Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcg wanted to know when her birthday is so I told her the date, saying that it was coming up. She went on to describe the theme of her party and told me she is going to invite me to come. She then told me she wanted me to sleep over saying, "You can sleep in Daddy's bed!" She had no idea why I started to choke on my tea ... Kids are so innocent!

Comment

• Blackcat31
      Blackcat31 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s hilarious

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      We went to a yard sale today and my ds went to the owner and asked "Where is your Jeep?" I love talking to kids, the silliest things can brighten a day.

If your wondering the man doesn't have a Jeep and ds couldn't explain why he thought there was one.

• e.j.
      e.j. commented
      Editing a comment
      "If your wondering the man doesn't have a Jeep and ds couldn't explain why he thought there was one."

Lol. Kids can be so funny without even trying.

• Started to VENT this but decided it did have some humor in it

Yesterday I received a call that I normally would have thought to be a hoax but she said a previous childcare family referred her to me and I see this previous family occasionally so....here goes

I answer to this blurt of words without interrupting. "Hello, xxxx, this is xxxx and I was given your number by xxxx and I have a 2.5 year old that is partially immunized; I only need part-time so I would like to visit with the families within your child care facility to ask their schedules and I am flexible so I would work 2-3 days around those schedules to avoid paying full-time; is this somthing you would be interested in'." UHM, no mam, the health dept checks my immunization forms; I offer 12 slots to be used at will with no part-time swapping, and thanks for calling;.. She says " I will get all immunizations if you will offer me a spot".....I have no current availability but will add you to the waiting list. "BUT, I think we can make this work". Again, no current availability but will add you to the list......NOT!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Rockgirl
      Rockgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      This definitely belongs here in the funny thread!

• Annalee
      Annalee commented
      Editing a comment
      This family has referred others to me and one was not immunized so THEY KNEW I would not enroll anyone without immunizations so I guess the phone caller thought 'partial immunized would work' LOL

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
    Started to VENT this but decided it did have some humor in it

Yesterday I received a call that I normally would have thought to be a hoax but she said a previous childcare family referred her to me and I see this previous family occasionally so....here goes

I answer to this blurt of words without interrupting. "Hello, xxxx, this is xxxx and I was given your number by xxxx and I have a 2.5 year old that is partially immunized; I only need part-time so I would like to visit with the families within your child care facility to ask their schedules and I am flexible so I would work 2-3 days around those schedules to avoid paying full-time; is this somthing you would be interested in'." UHM, no mam, the health dept checks my immunization forms; I offer 12 slots to be used at will with no part-time swapping, and thanks for calling;.. She says " I will get all immunizations if you will offer me a spot".....I have no current availability but will add you to the waiting list. "BUT, I think we can make this work". Again, no current availability but will add you to the list......NOT!!!!!!!!
    It is interesting but I have been getting a few calls this year with parents asking if I require shots. It has never been an issue/asked before so I am kinda left unsure how to word that I would prefer the child has shots but on the same hand, I would not want to be forced to get my child or myself vaccines.

Comment

• DCG4 taps me and says DCG2 hugged me.
      I thought a second and asked her if it hurt.

Comment

• TEXT.......dcm 'how many treat bags do I bring tomorrow, 20 or 21'.....me: 12...
        I've sent newsletters, text reminders, had a parent meeting this month in-person...I GIVE UP!!!!

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          Me: yes 21

I have my sister play equipment for her grandkids. When I offered it to her, I sent a picture. A month or two later she's planning to come pick it up and wants to see it again to make sure it will fit.

She asks me to send a picture. I scroll up a few messages a forward the same picture that I had already sent. I am not sure why she couldn't do that but oh well.

• New baby started this week. Ds has been telling everyone about her since the tour.

On her first day, he comes out to say hi to her and says...

Mom, how comes she is so cute?

He has never said this about any other baby.

Comment

• Dcg comes last Monday after being off 2 days due to illness. This is a family that never keeps sick kid home so my thought was that they were daycare shopping. Within an g few hours it’s obvious dcg is really sick, so I text parents to ask what did pediatrician say because dcg is wanting to beheld 24/7 and seems off. They go to the same clinic I used to go to and these doctors are amazing. They text back that doctor said they don’t need to come in unless there’s a high fever, and they’re not concerned about the cough…

as you can guess, dcg falls asleep and wakes up with a 103 fever. Sent home and said needs a doctor note to return because I’m worried. Turns out it’s Covid… so we essentially just got exposed AGAIN right before a holiday. I’m literally in tears. We have had to cancel every get together with my extended family for the past year because of Covid exposures or someone having Covid. We almost lost my husband to Covid in 2021, my youngest is immune compromised, and I’ve had Covid from daycare kiddos 3x and each time it’s a long Covid (first one was 14 months, 2nd was 6 months. I’m at 3 months so far).

anyway, here’s the funny part - dcf texts last night that dcg STILL has symptoms and maybe they’ll keep her home today… ummmmm nope. Kiddo is quarantined PER her doctor notes they sent me UNTIL symptoms are gone OR 10 days. Never seen that in doctor notes but I think that clinic is also annoyed w that family since it’s nonstop viruses and they never do the antibiotics until they’re done so they keep having to go back.

they sent me back a text that because I’m not willing to budge they won’t be using my teenager to babysit for them … ummmm she is NOT babysitting for you EVER, so jokes on you

Comment

• girlmomma
            girlmomma commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, I think I’d call down my waitlist and replace this family.

• sahm1225
            sahm1225 commented
            Editing a comment
            girlmomma - Can’t afford to term but that one will be gone very soon. I’m done.

e.j. - I actually giggled when they said they won’t let my teen babysit for them. First off, would NEVER let her babysit for them. Secondly, no no no no.

