This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Year Old In Florida Wants to Start a Daycare

Caregivers in charge of a group: Must be at least 18 and must complete the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services approved introductory training course.

Introductory Training https://www.daycare.com/florida/training.html

Please see your state's requirements and contact numbers located at:
    State by state childcare daycare licensing and contact information.

Daycare Insurance:

Earn Part-Time or Full-Time Income Teaching Children Healthy Cooking Skills:

Highlights Books and Curriculum:
    Our magazines for kids help children become their best selves. With Hello, High Five, Highlights, and our newest addition, BrainPLAY, we have children’s magazines for every age!

Add your Daycare listing Information to the Daycare.com Registry:
    Last edited by Michael; 08-19-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Home Day Care in NC

I would like to open a Home Day Care in NC for 1 or 2 children (age group 2-3 years). I have myself 2 children (2 and 11 years). I am German and I don't really understand the page of the Licening standards for NC. It says: "Number of Children Allowed: 3-5 (plus 3 SAC)". Does it mean that I don't need a license and can start right away? How much of a weekly rate can I expect for one week?

Comment

Correct Ratios For Family Daycare in North Carolina

SAC means "School-Age Care". The family ratio with School-age children for you seems to fit. You are within the regulations for cared children with your own included. You WOULD need a license. I am not sure of rates for your area. I would do a search on daycare.com using the zip code in your area and inquire as if you were looking to find care for your own children.

Child Care Licensing Agency
        North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
        Division of Child Development
        Regulatory Services Section
        2201 Mail Service Center
        Raleigh, NC 27699-2201
        Phone: (919) 662-4499
        Toll Free: (800) 859-0829 (within State)
        Fax: (919) 661-4845

Comment

starting daycare in georgia

I live in north carolina and I already have an in home daycare. By the end of the year I will be married and we are moving to Georgia. I am licensed by the state of North Carolina and have a 3 star rating. Will this mean anything to state of georgia. I mean can I transfer licenses and all the classes I have to take to the state of Georgia or will I have to start at a one star again once I move. And if so why. I have been in business for 3 years and will have a diploma in Early Childhood Education by the end of the year. How would I get started?

Comment

Originally posted by Interested
            What is involved with starting my own daycare? Are there regulations?
            I am also interested in starting a daycare any idea on how to predict the number of students you can bring in each month.

Comment

Number of Students Allowed in Daycare

Ratios are icluded. Here are the Licensing Standards listed on daycare.com: https://www.daycare.com/states.html

Comment

How to open aday care

I live in Los Angeles and would like to get start with a day care what is the first thing I need to do?

Comment

Finding a Daycare Business Plan

I am looking for a sample of a Daycare Business Plan which will allow me to focus on the possibility of starting a Daycare Center in North Florida close to Thomasville, GA line. Can you email me one?
                  lucy_61 @ yahoo.com. Very school oriented city - most people are phd but not enough jobs anyway. People just love to learn. Planning to include after school tutoring program for the late working parents. Looking for a plan to extend to a personalized education system for up to 8th grade.
                  Any help?

Thanks,
                  Lucy

Comment

Sample Daycare Business Plan

This one may get you started. http://www.firstbusiness.ca/guides/Daycare.pdf

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....ok...lets see

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      I'm a 16 year old Female who lives in Florida. I am currently a Junior in High School and have decided to be a childcare provider after school. I want to open my own daycare facility, but have no idea where to start. I have taken Early Child Development in school and am currently in level 2-3 which is mostly assisting in running the preschool on grounds. In level 1 I took the Florida state tests for Pre-school Appropriate Practices, Behavioral Observation and Screening, Child Growth and Development, Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, Health Safety and Nutrition, and Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations. I passed them all and have the certificates. Soon I will be taking the Infant/Toddler test to get certified for those ages as well. I am starting to look for a job in a local child care facility. What do I need to do to start my own daycare and are there any other certificates or classes that I need to take? Thanks for you help.
                      ??????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

daycare forms and regulations

There are a lot of forms. I am trying to start my own daycare and I have to go though all kinds of things like people coming here and looking my place over. You have to make sure you are really ready for this and your mind to it. If you really want to do it, you can.

Originally posted by Interested
                        What is involved with starting my own daycare? Are there regulations?

Comment

Issues to be considered before starting a daycare center

Legal issues should also be detailed in the business plan, as there are unique legal issues faced by day care business. As with insurance, it is important for the business owner to research any legal coverage that may be required before the business opens. For much more information on <a href="http://www.daycaresurvey.com/">day care business</a>...

Comment

In-House Daycare

Please help me to get start.I need kids age starting at 5mth to 6yrs. ago .

Comment

Very useful post

Thanks. This was very useful.

Happy Kidz daycare and learning center.

Fremont, CA

Comment

What I always recommend

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I would like to jump in here if I may. I have owned an in-home daycare for a very long time. I always have friends asking me how they can start their own home daycare, and one thing that I always recommend that they do first is contact their city agency to see what their requirements are for home daycare. Yes, I agree that you need to know your state requirements, but if you don't meet your city requirements as well, you are really waisting your time.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X