• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Hot Car Deaths

Another year, and yet it will continue.

2. 4/10/2019 Perdido Key, FL 81 Joy Monell-Merritt 2 yrs

1. 4/4/2019 Melbourne, FL 79 Richard Wighart 14 mo

Source - https://www.noheatstroke.org/

2. https://news.yahoo.com/fla-mom-accus...155815160.html - "the girl’s mother, Jessica Monell, 36, was arrested last week and charged with homicide-neglect manslaughter, neglect of a child, three counts of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of drug equipment."

1. https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/04/...-cocaine-cops/ - "Emily Hartman, 26... left alone in her car several on several instances between April 3 and April 4. With her son in the car, she reportedly drank with a friend at a bar and spent the evening of April 3 meeting up with several people. The following morning, she allegedly picked up a small bag of cocaine to sell and entered a North Melbourne home—where she smoked marijuana while she left Wighard unattended in her car for up to six hours. Hartman was arrested earlier this week and charged with aggravated manslaughter by neglect, possession with intent to sell cocaine and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. On Wednesday, a judge ordered her to remain jailed without bond. "
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

The truly accidental ones are heartbreaking. The clueless ones are tragic. But the drug-addled ones make me wish they'd just leave the kid in a shopping cart in a Target somewhere instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
      The truly accidental ones are heartbreaking. The clueless ones are tragic. But the drug-addled ones make me wish they'd just leave the kid in a shopping cart in a Target somewhere instead.
      Right? So sad.

Comment

3. 4/22/2019 Glendale, AZ 86 Girl 18 mo

" it has been determined that the father was the last person to drive the family vehicle, Ngalula explained.

Police have not formally submitted any charges, and the parents will not be identified at this time, Ngalula stated.

"The girl's body was found inside the car by her father Monday evening; he then called the police and gave her CPR until the paramedics arrived, Ngalula said in a press conference Monday. " - https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...le/3550195002/

"When the baby's father found the girl inside the car at an apartment complex Monday afternoon, officers were sent to the scene. The baby had been there for at least a few hours and "died from being left inside the vehicle," police said in a statement, adding that the parents were at the scene and spoke with detectives." - https://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-girl-...ry?id=62573081
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

4-year-old died in hot car as father worked at Minnesota food festival for nearly 6 hours

A 26-year-old Minnesota father has been arrested after he allegedly left his 4-year-old son in a hot car for hours as he worked an event in downtown St. Paul.

The boy, who was not identified, died after his father, Kristopher Alexander Taylor, left him in the car for hours as he worked at the Minnesota Monthly 8th Annual Grillfest at CHS Field in downtown St. Paul on Saturday, according to charging documents filed in Ramsey County.

When Taylor returned around 5:15 p.m., he noticed that his son was unresponsive and "stiff," causing him to yell the boy's name and shake him, authorities said.

Taylor carried his son as he ran into the Regions Hospital around 5:35 p.m.and "frantically" asked for help, according to the probable cause statement.

Hospital staff thought the child was having a seizure, since his whole body was stiff, and he was pronounced dead after anti-seizure medicine had no effect, according to the complaint.

Taylor allegedly later admitted to police that he "left his son in the Journey for the entirety of his work shift" because he "couldn't find anyone to watch his son," according to the criminal complaint. Taylor also allegedly stated that the last time he checked on the boy was at 11:30 a.m., police said.

Taylor has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and is currently being held at the Ramsey County jail.

A 26-year-old Minnesota father has been arrested after he allegedly left his 4-year-old son in a hot car for hours as he worked an event in downtown St. Paul.

Comment

ST. PAUL, MN (KARE) The death of a 4-year-old boy in hot car Saturday in St. Paul, Minnesota marks a dubious distinction.

"This is the 800th pediatric vehicular heatstroke case that we've documented going back to 1998," Jan Noll said.

Noll, a meteorologist, runs the website noheatstroke.org. He's also extensively studied temperatures in parked car during a variety of weather patterns.

Under sunny skies Saturday in St. Paul, the temperature reached 70 degrees. Based on his research, Noll estimates the temperature in the car where the boy died "would have been probably approaching 120 degrees."
            Last edited by Blackcat31; 05-07-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

5. We are up to 5, already. 2019

5 5/4/2019 St. Paul, MN 71 Riley Taylor 4 yr - Charged
              4 5/2/2019 Boomer, NC 82 Boy 9 mo - Charged
              3 4/22/2019 Glendale, AZ 86 Girl 18 mo - Not Charged, TBA
              2 4/10/2019 Perdido Key, FL 81 Joy Monell-Merritt 2 yrs - Charged
              1 4/4/2019 Melbourne, FL 79 Richard Wighart 14 mos - Charged

Comment

A Winston-Salem woman is charged with murder after she left her 9-month-old son in a car for hours while she went to work, officials say.

Kayla Rodgers, 23, brought her child, who was “lifeless and not breathing,” to Wilkes Medical Center on Thursday, WXII reported. Deputies from the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office were called to investigate the baby’s death at 4:20 p.m.

Rodgers told investigators she had picked up her son at 4 p.m. from a new babysitter’s house, where she found him face down in a crib, the Winston-Salem Journal reported.

She said she brought the child to the emergency room because he was “unconscious and not breathing,” Fox 8 reported. - https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...229986039.html

Comment

Glendale, Maricopa County, had 2 hot car deaths in 2017 and did not charge them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                    told investigators she had picked up her son at 4 p.m. from a new babysitter’s house, where she found him face down in a crib, the Winston-Salem Journal reported. https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...229986039.html
                    Just in case anyone missed that.

Comment

How despicable.

Comment

I don't get it! The child was 9mo. In that age, they have no problem to turn from their belly to back. Some kids even start walking at that age. I think something else has happened in the babysitter house.

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                          I don't get it! The child was 9mo. In that age, they have no problem to turn from their belly to back. Some kids even start walking at that age. I think something else has happened in the babysitter house.
                          In the article, it states she said it happened at the sitter’s house, but was later revealed she left her baby in the car while she worked.

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                            The child never made it to the babysitter's house, if there was one. Notice the word *new*. He died in the parking lot, in a hot car, at his mother's place of employment.

Comment

And another one

Comment

Working...
                              X