No announcement yet.

2019 Hot Car Deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call, because it is really easy for me. I only have 6 kids.

I don't know how the big centers could do it unless each individual class was empowered to call. Maybe we should have a simple no liability form for it?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

One would hope it'd scare the same out of the mom, and maybe she'd get on dad's case.

Ok...I forgot how to work the quotes. That was in response to BC's construction dad.

Comment

My sister had a "near miss" 25 years ago with my niece, who was about 3 or 4 at the time.

They have a tuck-under garage, accessible through the house. They were headed out to the grocery store, so my sister told Tiff to go down and get her shoes on. Then, the phone (landline) rang, and my sister spent a good 10 minutes dealing with whatever it was on the phone. She then went downstairs to put her own shoes on. Her daughter was not in the hall, so she thought she'd gone back upstairs. A few minutes of searching, and no Tiffany.

Finally, she checked the car. There was Tiffany, in her car seat, screaming, red hot, and completely hysterical. She'd gotten her shoes on, opened the car, gotten in, closed the door, buckled in, and then couldn't get back out. She panicked, and of course that made matters worse-it was also the middle of summer.

My sister got her out, comforted her, put washcloths on her head to cool her down, and called the doctor. It could have been a much different outcome!

Tiffany is now a mother of a beautiful 1 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post

I don't know how the big centers could do it unless each individual class was empowered to call. Maybe we should have a simple no liability form for it?
          I work at a larger daycare. We have 10 classrooms and around 300 kids. We each write out a absence sheet daily and turn it in. The sheets are turned into the assistant director who then makes contact with all the absentees, unless the teacher has written a note telling the assistant director why the child is absent (parents often tell us and not the office). It takes about a hour, and the fallow up calls (the parents who dont answer) take about half that.

Comment

23 7/26/2019 Bronx, NY 86 Girl 7 mo
            22 7/26/2019 Bronx, NY 86 Boy 7 mo

Today

Police said twin babies died inside a car in the Bronx after their father told police he forgot they were there, went to work for the day, and found them hours later.

Infant twins died inside a car in the Bronx after their father told police he forgot they were there, went to work for the day, and found them hours later, according to officials.

The 7-month-old infants, a boy and a girl, were found around 4:00 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Kingsbridge Terrace and Kingsbridge Road in Kingsbridge.

The 37-year-old father of the twins is being questioned by police. He told them he drove to work at the VA Medical Center around 8:00 a.m. and forgot the children were in the car when he parked, police said.

He said he went back into his car in the afternoon and started to drive away, according to police. He drove for two blocks before discovering the children in the back seat "foaming at the mouth" and called 911.

So far, there are no arrests.

Police are investigating the incident as an accidental hot car death.

This is a breaking news story. Keep checking back for the latest information.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

The 39-year-old father, Juan Rodriguez from New City, Rockland County, was taken into custody for questioning Friday and charged early Saturday morning.

Police said twin babies died inside a car in the Bronx after their father told police he forgot they were there, went to work for the day, and found them hours later.
              Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
              They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The 39-year-old father, Juan Rodriguez from New City, Rockland County, was taken into custody for questioning Friday and charged early Saturday morning.

https://abc7ny.com/twin-infants-foun...ather/5421861/
                It has been updated: "Family and supporters cheered as Juan Rodriguez left custody just one day after his one-year-old twins died inside a hot car in the Bronx."

"Rodriguez told police he dropped one of his children, a three-year-old, at a home in Westchester, and then drove to work at the VA Medical Center in the Bronx around 8:00 a.m. He told police he forgot the children were in their rear-facing car seats when he parked, police said.

He said he went back into his car after his eight-hour shift and started to drive away, according to police. He drove for two blocks before discovering the children in the back seat "foaming at the mouth" and called 911."

Rodriguez is a licensed clinical social worker and also an Army Veteran who served in Iraq.

Comment

My daycare calls. They are a big center with around 100 kids.

Comment

It has been updated: "Family and supporters cheered as Juan Rodriguez left custody just one day after his one-year-old twins died inside a hot car in the Bronx."

"Rodriguez told police he dropped one of his children, a three-year-old, at a home in Westchester, and then drove to work at the VA Medical Center in the Bronx around 8:00 a.m. He told police he forgot the children were in their rear-facing car seats when he parked, police said.

