Care is not a get rich business and they have requirements to meet the Star 3 or 4 that would be too costly for a home town center. Now if you are with in a school district or organization...maybe it can be done.. but we would have to charge astronomical rates to cover their expectations. We are working on the Star 2 but doubt we will ever see a higher star level unless they start funding more of the costs. They do offer small grants to help you progress through the stars but it isnt enough to sustain a center.

I can only suggest that you do your homework before you decide to go forward. It is rewarding but it is also time consuming if done correctly.

Comment

money

I am wanting to open a preschool in florida.I would like to start from scatch,find land and build it ground up. i need money to do that and my credit is no go.. I know all that there is to know as far as state requirements go. Is there a grant money out there to suport my business.

Comment

Working...
                                X