Funny Saying, I Don't Understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Ding ding ding!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    (Oops! That is probably highly offensive too)

Statements such as "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" is offensive to vegans.

It’s unacceptable and offensive to express violent and hateful speech about animals

"When we speak of animals as if they are dirty, worthless, stupid, disposable “its” lacking any identity or value, it allows us to stay disconnected to the reality of what we are doing to them. We treat them like property with out actions, our language and our laws. We devalue them in the most casual of contexts."

http://bitesizevegan.com/ethics-and-...-dont-know-it/
    Too funny.
    This saying (the chicken) actually rings especially true for me.
    I grew up on my grandparents farm. I can attest to the fact that yes, the chickens do run (or flop for a better word) with their heads cut off. So do turkeys.
    Many, many turkeys. (oh, the memories)
    My grandfather inadvertently made me a vegetarian because of it.
    As a vegetarian, it's not offensive to me.
    But yes... some vegans I know might take issue.

Comment

Originally posted by racemom View Post
      So are you saying people without a functioning brain are offended? If so I think I figured out why it is not PC!
      No. I was saying the decapitated chicken literally has no forebrain. Decapitated humans, to my knowledge, cannot be offended by anything. I have never heard of one surviving. Other than the headless horseman, of course. Yay, Halloween!
      Attached Files
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

So ridiculous. I say it all the time.

And the reality behind it is just one reason why I'm vegan. Yuck.

But the saying, come on! Geez, can't say anything nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
          I don't even joke about that organization. Years ago I did a craft fair and my table was next to someone raising money for them. All my knives had leather sheaths and half of them had horn or bone handles. Let's just say I was not her favorite person. 2 days of getting grouched at was not fun. The aftermath of her passing my info around to her buddies for them to call and email complaints to was even worse.
          I guess the person who organized that craft show didn't think about that in the setting up. :: Did her talking about you happen to get you any customers?
          Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
          They are also our future.

Comment

Ding ding ding!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
            (Oops! That is probably highly offensive too)

Statements such as "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" is offensive to vegans.

It’s unacceptable and offensive to express violent and hateful speech about animals

"When we speak of animals as if they are dirty, worthless, stupid, disposable “its” lacking any identity or value, it allows us to stay disconnected to the reality of what we are doing to them. We treat them like property with out actions, our language and our laws. We devalue them in the most casual of contexts."

http://bitesizevegan.com/ethics-and-...-dont-know-it/
            I'm sorry but, some vegans need to chill. Most vegans are super cool. Then you get the militant ones. I'm vegan and this totally doesn't bother me.

Most vegans on YouTube are more militant. The online vegan drama on YouTube is off the charts crazy.

Most of us don't even tell people we're vegan so we don't get labeled as militant or crazy. Or hear the stupid joke about "Vegan is the Indian word for bad hunter". Haha, go eat your burger that you in no way killed and processed yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
              I'm sorry but, some vegans need to chill. Most vegans are super cool. Then you get the militant ones. I'm vegan and this totally doesn't bother me.

Most vegans on YouTube are more militant. The online vegan drama on YouTube is off the charts crazy.

Most of us don't even tell people we're vegan so we don't get labeled as militant or crazy. Or hear the stupid joke about "Vegan is the Indian word for bad hunter". Haha, go eat your burger that you in no way killed and processed yourself.
              Everyone needs to chill
              Some people measure importance by how many things offend them... ::

Comment

Everyone needs to chill

::::::::::

Comment

Everyone needs to chill

Love it!

Comment

what a great way to start my day.

BC you are so funny...

I am sure you could be right about the reason for it not being PC towards a person who is Vegan. Funniest part is that I am Vegan and I find it hysterical.

Comment

Everyone needs to chill

::::::
                      Too many people take too many things too seriously.
                      Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                      They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                        :::: It refers to running around without a functioning brain. Full of intent and nervous energy, but without function.

It think it is a southern thing but then again, as a southerner, I think everything is.
                        Yeah, they say it in Australia too. My mother always said it: "Running around like a chook without a head."

Comment

A vegan offended that someone used the phrase in conversation? Now that is just petty.

I say you use it every single time you are around that person. If they're offended it might just toughen their skin a bit.
                          Originally posted by daycare View Post
                          what a great way to start my day.

BC you are so funny...

I am sure you could be right about the reason for it not being PC towards a person who is Vegan. Funniest part is that I am Vegan and I find it hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                            Yes ma'am, bless them!

Poor dc, that lady was crazy. Being offended at 'you guys', this country needs to put it's big girl panties on.
                            I agree. Gracious me!!

Comment

....OMG I am crying with laughter. I have never heard that saying before...... I am going to use that one, but obviously not at the training tonight.

This thread is just cracking me up.

i was starting to fear even talking to people anymore. I did learn something new out of all of this. thanks for all of the laughter and insight.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post

This thread is just cracking me up.
                                Excuse me....I find this statement offensive because of the size of my butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X