No announcement yet.

Disrespectful Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to neaten up the living room before dcg was dropped off which included vacuuming. We have a sidewalk and DCD would tromp across the front lawn, step over the outside mat and walk across the inside mat to put his daughter on the couch. Big, muddy footprints across the floor in his wake. He was clueless. I stopped bothering to vacuum before drop off in the am - it wasn't worth it.

Put more mats out - they have floor runners too. Use them - don't let them ruin your carpeting.

While some of the signs are great - I liked that #5 one too - they'll have that "it doesn't apply to me" attitude.

Comment

Be prepared with cleaning supplies in hand in the A.M. Each time a parent walks in and leaves dirty prints, hand them the cleaning supplies and say " I realize you are in a hurry as you need to get to work, but I need to focus on caring for the children, not on cleaning their parents mess. PLease clean the floor on your way out the door"

And, yes, I would do that

Comment

Originally posted by newtodaycare22 View Post
        I like getting the kids involved. (It's especially great if another parent overhears this conversation )
        haha, newtodaycare I send my kids in to do the dirty work too. They are my backbone. Or I politely give them crap for something, loud enough that others over hear. Some parents are dumb though, honestly, and could care less. I've had visitors (not daycare clients) in my home with their kids. I tell my kids not to throw balls in the house, they are going to break something. Their kids stop and look at me while I'm saying this. My kids put the ball down, and their kid starts throwing it again! Parents just sit there, smile and then go back to talking. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......That's when I deal with their kid. They never come back to my house for some reason. .

Comment

I have rule in my handbook and a sign posted on my front door that states 'Life is full of choices - Remove your shoes or clean my floor!' One day my doctor arrived to pick up his grandson and tromped across my lr and dr to pick up. I didn't say a word just walked over and got the mop and handed it to him. He never did it again and not one word was spoken.
          I see little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
            I have rule in my handbook and a sign posted on my front door that states 'Life is full of choices - Remove your shoes or clean my floor!' One day my doctor arrived to pick up his grandson and tromped across my lr and dr to pick up. I didn't say a word just walked over and got the mop and handed it to him. He never did it again and not one word was spoken.

ROFL!!! Way to Go!!!!::

Comment

OMG! :: That is awesome!! So are you saying we don't need cute signs or notes home or cleaning fees or even verbal reminders?? We just have to hand the mop over!!! That is priceless! Way to go!! ::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Baybee0585 View Post
                That's when I deal with their kid. They never come back to my house for some reason. .
                So strange, this happens to me too. My neices and nephews don't like coming to my home because, as my 8yo nephew put it "they have rules" ::. Apparently they cab do whatever they want in their own homes. I always tell the boys (in front of my SIL or cousin because... well I just don't care) "If you want to act like a bunch of rabid monkeys do it in your own home" and the girls get a "You may think your a princess and the rules don't apply but I am the queen here and this is my castle"

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                  "You may think your a princess and the rules don't apply but I am the queen here and this is my castle"
                  Where do you think I can place this in my contract? ::::

Comment

Or just place this on the door.....

You may think you are the prince/princess here, but this is MY castle and I'm the King AND the Queen!!!

(Thanks for the main idea MarinaVanessa, just had to add a little twist to it!)
                    Last edited by SandeeAR; 01-20-2011, 08:54 AM. Reason: added last line

Comment

This sounds like my " you wake 'em - you take 'em" policy for my kids and their friends. They wake a baby they rock, hold, or play with them until nap is over.

Comment

Working...
                      X