Funny Saying, I Don't Understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Saying, I Don't Understand

so for as long as I can remember, I have said this saying when I feel like things are out of control.

"running around like a chicken, with it's head cut off" I heard someone use it many years ago and must have laughed so hard I couldnt breathe.

I was at a training this past weekend and I said it there. I was talking about myself when saying it. Another person in the training said to me don't say that anymore it's not politically correct??????

OMG I am so red in my face, I don't even know what to say to this lady. I think to myself, I say this all the time and everyone laughs, no one has ever seem to be offended by it.

I did tell the lady I am so sorry, she just kind of moved her shoulders up and down at me with a grin on her face.

can you guys please tell me what I said that is so wrong? I looked it up on-line but didn't see anything that lead me to believe that it was a bad thing. I have to go back to class with this lady tomorrow.

What!? Politically incorrect to vegetarians maybe? Lol I don't get the problem. Good luck tmrw!

Comment

Well considering chickens do run around when you cut there heads off I see nothing wrong with saying it! If you are feeling brave, ask her what is not PC about it, I would love to know her response.

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
        What!? Politically incorrect to vegetarians maybe? Lol I don't get the problem. Good luck tmrw!
        ...that it too funny, especially because I am vegan...

OMG, you guys are making me feel so much better. I am feeling so uneasy about having to go to class tomorrow and face her. I am actually a little stressed about it. I really do wonder what she thinks I said.

Comment

Tell her she is being culturally insensitive and should perhaps enroll in more family engagement and diversity training.

5 points if you manage to work it into the Farm to Table, Healthy Eating section... ::
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            Tell her she is being culturally insensitive and should perhaps enroll in more family engagement and diversity training.

5 points if you manage to work it into the Farm to Table, Healthy Eating section... ::
            omg you are too funny.... you all are making me feel so much better. My other half is out of town this week and I didn't have a chance to tell him last night before he left.

I asked my oldest son and he just laughed at me and said, why are you so gullible and believe everything anyone tells you. I hope I am not that bad.....

this class is about social emotional and behavior management.

Comment

I've heard the term before and don't understand how it isn't politically correct. But nowadays, everyone is offended by everything. She'll be okay.

Comment

Here are the facts.... not sure why it has anything to do with politics or correctness to this lady. Such a weird statement from her. :confused::confused: A very common expression.

"Yes, chickens really can run around with their heads cut off — and Modern Farmer has the explanation behind how the animals can survive decapitation.

The answer often lies in the way chickens are killed — if a butcher slices a chicken's head too high, the slice may miss the jugular veins. A too-high slice can also take away the chicken's forebrain but leave the brain stem and cerebellum, allowing the bird to continue moving and, in some cases, breathing.

Dr. Wayne J. Kuenzel, a poultry physiologist and neurobiologist at the University of Arkansas, told Modern Farmer that chicken skulls have larger-than-normal eye openings, allowing the brain to move higher in the skulls post-slice. "Because the brain is at that angle, you still have the functional part that's so critical for survival intact," Dr. Kuenzel told the magazine.

However, Modern Farmer does have a caveat: "Just because your chicken dances upon impact doesn't necessarily mean that it's still alive." A headless chicken could actually be dead but have nerves that are still moving. "The minute you separate the brain from the neck, just like in humans, you're going to get tremendous movement of the limbs," Dr. Kuenzel says. - Meghan DeMaria, The Week"
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Here are the facts.... not sure why it has anything to do with politics or correctness to this lady. Such a weird statement from her. :confused::confused: A very common expression.

"Yes, chickens really can run around with their heads cut off — and Modern Farmer has the explanation behind how the animals can survive decapitation.

The answer often lies in the way chickens are killed — if a butcher slices a chicken's head too high, the slice may miss the jugular veins. A too-high slice can also take away the chicken's forebrain but leave the brain stem and cerebellum, allowing the bird to continue moving and, in some cases, breathing.

Dr. Wayne J. Kuenzel, a poultry physiologist and neurobiologist at the University of Arkansas, told Modern Farmer that chicken skulls have larger-than-normal eye openings, allowing the brain to move higher in the skulls post-slice. "Because the brain is at that angle, you still have the functional part that's so critical for survival intact," Dr. Kuenzel told the magazine.

However, Modern Farmer does have a caveat: "Just because your chicken dances upon impact doesn't necessarily mean that it's still alive." A headless chicken could actually be dead but have nerves that are still moving. "The minute you separate the brain from the neck, just like in humans, you're going to get tremendous movement of the limbs," Dr. Kuenzel says. - Meghan DeMaria, The Week"
                  omg so this is actually a true thing.... OMG I am now feeling really dumb. I just think that it was idiom this whole time.

CH- you are so smart, that is very interesting to know. Gross, but interesting.

I don't know what this lady is talking about, I am afraid to ask her...

Comment

Originally posted by lovemydaycare0912 View Post
                    I've heard the term before and don't understand how it isn't politically correct. But nowadays, everyone is offended by everything. She'll be okay.
                    ....that is so true. I was at a class few months ago and I said hey do you guys want to work on this together. One of the teachers told me, it would be better if you addressed everyone in a way that wasn't offensive. I really think that CA is a very sensitive state.

I really was not referring to all of the women in the class as guys.

oh and she told me you can try saying ya'll instead and I told her but I am not from the south. she didn't say anything back..

ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                      omg so this is actually a true thing.... OMG I am now feeling really dumb. I just think that it was idiom this whole time.

CH- you are so smart, that is very interesting to know. Gross, but interesting.

I don't know what this lady is talking about, I am afraid to ask her...
                      :::: It refers to running around without a functioning brain. Full of intent and nervous energy, but without function.

It think it is a southern thing but then again, as a southerner, I think everything is.

Comment

:::: It refers to running around without a functioning brain. Full of intent and nervous energy, but without function.

It think it is a southern thing but then again, as a southerner, I think everything is.
                        hahahhah yes, this does sound like me. I do run around without my brain on half the time... My friend used to tell me, if your head was not attached, you would probably lose that too....

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                          ....that is so true. I was at a class few months ago and I said hey do you guys want to work on this together. One of the teachers told me, it would be better if you addressed everyone in a way that wasn't offensive. I really think that CA is a very sensitive state.

I really was not referring to all of the women in the class as guys.

oh and she told me you can try saying ya'll instead and I told her but I am not from the south. she didn't say anything back..

ugh...
                          Y'all is taken. Oh, and these women sound "off" to me, ahem... bless their hearts.

Comment

Oh Lord- is there anything people aren't offended at anymore?:I take offense to their being offended.

And by the way- they can actually run a pretty good distance. During high school Ag class when we did poultry judging I found out they can make out the shop door and on to the track the girl's PE class was running on. Needless to say it didn't end well. :: After the teacher got done laughing he looked over and said "Kid- you're on your own!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                              Oh Lord- is there anything people aren't offended at anymore?:I take offense to their being offended.

And by the way- they can actually run a pretty good distance. During high school Ag class when we did poultry judging I found out they can make out the shop door and on to the track the girl's PE class was running on. Needless to say it didn't end well. :: After the teacher got done laughing he looked over and said "Kid- you're on your own!"
                              not sure what AG class is, but oh boy is that a very funny story.

I am starting to feel like I don't know how to talk to people anymore, just makes me love my DCKS that much more. they love me no matter what I say. I say all kinds of words wrong I am sure.

I saw this article that was headlined

2015, the year america was offended by everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X