What's Annoying You Lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post
    Same here. I think that's why I've been so anxious the last couple of weeks. I used to feel the same way at home.
    Silence has always made me feel super uncomfortable for this reason. I immediately think the other person is mad at me!! Now that I know what it is all about I can rationalize my silly thoughts about it and enjoy the silence

Comment

Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_babyb View Post
        One kids 30 min naps, the other whos clingy and whiney since mom annoced shes preggers, the ever changing rues ( I work in a center) and my co teachers inabilty to remember the garbage.
        Sounds a lot like my vent. I have a child who takes an hour fall asleep and makes a lot of noise by rolling around on his cot. One of my girls has been extra whiny and emotional because mom has started a different shift at work and can’t pick her up anymore. ( Dad picks up later than mom used to) Another child has started talking about guns all the time and how he’s going to be a cop when he “gets bigger” so he can shoot bad guys. My assistant is great with playing with the kids but when it comes to classroom maintenance she is totally clueless. And please don’t reinforce negative behaviors by cuddling a child when she is sent to play by herself for scribbling on a friends art work. My assistant is a sweet 17 year old girl who loves to color with the kids and play dolls with them but there is so much more to being a preschool teacher. She’s doing better but there is a lot to learn and working in a preschool/daycare is not the same as babysitting the kids next door. This is a small thing but it makes me gag to see kids eating ketchup with a spoon—or their fingers. Ketchup is to put on something.

Comment

The entitled mommy and daddy who probably filed my first complaint. Post interview my gut told me post interview...bad match. Lesson learned. They obviously didn't read the contract or policy book. Tried to show up an hour earlier than scheduled and couldnt understand why I wasn't ready to answer the door, got mad when I told them they cannot pick up late, and tried 2x to bring outside food in when I have kiddos with food allergies in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_babyb View Post
            Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.
            I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“
              Yep and i swear people totally ignore that rule. drives me batty! We have shoe covers directly outside the door, the teachers all have house slippers on.. How hard is it to understand?

Comment

When people contact me for care and do not start their message with “hello” or “hi”. Just....”do you do XYZ” like I am some sort of circus clown for hire.

People contacting me needing 11 HOURS OF CARE! 11 HOURS married, dual income family. Why have kids????

Comment

Parents are always annoying me ::

But right now, it's illnesses. What is so hard about keeping your sick child home? I have to send a picture of the child's temp now to prevent the "he/she didn't have a fever at home and was acting fine."

Comment

the fact that parents play on my niceness and big heart. I have been dealing with late payments for the last 2 years. Excuse after excuse because this bill is due or that bill is due blah blah as if its more important than my same bills. I think they assume because im married and have nice things, I don't need their money . Then the parents that think they pay for your services all dag on day and come strolling in here with no urgency after closing like its all good. Literally had one parent "Tell" me they were going to bring their kid at 3pm for a job training and should be done by 7 as if I don't close at 6pm. First I said no im busy I can't do it but then I just told them how I felt that I close at 6 and im not keeping kids past 6 and I want to always close at 6.

Im so over it all and I had to ask myself if I should just get a job. Well I answered no. I need to just enforce my rules. No exceptions, no favors, no nothing. So I redid all of my policies and sent out notices and had them sign the signature page and I put it in their files. Then immediately went over to kinderlime and attached the late fee invoice to their accounts so if they are late it will automatically bill them for it. Ive never had to apply late fees until now. So I can just show everyone better than I can tell them. Im not going to have long drawn out convos either, or remind them of their payments. Im going to do just like the big centers, leave them either their payment due notice or termination letter right in their cubby. AND im not allowing any new parents to think we are that friendly because clearly they can't keep the 2 separate. I assumed that because its a home environment and you get to know these ppl that it was friendly by default. Not anymore. Of course im going to keep the friendly tone with all parents, but no personal calling my phone, no convos about anything other than their kid or anything else that can lead them to believe that they have room to get over. I swear you give ppl a little and they just keep taking until they suck you dry and become aggravated with everything. And I feel like I fix one issue and here comes another one. Im not negotiating my prices, my hours, my policies, nothing! ok...vent over.

Comment

I have a parent who only had their child in daycare a couple of days each month while they were going through custody proceedings. Originally, parent asked if I’d be willing to barter for yard work since they only had part-time work and high lawyer fees. Wanting to help out and since it was so infrequent the child would be in daycare, plus it would allow me to spend the time I’d spend doing yard work with my own family. Unfortunately, parent isn’t good at time management and kept asking me to provide care on the weekend so they could do the agreed upon yard work. I’m not open on weekends so that didn’t work in my favor.

All along parent has been complaining to me how other parent interferes in their parenting time. Finally, after two years equal custody was awarded to both parents, so I will provide care for child more often.

Of course I put an end to bartering arrangement that didn’t benefit me in the least.

Already this week, I’ve had said child in care 12 hours while parent has only worked two. Why fight for custody to send child to daycare when you’re not working?

I’m not looking forward to the conversation I’m expecting about how this parent can’t afford the care and wants to make more bartering arrangements. 🙄

Comment

DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.

Comment

Originally posted by NiNi.R. View Post
                          DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.

That's so sad. Why do parents not want to spend time with their children!

Comment

So much!

So SO so much right now... Literally half the kids I watch I have an issue with. One kid who keeps pooping himself and throwing endless tantrums because he doesn't want to deal with the cleanup. One kid who refuses to nap even though he clearly needs it. One kid who won't stay awake but needs to or he is up until 11pm. and one kid who keeps shoving all the babies in the group over repeatedly. Don't even get me started on the parents...

Comment

Winter. I'm tired of being cold and tired.

Comment

My job! the whole thing. So we have to get our own day off coverage, I didnt find it in time cause there too short staffed. I said ok, ill take the punishment. They call at 6am to help me find coverage after I asked for two weeks. Im leaving this job next Friday and am seriously thinking I may just leave sooner cause im guessing it will be the same coverage issue when I need Tuesday off (to get the papers to sell my home)

Comment

Working...
                                X