Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your wisdom. I am going to humor them by doing this conference tomorrow (30 minutes) and then I will hang up the phone and email them my termination notice. Had enough of these shenanigans and no one, I repeat NO ONE, will pressure me into anything. I am a businesswoman, NOT a personal nanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
      eek gads.

I think they need a nanny.

But, to answer your question:
      Unless there is a medical reason (which I can't think of any offhand that would require a child to stay in a crib), they transition here at 2 yrs old. .
      I can! we have a two yea old sleeping in a pack and play still so her oxygen tank can be hung off the side. shes only on oxygen when sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by trix23 View Post
        I was told by my mentor not to go over policies at the initial tour because it seems too harsh and they will lose interest.... :\

You have them initial on each line at the end of your tour? Or once they decide to enroll?
        I absolutely DO go over policies at the tour! And, I only do ONE tour. I'm not going to entertain multiple visits-my time is worth too much to me. Since I started this, I have increased the quality of my enrollees IMMENSELY. The parents are gold. I have ONE parent now who I want to get rid of (and I KNEW I should never have enrolled her, but I did because of a relationship I have with one of her relatives). I told my husband that it was going to be a disaster, and it is headed that way.

I always know by the end off the tour/interview whether I am willing to enroll the family. If I am, I ask them if they want to enroll, and we do it right there. If they need time to decide (which I encourage-I even give names of other good daycares that they could interview with), then I'll still go over policies, ask questions about whether they agree to them, and send the forms home and require them back before the first day.

I don't know why your mentor feels that it would seem harsh or turn off parents-for me, it has made my life MUCH easier. I have only ever interviewed 4 parents who have decided not to enroll with me when I have offered. EVER. I don't agree that the way I do things is a turn off for parents. I have actually had a couple of parents tell me that they appreciate the detailed contract/handbook/explanations because they know what to expect.

Comment

Daycare Services Termination Letter

Friday, August 25, 2017

Dear Family,

Based on what has been discussed thus far as well as your needs and expectations for care for DCK, I feel that you may be better off with a nanny or an individual babysitter that can come to your home for childcare services. Because of this, I feel like this isn’t a good fit for my program. As such, I am issuing notice for withdrawal of daycare services, effective immediately.

Your child(ren)’s last day of care will be Friday, August 25th, 2017. Please adhere to all termination policies with regards to payment and settling of your account.

In accordance with Biz Daycare’s Handbook and Contract Agreement, you are required to pay for services and any outstanding fees up until the last day of service stated in the Termination Letter, whether or not your child is present. (You currently owe $25)

I wish you and your family all the best. Good luck in your daycare search!

Warm Regards,
          ~Miss Daycare Lady

Owner/Operator

Comment

Can I ask why you are wasting your time with the phone conference if your mind is made up? Just seems like wasted effort to me.

Comment

Because I said I would, even though I don't want to. That way they can't say that I didn't listen to their concerns or whatever.

Comment

As someone else said, why would they care?? There really is no downside to switching to a mat and it wouldn't affect what they're doing at home. Geesh....
                And the late fee, have they not even paid that yet? Considering how short of a time they've been coming and they've already got all these issues to discuss yeh, too much trouble for too little time.

Comment

***QUESTION***
                  If you go from pack-n-plays to nap mats, do you give your parents a heads up? Or just try it out?
                  Here in MD all children under 2 must be in a crib or pack in play unless I have permission from the parent in writing that their child can move to a cot . So I would have to talk to a parent about switching to a cot if I wanted to do it before age 2.

Comment

I was told by my mentor not to go over policies at the initial tour because it seems too harsh and they will lose interest.... :\

You have them initial on each line at the end of your tour? Or once they decide to enroll?
                    All my policies are online; parents know them upfront before they even meet me. If they don't like them, they don't schedule a meeting - saves me time & trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
                      Here in MD all children under 2 must be in a crib or pack in play unless I have permission from the parent in writing that their child can move to a cot . So I would have to talk to a parent about switching to a cot if I wanted to do it before age 2.
                      Crazy how that goes because TN has us transition at 12 months... something I was already doing & parents knew from get go

Comment

She's suggesting you lure them in and then say "Oh by the way I have these rules/policies"

I dunno if it were me, I'd stop taking her advice.

That is HORRIBLE business advice and honestly as a parent I'd feel like providers were all doing bait and switch type selling/marketing methods and it would turn me off to a child care immediately if they weren't transparent about their program policies.

No wonder families in your area have a hard time with child care.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          She's suggesting you lure them in and then say "Oh by the way I have these rules/policies"

I dunno if it were me, I'd stop taking her advice.

That is HORRIBLE business advice and honestly as a parent I'd feel like providers were all doing bait and switch type selling/marketing methods and it would turn me off to a child care immediately if they weren't transparent about their program policies.

No wonder families in your area have a hard time with child care.
                          I agree. I know you have had problems with more than one client. Perhaps this is why? They're just not understanding your policies? They're agreeing to childcare before KNOWING the policies? Neither you nor your clients are happy with the status quo, apparently. Perhaps it is time to try something else? Your mentor may know MUCH about childcare-I don't know him or her. What I DO know, is that no one knows it all (well, there may be a couple here who I think do!).

Truth is, if you're looking for a mentor, I'd suggest hiring Nannyde to help you get your business going in the right direction. I can't imagine that you could hire a better consultant.

Comment

When i was going over my Handbook with prospective clients, no one was enrolling. :/

Comment

When i was going over my Handbook with prospective clients, no one was enrolling. :/
                              Probably because it's not your handbook.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
                                Probably because it's not your handbook.
                                I have some burn cream over here in my first aid kit...

Comment

Working...
                                X