No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Have Any Side Businesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do babysitting jobs on the side. That way if I can set and choose my own hours etc

Comment

Pammie started a thread last year on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14918

Comment

Thank you everyone! You have definitely given me some food for thought! Thanks for the link Michael! I love this site!

Comment

I would love to try my hand at the online scoring with Pearson. Those who are involved, could you assist a potential newby?!

Comment

A couple of other threads on this subject:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22224

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23824

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
              I think that I would be catious about offering another service like cooking or laundry to your DCP becuase their first thought would be............if you are doing my cooking and laundry when are you watching the kids??
              well, i gotta cook for their kids at lunch, so i could just double the recipe, and package it then.

Comment

I do custom sewing work that interests me.

Comment

Originally posted by jen2651 View Post
                  I would love to try my hand at the online scoring with Pearson. Those who are involved, could you assist a potential newby?!
                  I'll send you a PM

Comment

I also pet sit on the side. I agree that it can make a lot more money than daycare if I was able to get more clients and if the business was more consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by momofboys View Post
                      I'll send you a PM
                      me too?!? Please?
                      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

i know it sounds yucky but....

2 times a year, our town/city does a cleanup. Everyone puts all their junk to the curb. Majority of people put out good stuff they don't want, and know others could/would use. like highchairs, vacuums, beds, etc. they separate the garbage from the "junk", so people aren't ripping garbage bags open.
                        My husband does scrap metal so he often goes for the scrap, but we find lots of great items like bikes, furniture etc.

DH also goes to auctions, and he gets lucky and always gets free stuff from coworkers, and family, he even got a free car!!!! that ran and everything. Once he paid $50 bucks for an old cop car (no lights or decals on it) and sold it for 500. the free car he sold for like 400 or something.

He's very good at profiting off of other peoples crap He is always searching through kijiji and the used sites.

I have considered making bibs, bag bags, and other things and selling them but never have.

I have successfully raised ADF's and considered selling them to the local pet shops, or online, but they are so hard to raise, that I could never part with them. African Dwarf frogs are completely aquatic, and full grown reach 1.5 -2 inches. so just imagine the size of the tadpoles (about the size of a speck of pepper at hatchout).

I make huge batches of perogies sometimes and sell them to friends. I used to do peoples nails for a small charge compared to what you would pay to the nail salons, so more people chose to come to me

Comment

I sell Barefoot Books (Children's books) at home parties, baby showers, etc. I do alot with daycare centers as fundraisers and via online parties for fundraisers and for children's birthday registries.

Anyone want to book an online fundraiser for your daycare? It's easy and free and you get free books for the kids!

Comment

Tag sales, goodwill, flea markets- sell on ebay whatever I can. I just started my daycare and have no clients yet, I'm actually doing pretty well and am considering doing this exclusively. The problem is it's just not steady enough sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                              me too?!? Please?
                              Sending you a PM

Comment

I do craft fairs. I make magnetic paper doll sets, cards for all occasions, personalized window clings, baby bottle and sippy cup labels, all kids of things depending on where and when it is. I love it! I am getting ready to open up an Etsy to see if my cards and dolls sell well there.

Comment

Working...
                                X