No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Have Any Side Businesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Any Of You Have Any Side Businesses?

I have considered adding something like party planning, or doing laundry for my families who were interested... for an extra fee. Just a way to make a little extra money.... anyone ever tried anything like this?

I'm the "Daycarewhisperer" on this obscure little board called daycare.com
    and I have a Child Care Consultant business
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I am a Scentsy director and have been for 3 yrs. now, and absolutely love it!!! If anyone would like to see what Scentsy is just check out Scentsy.com and peek thru a catalog. It is flameless and wickless candles, sprays, tins, scent packs, etc... etc... in 80 different scents to choose from.

Comment

I do personal training nights and weekends when needed... I only train groups pf two or more two times a week/end

Comment

i used to sell mary kay.

i've thought about making dinner for the dc families...they come in and smell whats cooking and threaten to stay for supper...

Comment

I think that I would be catious about offering another service like cooking or laundry to your DCP becuase their first thought would be............if you are doing my cooking and laundry when are you watching the kids??

Comment

I'm a freelance writer and sell books online. I've also done scoring for Pearson in the Spring.

Comment

I pet sit on weekends and vacations. It actually pays better than child care, and I NEVER have issues with pet owners the way I do with parents! If it were more stable I'd do that full time in a heartbeat.

Comment

I score standardized exams through Pearson Education. I am training right now to begin scoring. This is my 3rd year scoring with them & I really enjoy the work & the extra $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by harperluu View Post
                    I'm a freelance writer and sell books online. I've also done scoring for Pearson in the Spring.
                    Me too! Is this your 1st year grading with them? If you ever have any questions, please ask me. Sometimes it can seem lonely when you are going at it alone at home.

Comment

I sell hand sewn items. Right now I am really into making handbags

Comment

I have an Etsy store where I sell children's items that are hand sewn.

Comment

My husband (also a teacher @ our center) teaches violin (4 and 5 year olds). Unrelated, I do historical designations for buildings and other structures (our center is in a historic home too).

Comment

I make crafts (plastic canvas mainly) and crochet. I don't get much time to do this only weekends and evenings sometimes so I just stitch away and when I have enough I set up a table at a craft fair or church. I do take orders as well but it's usually only a handful of people returning. Plastic canvas seems to be fading away and crochet no one appreciates the time and money that goes into the items. A lot of people want dollar store prices "I can get a hat and scarf at the dollar store for $5" Ok go ahead and get that then and let me know how that works for ya.

Comment

I make hairbows and accessories for kids (mostly girls)

Comment

Working...
                              X