Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend of mine sent this to me. ::::

Click image for larger version

Name:	0DEA2F0F-018A-4DE0-B32C-C31B42230ACB.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	985235

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveA View Post
      Friend of mine sent this to me. ::::

[ATTACH]5381[/ATTACH]
      :::: Oh I don't doubt for a second, that someone out there did stop and try to inquire within.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        :::: Oh I don't doubt for a second, that someone out there did stop and try to inquire within.
        Me either. I actually read a parent post locally that said "they won't remember it anyway, why go broke paying for the fancy legal one". Speaking of her 6 month and 18 month old children.

Legal here means licensed, in-ratio and inspected or less than two for pay.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• This might be one of those 'ya had to be here' moments. But it made me laugh.

I ran out to get a newspaper yesterday and out of the kindness of my heart, I picked up a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dh. I got back home and he said 'did you pick up milk too?' Uh. no cause I had enough for today's coffee before I get groceries. He was eating cereal, which he never eats anymore, with the last of the milk, which he never uses anymore. "I assumed you'd pick up milk because we were getting low"
          Ok, no biggie, I'll pick up milk when I get back home from my time out. He was going golfing. I return home with milk, he was already here(golf course wasn't open yet). He said 'didn't you read my texts?' Uh no?
          So now we have 2 jugs of milk.

Haha our communication level is so low it barely registers at all.

Comment

• Infant 4 months sent home for fever 102.1. I checked the temp 4 times within an hour and it was consistent. Infant cried ALL day, but Is new so originally thought it was just adapting. I checked my temperature AND all the kids to make sure it wasn’t a faulty thermometer.

guess who went home and didn’t have a fever . What made me laugh was that they were surprised when I said ‘that’s great, see you in 2 days’ (I automatically exclude the next day if they’re sent home). Followed by a text that said “maybe it was because I gave baby a bath and Tylenol’ . I didn’t even reply .

there’s a reason we have policies. They are enforced for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
              maybe it was because I gave baby a bath and Tylenol
              I would have been tempted to reply, "You think?!" In all seriousness, though, if they're new to you, you might want to clarify that it's 2 days after the baby remains fever free without baths or Tylenol. (Assuming that is your policy.) Dcm may interpret, "See you in 2 days" to mean the baby can return in 2 days regardless of when the fever broke.

Comment

• sahm1225
                sahm1225 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oops that was my Post and I forgot to sign in. I did remind them about fever free 24 hours before returning so let’s see how it goes tomorrow.

• e.j.
                e.j. commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, good! Hopefully she respects your policy and doesn't try to return tomorrow. I'm so tired of parents who feel the need to test my resolve in enforcing my sick policies. It never used to be a problem for me but it does seem to be a "thing" lately. Hopefully whatever the baby has isn't contagious and the rest of you and the kids in your care stay well.

• There’s always that one kid during clean-up time, walking around singing the clean-up song, and not picking up a %#*& thing!

Comment

• sahm1225
                sahm1225 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have that kids twin. Almost 2 and walks around telling everyone they’re not cleaning up

• e.j.
                e.j. commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 6 of those kids! I'm not ashamed to say that I bribe them with a few mini M&Ms. The 2 oldest kids will usually start picking up as long as they get "paid".

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I would rather have that then the kid that tells me a second after I say clean up time. X is not cleaning up, while dck is clearly not cleaning up and x is.

• I have dcb4 that constantly says 'sharing is caring'....He NEVER plays on his own but always walks up to kids that are playing and says 'sharing is caring'. I'm waiting for dcm to ask me about the other kids 'not playing' with her ONLY child. I'm sure he tells her his side of the story

Comment

• Dcm : on these two days, dck has an 11am school meeting.
                me: oh thanks for letting me know. Will dck come that morning then?
                dcm: oh I thought I could pick up dck and bring dck back.
                me: no, our policy is one Pick up & drop off per day or it’s too disruptive for the group and your dck
                dcm: got it. But what is the policy ME?
                me: ‍♀️

Why do they think policies don’t apply to them

Comment

• Today has been AWESOME....and I really start feeling those old-time-daycare-wow-this-is-working-vibes; then something happens and I think why-did-I-even-open-today??? Such a roller-coaster some days!

Comment

• sahm1225
                    sahm1225 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I feel you! Great morning, then naptime hits and they’ve taken turns crying. No reason, just crying in their sleep.: I started looking up jobs I could do from home and debating how much my lifestyle would change.

• Dck 6 mos sent home for crying nonstop for 3 hours. This is a baby who rarely cries. Has been miserable ALL week - sleeping tons at daycare, coughing, cranky if not held, etc. today was the straw that broke the camels back and I sent home.
                  just got a text ‘doctor said she can come back tomorrow. She’s been great with me. It’s behavioral . Good luck’..waiting a few minutes to reply ‘maybe she just wanted momma today, see you Monday’

what I want to say is ‘did you forget I also have dck 4 who told me she’s screaming and coughing at home too? Crazy that it’s behavioral, but she had a fever AND cough. Good luck, you’ll need it! See you Monday!’ Lol

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Kids who are old enough to talk almost always rat their parents out. Parents think they're putting one over on us, but we know. We know! If it were me, I'd reply with something like, "Glad to hear she's been checked by the doctor and found to be ok. As long as she remains symptom free, we'll try it again tomorrow and hopefully things will go better than they did this morning. If not, I'll be sure to let you know." If I saw improvement, fine. If the baby continued to be miserable and I didn't feel I could manage her and the other kids in my care, I'd call for pick up again.

• sahm1225
                    sahm1225 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @e.j, my policy has always been that if they’re sent home, they’re automatically excluded the next day: I rarely ever send home. They’ve been with me 4 years, they know the policy. They just wanted to be sneaky and throw in the doctor said it’s okay. They’ve tried it before, it never works. But they like to keep trying .

Dck4 told me daddy had to sleep in basement with the baby because she wouldn’t stop crying yesterday

• Does this happen to anyone else?

Children are playing wonderfully…..sharing the basket of blocks, building together, and speaking nicely. I comment, “Wow—I really like how nicely you guys are working together!”

It immediately falls apart. Towers fall down, accusations of knocking them down are yelled, a fight over a single block (of which we have lots) breaks out.

When will I learn to keep my mouth shut?

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Happens all the time here. I always ask myself the same question - "When will I ever learn?!"

• My nephew told me he would pay me double if I could get his 3 month old to sleep in his own bed at daycare....today is his first day and he took an hour nap this morning and has been asleep for 45 minutes so far for his mid-day nap....we are on a roll. His wife told him he shouldn't have said that as he might get what he wished for.

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds as though you just got yourself a raise!

• I have a dcd that is scheduled to pick up at 4:30. Today my DH got home at 4:02 pm and parks in front of our house. My DH is rarely home and typically parks in garage. Apparently DCD didn’t recognize my DH and was feeling some kind of crazy because he got out of his car to inspect how close DH parked and stare him down… my DH wasn’t in the mood so he stared back and said what. DCD still not recognizing him mumbles under his breath and gets back In the car…

then sees my DH walk into my house and he proceeds to go move his car to a different spot and wait until 4:30 to pick up their kids .
                  dcb4 took forever to get ready and I didnt know about the whole staring my DH down until now but dcd was sooo uncomfortable and couldn’t even give me eye contact

Comment

• Michael

Comment

Working...
                    X