He said he went back into his car after his eight-hour shift and started to drive away, according to police. He drove for two blocks before discovering the children in the back seat "foaming at the mouth" and called 911."

Rodriguez is a licensed clinical social worker and also an Army Veteran who served in Iraq.
                    Everybody with small children should be required to install some kind of alerting device. There are items on the market aren't there? This type of thing is definitely a crime but not of an intentional criminal act, KWIM? So sad about the suffering of little children. Parents that make this fatal mistake, should be required to become speakers in the hopes of preventing it from happening to others. In the majority of these cases, I truly don't think jail is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                      Everybody with small children should be required to install some kind of alerting device. There are items on the market aren't there? This type of thing is definitely a crime but not of an intentional criminal act, KWIM? So sad about the suffering of little children. Parents that make this fatal mistake, should be required to become speakers in the hopes of preventing it from happening to others. In the majority of these cases, I truly don't think jail is the answer.
                      I agree that jail may not be the answer but who forgets their kids, not for a minute, but for an entire day. Why should their be a device made for "someone not to forget their kid". Listen to how that sounds! I know we get busy, but something is wrong with "parenting" these days. Some of the kids we get in child care these days wander around in a spacey fog. It makes me wonder how they are alive within their home setting. The parents are the same way. Everyone lays around and the kids wander around. When we have sunday lunches, my cousins kids are EVERYWHERE with no parent in sight. The parents just let them do whatever and we have 6 acres. My house is about 100 yards from my mom where we have lunch. DH went home early to find one of the kids crying behind our house because they were lost I just don't get it! Just a rant this morning

Comment

24 7/29/2019 Oakland Park, FL 93 Noah Sneed 2 yr

"OAKLAND PARK, FLORIDA: A 2-year-old boy was found dead on Monday, July 29, inside a van parked outside an Oakland Park daycare center as temperatures soared to the 90s in the afternoon, authorities said.

Around 3.20 pm on Monday, emergency responders were called to the scene outside Ceressa's Enrichment and Empowerment Academy in Oakland Park, Florida, after daycare staff discovered the child's lifeless body inside a white Ford van.

“At this point, we don’t know why the boy remained inside the vehicle, but, evidently, he ultimately succumbed to the environment in which he remained inside that van,” Broward County Sheriff's spokesperson Keyla Concepcion was quoted as saying.

Authorities said hot weather in the area might have played a role in the death as temperatures in the area were reported to have been in the low 90s. Speaking to WSVN, Concepcion said, “We know at some time earlier today, the boy was transported to this facility inside that van.” "What happened once they arrived here is under investigation. You would think that any facility that deals with children — especially young children — would have some kind of checks and balances or some kind of system. Unfortunately, it's not the first time that we've heard of a case like this happening."

Health experts say a child’s body can heat up three to five times faster than an adult’s and this can cause major organs to begin to shut down, WSVN reported.

Horrified parents whose children attend the daycare rushed to the scene after the deceased child's body was captured in news footage.

Meanwhile, no arrests have been made so far and authorities also haven't released the name of the driver of the van.

This is the latest tragedy in a series of recent incidents involving one or more children dying after being left in hot vehicles.

Phoenix resident Juan Rodriguez, who accidentally left his one-year-old twins Luna and Phoenix in the back of his vehicle for eight hours in 108-degree weather, pleaded not guilty to manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide charges on Friday." - https://meaww.com/boy-found-dead-ins...degree-weather

Comment

They are dismissing the charges

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            Of course not, they are attractive to an interest group in an upcoming political season.

"My client and his family will be working with the legislature when they gain the strength to do so in ensuring that other people are protected."

Because it happened to him through no fault of his own.

Comment

Oakland Park day care shut down after toddler found dead in van parked outside

OAKLAND PARK, FLA. (WSVN) - A day care in Oakland Park has been shut down after a 2-year-old boy was found dead inside a van parked outside.

A criminal investigation is underway on Tuesday after a toddler was found dead inside a white Ford van parked outside of Ceressa’s Enrichment and Empowerment Academy, located along the 3100 block of Northwest 21st Avenue, on Monday afternoon.

The child was later identified as Noah Sneed.

Comment

Of course not, they are attractive to an interest group in an upcoming political season.

"My client and his family will be working with the legislature when they gain the strength to do so in ensuring that other people are protected."

Because it happened to him through no fault of his own.
                                *SIGH*

Well that makes perfect sense....

Comment

Working...
                                X