• girlmomma
            girlmomma commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally understand! It’s not a fun position to be in, I’ve been there myself!

• There has to be one day this week I will not need to take an excedrin tension It seems something is happening every day; not necessarily bad, just got too much floating in my head this week; but, then again, this generally happens to me at the end of the year. Ready for my break!!!

Comment

• I have a 4 yo dcg who is usually very well behaved. I couldn't love her any more than if she were my own kid. She had to use the toilet after nap time and I was busy waking the other kids up so I told her to go ahead in to the bathroom and reminded her to flush when she was done. I heard the flush and she came out looking a little shaken up. She walked over to me and said, "That scared the crap out of me!" If any one of the other kids had said that, it wouldn't have struck me nearly as funny but coming from her, it just cracked me up!

Comment

• Michael
              Michael commented
              Editing a comment
              haha, now that’s funny.

• Just funny in a weird way! It's dcg birthday today. Dad drops her off, tells her bye, then asks if she wants to stay with him today. Of course she said yes. I just giggled because why did you drive her all the way here to end up just keeping her anyway haha I'm assuming it's because her best friend was absent today, so it was just a couple little boys. Love an easy day!

Comment

• e.j.
              e.j. commented
              Editing a comment
              I've given up trying to understand the thought process of some of my daycare parents. I did have the same thing happen, though, a couple of years ago. A dc dad drove his son to my house with the intention of dropping him off. When they got here and dcb learned his best friend had been called out sick for the day, he had such a meltdown that dcd took him back home with him. Both boys were good kids but very high energy when they were together. They had also reached the age where bathroom talk and being just a bit fresh was hysterically funny to them both. I got a much needed break from them that day!

• Happy Monday! I didn’t sleep well and was so excited to make coffee this morning that I didn’t realize I never emptied the old coffee from Friday. I walk into the kitchen to the delicious smell of coffee and it’s spilling over the coffee maker onto the counter. My assistant giggles and says she’ll make coffee and proceeds to make it with hot chocolate (coffee and hot chocolate are in similar containers and are labeled). We don’t notice until after
            we both pour milk and sugar into our ‘coffee’ . Third time was the charm and finally it’s 9 am and we have coffee and I notice at11am that I made my coffee cup and never drank it

Comment

• dcb5 just asked me If I knew Blippy's phone number so he could find out where Blippy's play space was and dcg3 said she knew the number and spouted off a long list of numbers......

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol I love it when another child knows the answer.
                Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 04-02-2024, 08:55 PM.

• Talked to a parent that plans on starting and told them I use Daily connect app for child care management. He asked if he had to use it, because he didn't want to pay for an app.

I explained that it was free. 😂

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                When I was entering the child, the child's name came up 5 times. The the parents name came up as a teacher. Never had that happen before, so I connected Daily connect and the parent had created a child care account (as the provider).

That also explains why he accepted the invitation so quickly. Lol My email said to watch for an invite email. I guess he just took the initiative on setting up an account.

• Dcm is due any day now: I have dcb2 1/2 in care and they have not mentioned enrolling infant. When they told me they were expecting, I asked what their plans were and they ummm and ahh and ummm we don’t know, so I said let me know asap because infant care fills up fast. Then they were vague about due date. I asked dcd last week directly, ‘what’s the plan with dcb saying he’s going to REAL school in the fall?’ Dcd stutters and was so flustered but then said how they felt dcb is so advanced and should be in a school. I’m a licensed teacher and they know that. I said oh okay and then dcd says ‘we didn’t want to say anything because we figured we’d just swap dcb spot for the baby’. I laughed and said that’s not how it works and if that’s what you’d like we’d need to talk about it because I may not have an infant spot available.

today dcm comes in 4 min before closing and asks to chat. I said okay but it must be quick because I need to get my own kids. Explains that they’re not choosing pre-K because they don’t love me but because it’s free and blah blah blah. Then this is the hilarious part - says I figured you could take/pick up dcb from pre-K (3 blocks away) and you’d be happy because we would bring you the infant and then it wouldn’t end up costing us any more money..: I stopped and didn’t know what to say because ummm in what world is infant care the same price and WTH would I watch TWO kids, do pick up & drop off (meaning I’d have to hire another PT assistant so I can do the pick up in bad weather), but not make any more money

dcm smiled and said she was so happy we talked and then turned and left. Then I started laughing because I have no idea what she thinks she just accomplished

Comment

• Annalee
                Annalee commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh my goodness.....these parents are so ENTITLED these days.....

• girlmomma
                girlmomma commented
                Editing a comment
                WOW! I don’t have words! Lol

• e.j.
                e.j. commented
                Editing a comment
                She's obviously never worked as a daycare provider and has no idea how enrollment and tuition works. Oh, boy! Is she in for a surprise!

• I’m making some changes in my program and a DCM wants to talk regarding these changes.
              She asked if I’d call her. I said I could call her Friday as she off and home with her two kids. They attend my program M-Th

She replied that Friday wasn’t good because it’s too hard to talk with two kids around and could I call her Monday around noon instead.
              I wonder what she thinks I do all day as Monday her boys are in care with me (plus 8 other kids) and it’s lunch time.

Parents clearly have NO idea what we do.

Comment

• Annalee
                Annalee commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear ya!!!!! LOL Good to see ya on here!

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, but I got to know what changes she wants/does not want to happen.

I recently had a parent ask me to call her one day, her kids were not here for some reason, so I decided it couldn't be urgent. I went to call her at nap time and she texted disregarded. I have no idea what she wanted, part of me is glad she changed her mind but the curious side of me is disappointed I did not get a good story out of it.
            Working...
            X