No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Have Any Side Businesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you send me a pm to I would maybe be interested in that to.

Comment

CPR / PALS / ACLS Instructor
      Vol. FF / S&R
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Ebay

I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay. Its a great way to make some extra money!

Comment

Originally posted by MamaBear View Post
          I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay. Its a great way to make some extra money!
          myhusband and I are thinking about selling some stuff online that we have... but were not sure which was better ebay or amazon?

Comment

I don't do anything on the side. Sounds like lots of you are doing some neat things, though.

The one thing I might consider regarding offering to do laundry for daycare families or something like that, to me it might appear to place you more in the role of 'hired help' and 'their employee' as opposed to their child care provider, which might not be the outcome you want. Not sure if that makes sense, but for me personally I keep it friendly, but business. It is basically telling them you are hurting financially to begin to offer other services (imo). I would not feel comfortable with that. Unless it might be built into your policy or something that you offer that along with child care? I can't even do my own laundry during the day-!

Hope that made sense and did not sound judgmental- gotta do what works for you and what you feel comfortable with. Regarding side business And daycare business though, think carefully and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
              myhusband and I are thinking about selling some stuff online that we have... but were not sure which was better ebay or amazon?
              I would say ebay but why not use both?

Comment

I clean houses, weed gardens, and care for children.

As for caring for children after hours, check out care.com - I make about $20 an hour from customers from this site.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  I'm the "Daycarewhisperer" on this obscure little board called daycare.com
                  and I have a Child Care Consultant business
                  Nan, just out of curiosity, are you paid to 'whisper' shall we say?

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                    i know it sounds yucky but....

2 times a year, our town/city does a cleanup. Everyone puts all their junk to the curb. Majority of people put out good stuff they don't want, and know others could/would use. like highchairs, vacuums, beds, etc. they separate the garbage from the "junk", so people aren't ripping garbage bags open.
                    My husband does scrap metal so he often goes for the scrap, but we find lots of great items like bikes, furniture etc.

DH also goes to auctions, and he gets lucky and always gets free stuff from coworkers, and family, he even got a free car!!!! that ran and everything. Once he paid $50 bucks for an old cop car (no lights or decals on it) and sold it for 500. the free car he sold for like 400 or something.

He's very good at profiting off of other peoples crap He is always searching through kijiji and the used sites.

I have considered making bibs, bag bags, and other things and selling them but never have.

I have successfully raised ADF's and considered selling them to the local pet shops, or online, but they are so hard to raise, that I could never part with them. African Dwarf frogs are completely aquatic, and full grown reach 1.5 -2 inches. so just imagine the size of the tadpoles (about the size of a speck of pepper at hatchout).

I make huge batches of perogies sometimes and sell them to friends. I used to do peoples nails for a small charge compared to what you would pay to the nail salons, so more people chose to come to me
                    I think I have your dh's long lost brother, I married him. Its crazy what dh comes home with, he's known as a "flipper" I think today he has tires outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      Nan, just out of curiosity, are you paid to 'whisper' shall we say?
                      yes of course
                      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                        yes of course
                        I'm a little slow in this area but I am just wondering because I have a couple friends who have blogs and I always hear people talk about how they make so much money doing on-line blogs about whatever and I just don't understand how people make money doing it..... Is it from advertising on the blog? I hear everyday about women who strike it rich that way and I am just like ????? how?

Comment

Originally posted by jen2651 View Post
                          I would love to try my hand at the online scoring with Pearson. Those who are involved, could you assist a potential newby?!
                          You just have to go to the Pearson website and apply. Most of the scoring is in the spring, but they have projects all year long. They send out surveys periodically to see if your skills meet their needs. Some years I have been selected and some years not. It just depends on what they need. Applying on their site is the first step.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            I'm a little slow in this area but I am just wondering because I have a couple friends who have blogs and I always hear people talk about how they make so much money doing on-line blogs about whatever and I just don't understand how people make money doing it..... Is it from advertising on the blog? I hear everyday about women who strike it rich that way and I am just like ????? how?
                            Get a big fish like daycare.com to "sponsor" you.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by lil angels View Post
                              Could you send me a pm to I would maybe be interested in that to.
                              Here's the link to apply for anyone who is interested:

They do have year-round projects although their busy time is in the spring I have scored one project for them in late fall.

Comment

Originally posted by seashell View Post
                                I sell Barefoot Books (Children's books) at home parties, baby showers, etc. I do alot with daycare centers as fundraisers and via online parties for fundraisers and for children's birthday registries.

Anyone want to book an online fundraiser for your daycare? It's easy and free and you get free books for the kids!

http://thebarefootbooknook.wordpress.com/
                                I know this is old, but wondering if you could tell me more about barefoot books, do you make decent money doing it? How does it work? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X